• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

And he played World Cup AND two international tournaments AND international friendlies.
I don't think the guy has had a break since... The summer of 2017? (Unless of course you count any injuries, but I can't see Son not working as hard as possible to get back to fitness.) The guy is a fudging work horse, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, but it feels like he really, really loves the club. Terrifying to think what would've happened if he didn't win that gold in the Asian games. I love Harry Kane, but honestly, at this point I would say Son's the beating heart of the club.

Son is our best player. Scores in the big matches, can score from anywhere, great with either foot. Can beat his defender for skill and pace. Works harder than most and yet he has enthusiasm and passion which you can’t help but share in. And to think he cost less than the majority of City’s player and yet has been hero in the two ties as we beat them! What a player. Nice one Sonny indeed!

I

So far this season Kane has scored 24 goals to Son's 20, but we know that 5 of Harry's goals were from the penalty spot. So Son is now our leading scorer from open play despite having played the equivalent of five full games fewer than 'H'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/top-scorers

Don't know what his issue is, in all likelihood it probably flicked his arm but that doesn't mean it's not a goal. You can't always get your arms out of the way.
Pretty certain Rio accepted the goal should be allowed to stand. He just couldn't understand how Lineker and Hoddle could fail to see that the ball brushed Llorente's arm first. Have to say I was with him on that.

I

So far this season Kane has scored 24 goals to Son's 20, but we know that 5 of Harry's goals were from the penalty spot. So Son is now our leading scorer from open play despite having played the equivalent of five full games fewer than 'H'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/top-scorers
I've always defended Kane when people suggest we are a better team without him. But seems pretty clear Son thrives more when Kane isnt playing and I'd say is a more naturally talented player than him.....

I've always defended Kane when people suggest we are a better team without him. But seems pretty clear Son thrives more when Kane isnt playing and I'd say is a more naturally talented player than him.....

Son, Lucas, Dele is harder to anticipate and has more pace.

Kane is a brilliant finisher who steps up at big moments as well. The issue is Kane is often guilty of the Keane issue which is he will drop deep if you cut off service which then puts him further from goal (good for opposition), Kane counters that by having a better passing game than Son.

The challenge is we have had so few games when our first choice front line and midfield is fit, it's super hard to say if Son is less effective with Kane since the right question would be is he less effective with Kane but in our best 11?

Son, Lucas, Dele is harder to anticipate and has more pace.

Kane is a brilliant finisher who steps up at big moments as well. The issue is Kane is often guilty of the Keane issue which is he will drop deep if you cut off service which then puts him further from goal (good for opposition), Kane counters that by having a better passing game than Son.

The challenge is we have had so few games when our first choice front line and midfield is fit, it's super hard to say if Son is less effective with Kane since the right question would be is he less effective with Kane but in our best 11?
I dont agree Kane is a brilliant finisher, he misses a shedload of chances (except for penalties). He just doesnt let it phase him and will still put himself back in the box to try and score the next one, he doesnt go hiding. Son is a better finisher for me, one on one through on goal I'd back Son over Kane and from distance Son threatens far more than Kane. Thats not putting a downer on Kane, he is my fave player.....

Back