• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The glorious march to CL qualification

Dream scenario now is we beat West Ham and then United beat Chelsea. Technically it wouldn't be done, but on GD it pretty much would be.

Or Arsenal lose and Chelsea beat united. Then we are definitely finishing in the top 4.

All we can do is make sure we beat West Ham.

I think we'll have a better time of it against West Ham than Brighton, West Ham will try and play a bit. Win that and top 4 is almost certain. I'd be very surprised if Arsenal got more than a point v Leicester.

I think we'll have a better time of it against West Ham than Brighton, West Ham will try and play a bit. Win that and top 4 is almost certain. I'd be very surprised if Arsenal got more than a point v Leicester.
Only problem being we are their cup final. Plus they have nothing else left to play for other than attempt to sabotage our chances of finishing top four.

A fine week nicely underway as the results continue to play our way. Still hummin' happy tunes as we snag third with Eriksen Sneakin' Sally Thru The Alley:

And hit the motorway to the good times:

As we journey toward a higher football consciousness. Or maybe just custard and couscous on the concourse:

Last edited:
Always one game at a time, but yesterday was absolutely perfect for us. A welcome change to see other teams throw away the opportunity to catch us for once, and not the other way around.

Admire your optimism more than your facts. We've won only two of our last 7 home games against them: L L D W W L D

That's true, we seem to pick up quite a lot of away wins against them and that has skewed my perception a bit. But still, 2 wins in the last 4 home games, not exactly an impossible task. If you said to me after we lost against Southampton that we just have to beat West Ham at home to almost guarantee Champions League football, I'd have taken that. I think the new stadium boost will continue and we will win.

That's true, we seem to pick up quite a lot of away wins against them and that has skewed my perception a bit. But still, 2 wins in the last 4 home games, not exactly an impossible task. If you said to me after we lost against Southampton that we just have to beat West Ham at home to almost guarantee Champions League football, I'd have taken that. I think the new stadium boost will continue and we will win.
Um, we have won only 4 of our last 7 away games against them

A fine week nicely underway as the results continue to play our way. Still hummin' happy tunes as we snag third with Eriksen Sneakin' Sally Thru The Alley:

And hit the motorway to the good times:

As we journey toward a higher football consciousness. Or maybe just custard and couscous on the concourse:

Great selection of tunes amigo! Gotta love the 5 minute fade out on Freeway Jam....

That's pretty good?
Not bad at all but it means that over our last 14 games home and away we have won only six, so not true to say we win 'more often than not'.

Reason I'm chewing over this is I really dread that lot because of how beating us means SO much to them, especially as over the last few years they've won, well, too many for comfort anyway.

Not bad at all but it means that over our last 14 games home and away we have won only six, so not true to say we win 'more often than not'.

Reason I'm chewing over this is I really dread that lot because of how beating us means SO much to them, especially as over the last few years they've won, well, too many for comfort anyway.

It will be a tough game, that's for sure. Did we beat them this season in consecutive games in the league and league cup, I seem to remember back to back away wins and I think that's what is making my brain go "we beat this lot plenty!" I can't actually remember without looking it up.

A big plus for us is that because the goons and Utd have lost two in a row, IF we do phuck up against West Ham then we still have things in our hands. But I'm thinking with the boost of finally being "home" still going strong, we will do this lot. I phucking hope so anyway!

It will be a tough game, that's for sure. Did we beat them this season in consecutive games in the league and league cup, I seem to remember back to back away wins and I think that's what is making my brain go "we beat this lot plenty!" I can't actually remember without looking it up.

A big plus for us is that because the goons and Utd have lost two in a row, IF we do phuck up against West Ham then we still have things in our hands. But I'm thinking with the boost of finally being "home" still going strong, we will do this lot. I phucking hope so anyway!

They seem to think scoring the first official away goal at the new stadium will give them bragging rights for ever.

Back