• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

Still can’t work out why he hasn’t been used more

He really wasn’t poor in the game she played in, just didn’t hit the net as much as maybe was expected

His work rate (something we miss when Kane isn’t there) is great and he is a pain for defenders
Because he simply hasn't shown he is good enough in the PL. Alot of huffing and puffing does not make a premier League quality player. His work rate may be great but his strike rate is not. He needs to improve significantly to be close to a start or even be given a regular role off the bench. When Jansen comes on you don't think "yes" this is someone who is going to change the game. TBf you are not really thinking that with Llorente either but you know with his goal scoring record he might just grab a goal like he has scored crucial goals in the cup games.

It says a lot that Janssen is being kept out by a 34 year old whose legs have gone.

Last edited:
Because he simply hasn't shown he is good enough in the PL. Alot of huffing and puffing does not make a premier League quality player. His work rate may be great but his strike rate is not. He needs to improve significantly to be close to a start or even be given a regular role off the bench. When Jansen comes on you don't think "yes" this is someone who is going to change the game. TBf you are not really thinking that with Llorente either but you know with his goal scoring record he might just grab a goal like he has scored crucial goals in the cup games.

It says a lot that Janssen is being kept out by a 34 year old whose legs have gone.

Maybe it’s about history with players even though Poch has said he doesn’t carry that with him...

Janssen has a scoring record like for like that’s better than Llorentes

He really wasn’t poor in the game she played in, just didn’t hit the net as much as maybe was expected

His work rate (something we miss when Kane isn’t there) is great and he is a pain for defenders
The fact that he's been injured for a long time might be a reason?

Your only looking at spurs stats there aren’t you?

I’m looking at career stats as people say he has been there and done it .. but his effect isn’t as great as people think. I still like him as a sub but he hasn’t scored a goal starting in the league has he?
Of course it's only Spurs stats. It's the only thing remotely comparable between the two. Llorente has over a decade of seasons from various clubs in Spain and Italy, and Janssen has one season in the Dutch league.. .

My thoughts as well, i do not know if his attitude was wrong at times but he is a better player then some think. His hold up play is very good and he works far harder then Llorente.

Luckily he's not registered for the Champions League and the League season is as good as over.
Levy will be happy to take anything in the region of £8m for him

Of course it's only Spurs stats. It's the only thing remotely comparable between the two. Llorente has over a decade of seasons from various clubs in Spain and Italy, and Janssen has one season in the Dutch league.. .
One played for a weak team in Holland and the other played for some great sides apparently

When people talk records surely you would have to consider more variables then such as games started, if they came on, when they came on, opposition etc...
Or you take into account all their games played to date
I’d add that Llorente has played more for a very very good spurs side than Jansenn did for example
But likewise it could be argued Jansenn excelled in a weak league

Llorente 603 games/196 goals
Or for us 32 games and 2 goals in the league

Jansenn 181 games/ 74 goals
29 games and 2 goals in the league

Defamation!

I'll have you know he's also had a season in Turkey where he was almost as toss as he was over here.

Back