• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

Well i guess we will see if he comes here how well he does, personally i think his qualities as a player are overated but as we all know its only opinions. As for wages i would not think we would pay him more then the players here who are better then him, other clubs may/will so i hope he goes elsewhere. I agree we need other options though.

If yesterday showed nothing it is that we struggle against teams that park the bus. And it has repeated itself year after year. Probably our only chance at getting better is a brilliant dribbler who can take out two or three players from a standing start disrupting the opponents' massed defence. How many players do you know who can do that consistently? How many of them would even consider coming to us - irrespective of transfer fee?

If yesterday showed nothing it is that we struggle against teams that park the bus. And it has repeated itself year after year. Probably our only chance at getting better is a brilliant dribbler who can take out two or three players from a standing start disrupting the opponents' massed defence. How many players do you know who can do that consistently? How many of them would even consider coming to us - irrespective of transfer fee?

Moura can dribble but not playing against a blanket defence

Not sure even Zaha would do that

Best way has been a player like Dembele who sucks the opposition out before driving past them

Moura can dribble but not playing against a blanket defence

I still wait with baited breath for someone to show me - in a Spurs shirt - these supposed dribbling skills that Moura possesses.

Not sure even Zaha would do that

Seeing as he is double or triple marked by most opponents, and still manages to produce some type of end product, I would say that is probably the only thing no-one can dispute about Zaha.

The uncertainty - and I can understand the doubters - is what he can do AFTER dribbling clear. THAT is the biggest risk but as someone said, how what do people expect with the likes of the dross Zaha is surrounded by at Palace

Best way has been a player like Dembele who sucks the opposition out before driving past them

Not really - even with Dembele we struggled against these types of opponents, big time.

I still wait with baited breath for someone to show me - in a Spurs shirt - these supposed dribbling skills that Moura possesses.

Seeing as he is double or triple marked by most opponents, and still manages to produce some type of end product, I would say that is probably the only thing no-one can dispute about Zaha.

The uncertainty - and I can understand the doubters - is what he can do AFTER dribbling clear. THAT is the biggest risk but as someone said, how what do people expect with the likes of the dross Zaha is surrounded by at Palace

Not really - even with Dembele we struggled against these types of opponents, big time.

Hey I’m a Zaha fab but he never plays against blanket defences

He is well marked I agree but what we played yesterday was basically 8 men in the box.... palace never ever play teams like that

Where was zaha going to dribble clear to last night?
There was that many in the box Salah couldn't even have won a penalty because there was no room to dive.

Hey I’m a Zaha fab but he never plays against blanket defences

He is well marked I agree but what we played yesterday was basically 8 men in the box.... palace never ever play teams like that

But it doesn't really make a difference. If he can get past three players marking him, he would also be able to get past three players in a packed defence and cause enough disruption to break their shape

Would you be complaining if we had a player who won single-handedly us 6 penalties a season??
Whats that supposed to mean?
How is that relevant?
I have nothing against zaha, other than the price, but he would not have made a difference last night. The space was from our goal line to 30 yards from their goal, that was boy going to change as long as it was 0-0

That is the problem, he may beat a couple of players on occasion but more often then not he runs into trouble and loses the ball, overated player who looks good in a poor side.

Mate, I normally respect your points of view but I detect a bias on this occasion.

You are calling a player overrated when he has scored 9 goals, produced 3 assists and got 6 (!) penalties in what is - by your own admission - a very poor side. In other words, Zaha - on his own - has been responsible for 18 goals in a brick-poor team with no creative assistance to speak of.

That tag is frankly ridiculous! If Moura produced this level of output we would be lauding him to the heavens....

That is the problem, he may beat a couple of players on occasion but more often then not he runs into trouble and loses the ball, overated player who looks good in a poor side.

I disagree with you there. He does well with his running but never plays against a defence like we don

But I dont think his skills suit us in games like yesterday

Zaha would be a good option for us and way better than someone like Lamela for example but not for £60m plus

So if not Zaha, who would be an option to address this obvious and glaring deficit of inability to open packed bus defences??
For me it needs to come earlier and faster

So faster full backs and another Eriksen type in the middle. So I’ll say Max Arrons and Kai Haivertz

I’d also say in a game like yesterday we need a capable second striker, so not Llorente who they fed off every time (he suits teams that attack)

You also have to look at who was missing for us yesterday which took away pretty much all our attacking subs

It's not just us that struggle with it, all teams do.
After all if it didn't work teams wouldn't do it.

City don't routinely struggle as we do; neither do Liverpool... I am not saying that they don't have a difficult game against these sides from time to time. But they spank them more often than not.

And they do so because the former drag the minnows out of shape by their movement whereas the bin dippers have individual strikers with the individual skills to pull them out of shape and open gaps.

We just depend on shots from outside of the box; in other words hit and miss...

City don't routinely struggle as we do; neither do Liverpool... I am not saying that they don't have a difficult game against these sides from time to time. But they spank them more often than not.

And they do so because the former drag the minnows out of shape by their movement whereas the bin dippers have individual strikers with the individual skills to pull them out of shape and open gaps.

We just depend on shots from outside of the box; in other words hit and miss...

Liverpool struggled against Cardiff at the weekend, an Eriksenesque strike and a dodgy pen.
City have spent £££££ and still have their share of sneaked wins, although they do tend to put teams to the sword in the last quarter.

Back