• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

In 10 years time we'll think of Janssen in the same way we think of Lee Barnard or John Obika - i.e., not at all.

It's sad but sometimes you can only go so long without scoring before it's pretty indicative it will never change. He's 24 now and is destined to be a journeyman for the rest of his career.

No amount of game time, arms round the shoulder or pats on the back will be able to change that now. Maybe he just wasn't ready and his confidence is now doomed?

Janssen has had one very good season in his career. Given that he has struggled for appearances since, that is going to skew his career stats.

Jansenn has scored a season many goals in the league for us as Llorente has in less games

Does that count?

In 10 years time we'll think of Janssen in the same way we think of Lee Barnard or John Obika - i.e., not at all.

It's sad but sometimes you can only go so long without scoring before it's pretty indicative it will never change. He's 24 now and is destined to be a journeyman for the rest of his career.

No amount of game time, arms round the shoulder or pats on the back will be able to change that now. Maybe he just wasn't ready and his confidence is now doomed?

I'm not sure if this is a serious post?

Still plenty of time for him, he started late, he’s only played around 80 first class games, not that many more than Kane had before he started to show his worth.

Would love to see the fella do it because I always admired his work rate. I guess something went on with him and Poch because it is very unusual for a player to be frozen out like he was but I’ve always liked him.

That said, he’s always looked a yard or two off the pace and for that reason, I’d write him off and move on.

If we beat West Ham , can see him starting the Bournemouth match.

I agree. Hopefully we can beat WH and rest a lot of players v Bournemouth - Son misses the first leg of the semi so Janssen/Son up top, Lamela, Dier, Davies, KWP, Foyth, Sanchez etc all come in against Bournemouth

I dont get why everyone likes him so much. Sure he puts in the effort but his spacial awareness and positioning is lacking big time. He is only getting game time so he can be sold.

I dont get why everyone likes him so much. Sure he puts in the effort but his spacial awareness and positioning is lacking big time. He is only getting game time so he can be sold.
You really think at a critical stage in a match Poch is going to put a player on just to put him in the shop window? Behave. Mind you,some on here claimed Sissoko was only getting games so he could be sold so you could be right.....

You really think at a critical stage in a match Poch is going to put a player on just to put him in the shop window? Behave. Mind you,some on here claimed Sissoko was only getting games so he could be sold so you could be right.....

Agree. If a manager would do that, he would last less than a year.

Seems like a likable guy, he may be a miserable failure in the end (like Soldado) but it isn't because he doesn't care/try

We don't need to be a dingdong just because someone isn't brilliant for us mate ...

And as @harr1984 no way in that important a game did Poch think about shop windows ...

Back