• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham vs West Ham OMT ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We won’t be this bad against Ajax that I know. Id love to know is what goes through Pochs head sometimes - Dele is only effective in advanced attacking positions where he can make his runs and be the finisher with a goal or assist. All this dropping deep stuff with him is BS he is not and never will be suited for a playmaker type role. And then even when he is clearly having a shocker he still doesn’t get hooked until 85th minute. Oh well.....
Poch can't win with the subs mate. He wants Alli on for as long as possible because he can create. Plus it's not like we have great options on the bench. Lamela is perenially injured ( really lost my patience with him), winks is injured a lot too, and Sissoko is injured. We are like the walking wounded at the moment just as the games come thick and fast.

We have too many players who are constantly injured. Lamela is useless to us if he's always on the treatment table and I pray that Winks isn't going the same way.

I have sympathy for Lamela, but you're right, he's useless to us. If he's moved on this summer, it would be cruel, but for the best for us - we can't carry dead weight anymore.

West ham crowded the middle if the pitch which makes it hard for our central players, we didn't have anything else to threaten them with - out wide or going long

If Poch made a mistake, it's announcing that Foyth would play again at right-back. Foyth offers zero width, and I was never sold on all the praise he was getting after the City game. He's a center-back forced out onto the wing, and it shows.

West Ham heard it, packed the center of the field, and bam! No width to work with, no room in the center.

That's the only thing that Poch might have been better about. Oh, that and not giving Walker-Peters a game for some unfathomable reason.

Hopefully because he’ll stay on the bench and others will score so he wn’t need to come on and lumber about like a big macaron.
Llorente held the ball up well and won headers but Son, Eriksen and Alli were too knackered to capitalise.

Look on the bright side, the record of first team to win at NWHL is gone as an added incentive for teams.
We weren't that bad, dele and dier were poor. Son looks knackered and fair play to spam they played him well.

Was like the 90s at times today. Very, very ordinary. VJ did well when he came on. Thought Rose looked to be positive. Sonny and Alli well off the pace.

Gutted.

Desperately need Sissoko and/or Winks back. We lacked any structure today, especially in teh second half, and also means we then drop Dele and Eriksen deeper which hits us in the final third....

Poch can't win with the subs mate. He wants Alli on for as long as possible because he can create. Plus it's not like we have great options on the bench. Lamela is perenially injured ( really lost my patience with him), winks is injured a lot too, and Sissoko is injured. We are like the walking wounded at the moment just as the games come thick and fast.
I agree options are limited but Poch bought it partly on himself today. He took Lucas off on the 65th minute, what on earth had he seen in those 65 minutes to think Dele was more likely to do something than Lucas?! And then in the end he waits until the 85th minute to take him off for....Wanyama:D He might aswell of just left him on in the end.....

Was like the 90s at times today. Very, very ordinary. VJ did well when he came on. Thought Rose looked to be positive. Sonny and Alli well off the pace.

Gutted.

Problem I felt with Rose today was that he was popping up in positions where you'd expect to see a LW or LB. Granted him did well at times there, but he was meant to be playing as a midfielder, not a wide man, which left us exposed in the middle. Not really his fault, as anyone playing out of position will get it positionally wrong - think we'd have been better with him at LB and Skipp in midfield

That was one of our flakiest performances for a long long time.

Lack of leaders with no Kane, Sissoko and Jan.

Players were just looking at others and no one grabbed the game and do something.

Very worrying that the same crowd minus Son are up again in about 53 hours against one of the most dangerous teams in Europe this season who will have had their feet up for a week!

Llorente is shockingly bad
People will bring up his track record but it means nothing when he can’t or Won’t move

He actually marks the centre back

Well that was disappointing ...

Weirdly I thought one of Ben's better games, Foyth was decent at RB again.

Awful game from Dele (we could really use him in form), we just seemed a yard off in a lot of things today.

Not as worried as others re Tuesday, the players will be up for it .. wish we had a little more help with injuries ..

Well that was a sh1t afternoon.
I am in no hurry to go home and face a pub load of West Ham fans. Made their season though, at least we are generous in that way.
Will never ever hear the end of it. At least we have CL SF to look forward to, all they have is crowing about bearing is.

That was one of our flakiest performances for a long long time.

Lack of leaders with no Kane, Sissoko and Jan.

Players were just looking at others and no one grabbed the game and do something.

Very worrying that the same crowd minus Son are up again in about 53 hours against one of the most dangerous teams in Europe this season who will have had their feet up for a week!

I guess we'll have some fresh legs coming in - Vertonghen, Trippier, Llorente, Wanyama, perhaps Skipp

I'm actually far more worried about our league game next weekend - we need something from it, but sandwiched between the CL semis will no doubt impact our performance

It’s true. I thought after the recent international break all our injuries would be coming to an end and we’d have a fairly full squad to choose from.

As it is, it’s got worse. We’ve lost some of our most important players and on top of that, Son is suspended for the 1st leg.

Back