• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Emirates Marketing Project (part 2/3) ***

Looking at the UEFA rankings, taking a simplistic approach of saying the top 16 will be in the first two pots next year, then if we do finish top 4 we're only just going to scrape into pot 2.

Of the 17 above us, Roma are outside the CL spots in Italy (only by a point though), and now looking less likely that Man U will get CL football - that would put us 16th prior to factoring in (i) the Arse/Chelsea EL/PL permutations and (ii) whether there are league winners who get a seeding despite being lower in the rankings

https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/index.html#/yr/2019

It did look like it brushed his arm, however you then need to get into a debate about:
- whether he was making his body bigger in where he had his arm - similar to the Man U/PSG penalty and the Danny Rose one in the first leg. I'm not really sure where Llorente should have had his arm given it was right next to his body
- whether it was deliberate
- whether it made a difference etc

More broadly, these super slo-mo replays are dangerous for the game. Its slowed rugby down a lot and changed it. I can see football needing to re-evaluate/confirm the rules - is football looking for 'clear and obvious mistakes'? If so, the Llorente goal was right to stand

i wasn't able to watch this game live, i tried to avoid hearing the result but was told we went through while listening to Yank sports radio shows which I listen to while working stateside. A word on that, 20 years ago when I was first exiled here, you would barely hear a reference to anything footie. Now, talk show "jocks" here are interrupting discussing the NBA playoffs to talk about the champions league. Bizarre.
In my 40+ years of watching the beautiful game, I don't think I've seen a game like that, even while watching on DVR, I must have asked myself at least 5x if the yank commentators had got the result wrong, I feared the worst when Sissoko limped off decimating our already decimated midfield. Bare bones indeed.
And those decisions, I've already posted my views on VAR in other threads, the ref wasn't given all the angles for Llorente's goal, yes it was incidental but if it results in a goal, it should be disallowed, it brushed his arm. And Aguero's last minute goal, that shouldn't be offside, we were always told as kids the benefit of doubt goes to the forward. And the happiest man in the world is Eriksen. But isn't it nice for once for us to celebrate being lucky.
We had battlers all over the pitch, tactically it was a mess from both teams. I'm rambling now so I'll stop, semi finals of the european cup, not thinking about the dutch, want to savour this. Oh and i'm a betting man if u didnt know and I guarantee you, we will get thrashed by them on saturday.
You're thinking of next season's rules for llorentes goal.

This season incidental/accidental handball ,and it was that , is allowed . They've been spouting, with the recent penalties, that the arm has to be within the shadow frame of the body and llorentes arm certainly passed that test as well

Habby. Habby for the fan. Habby for the player.

Habby for the mountain of cash he’s sitting on top of too
How dare you:
"I like to see myself as open-minded. That is one of the reasons I wanted to come to China. I wanted to see something different.

"I wanted to have a different experience in life. I heard already there is good food in Guangzhou. I will try this a lot. I think my family will enjoy it as well here.
No mention of money whatsoever

I was thinking the same about the offside decision to rule out Sterling's winner. That doesnt usually happen to Spurs
Like has been said before to win a cup you need luck - Going through from the group late on vs Barca, Lloris saving Augero's penalty(not necessarily luck but fortunate for us nonetheless), last night's VAR decisions going in our favour. Maybe, just maybe.....

Back