• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2018/19

Fair play to Ajax - they look a great team. Hope they enjoy this season as they wont be able to hold the team together. Fingers crossed we pick up a couple of them

We could if we wanted to put the money out there
We have a relationship with them

Gonna be interesting whoever goes through with ticketing out there
Have to assume they will do the wristband and passport job

So if we go through - and that's still a pretty big if - we’ll face Ajax, Barca or Liverpool in the semi. Over two legs I actually think Liverpool will be the team we're less likely to lose against, with them going all in for the PL title and our recent performance at their place in mind.

Ajax looks just like the team we would hate to face, and Barca are just, well, being Barca.

One game at a time of course. Can't wait for tomorrow.
In case no one mentioned we'll play Ajax if we get through.

Last edited:
Is there any chance of Poch persuading Levy to part with £70m for de Ligt? £50m plus add-ons? Effectively Alderweirled + £25m + add-ons
Once de Ligt plays in our new stadium in the semis he'll hand in a transfer request right there and then. It'll be Spurs or I'm quitting football. :D

Ajax were fantastic- couldnt take my eyes off their speed movement and passing. Juve looked old and tired in comparison.

The one flaw I felt was their need to create the perfect goal. A couple of times they should have just put their boot through the ball.

Lovely to see that arrogant long necked prick and Sneezy go out.

Hope we can get a result against City cos I would love to see us up against this Ajax side, they’re awesome.

We could if we wanted to put the money out there
We have a relationship with them
Agreed, can't fail really. Whoever we are able to buy, will provide good service to us and then be worth "a lot" of money to us if we sell i.e. the same or more... but in fact still great value even if they gave us 3 years and were worth a bit less than what we bought them for.

Hopefully this is why Poch turned down some players; he wants to buy the definite article.

What a great reward that would be: a semi-final against Ajax.

Surely we have to be well up for it tomorrow, this is an amazing opportunity for the boys.

Interesting that Barca could potentially play 3 English teams in a row...

Ajax are more dangerous than Juve would have been. The draw just got harder, not easier.

But yeah, what a performance, and what a result by Ajax. If we don't win it, I will try my hardest to pray to what gods may be so they do.

Back