• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Canning Town Bingo Club

“I mean, engineering a move to a 60,000-seater stadium, slap in the middle of London, our prime area, helping our community in any number of ways, having the cheapest tickets in the Premier League and doing so at a cost that must turn Spurs chairman Daniel Levy green claret with envy makes me a target for some social media smarties who don’t know a good thing from a kick in the breaches,”

The fans being such a long way away is simply a function of it being designed as an athletics stadium isnt it? Doesn't explain the gradient of the stands mind you

It does, you are looking over a wider area in an athletics stadium. Steep stands are designed for looking at a relatively small area.

The stadium was never designed to host anything other than athletics and wasn't meant to be a permanent structure. The only way that you can have a decent football stadium there is to knock it down and start again.

I bet their poxy little stadium doesn't even have a Zac Efron.

My kids were quite happy to see him there. "What team does he support then" they say and google it - turns out its Arsenal. Then minutes later he is in the stand as a full kit clown shoe :D

The fans being such a long way away is simply a function of it being designed as an athletics stadium isnt it? Doesn't explain the gradient of the stands mind you

Of course, it just blows my mind anyone ever thought it would make a good football stadium.

Levy wanted to tear it down and build something proper - and that really was the right call IMO.

Then West Ham come along and take it as-is, crow about having a new stadium and everytime I see it its just hilariously bad.

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2019/april/17-april/saturday-claret-blue-day

They literally gave the day they unveiled a rug a name and held an opening ceremony for it. I think it's one of the funniest things I've ever heard. :D:D:D

Is there any word on when the new signage goes up?

0_ABM_0129.jpg

It does, you are looking over a wider area in an athletics stadium. Steep stands are designed for looking at a relatively small area.

The stadium was never designed to host anything other than athletics and wasn't meant to be a permanent structure. The only way that you can have a decent football stadium there is to knock it down and start again.

That's not completely correct. The inner structure was meant to be a permanent athletics stadium, but they've had to change that so they can move the stands closer for football. The outer structure was only meant to be temporary and that's what they have kept. In short, they've kept the temporary part and replaced most of the permanent part.

That's not completely correct. The inner structure was meant to be a permanent athletics stadium, but they've had to change that so they can move the stands closer for football. The outer structure was only meant to be temporary and that's what they have kept. In short, they've kept the temporary part and replaced most of the permanent part.

It was the lower tier that was meant to remain, wasn't it?

Yes, the inner concrete bowl was meant to be permanent and the outer steel structure temporary. You couldn't have designed things to have been more backwards.

Here is what the stadium would have looked like as a permanent athletics facility:

1d7afdf174f9870483e57e1225be5405f805d313.jpg

I'm not sure how much of the "permanent" structure remains. Possibly only those two blocks at the ends that remain behind the retractable movable seating.

medium_640_seating.jpg

Back