• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2018/19 Premier League Thread

I honestly don't think Poch has developed the whole "playing with wingers" side of things. He likes intricate football around the middle to open things up for someone to move into the space that has been created. The wide game is for our fullbacks more often than not. He's tried 433 in various pre-seasons but it's never stuck.

Poch is a defender by trade. He's also open to learning. But yeah I don't think he's developed that side of our game - how to create angles to work the ball in attacking wide areas to get in behind. There was a game last season following a wham defeat, where we clearly zipped our passes around at double the speed. It was a reaction to our slow passing vs wham. It was refreshing. I don't know why Poch doesn't permanently push the team to up their passing speed and accuracy. That game showed we can do it.

The final difference is the clinical attacking men tality that city developed over 2 years. Guardiola was frustrated it took him so long to change, but attacking is a science, create the space, work the ball, and be clinical finishing.

Sure city have the players. Poch sets us up to play to our strengths, but one of Poch's greatest strengths is his openess to learn and develop. And there are areas he can develop.

Thats a big big win for City.

They wont admit it, but that will knock a bit of stuffing out of Liverpool. They will be hoping Burnley do them a favour, but to be honest their trip to Saudi Sportswashing Machine in the penultimate match could be the one that costs them

If it goes down to the final day. Wolves at Anfield will be no walk in the park either.

Bearing in mind that we downed tools for two months its amazing really.

Bit harsh. Every game we lost, we lost by a goal bar Chelsea away. We just had a bad run.

If we get top 4 this year, given everything, it’ll be a marvellous achievement from Poch again. Throw in the CL and he’s getting GHod status. But we have to be brave this summer and not brave in a “do fudge all” way. Poch can only work the miracle of the loaves and fishes for so long.

Get in Sessegnon, Mitrovic, Ndombele, De Ligt and Grealish and I’m a very happy bunny...we can all dream.

Bit harsh. Every game we lost, we lost by a goal bar Chelsea away. We just had a bad run.

If we get top 4 this year, given everything, it’ll be a marvellous achievement from Poch again. Throw in the CL and he’s getting GHod status. But we have to be brave this summer and not brave in a “do fudge all” way. Poch can only work the miracle of the loaves and fishes for so long.

Get in Sessegnon, Mitrovic, Ndombele, De Ligt and Grealish and I’m a very happy bunny...we can all dream.

Nah, I want more of it, well, less of it, I expect us to win the league next season, playing a 5 a side team against opponents 11’s, if we are doing this, we’ll double down, what could be braver than that?

Ole’s at the wheel...personally I’d prefer to have Hugo at the wheel after a night out with Giroud. They’ll be back looking for Poch by June at this rate.

I think they will try to save face and give him all of next season, but if he does not make top 4 he will be out the door.

What they need to do is give him 3 years, get rid of the players with bad attitudes and get in players he wants.

Back