• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

If what he says is true, and this operation will make Kane's ankle(s) stronger in the long term - and the club/Poch agrees - then this is a no brainer for me. Get the surgery.

I'm not sure its that straightforward/without risk. Although I suppose Lamela wasted about 2 years trying to not have surgery.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/kane-may-have-consider-ankle-surgery-leading-surgeon
https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/kane-may-have-consider-ankle-surgery-leading-surgeon
Reads like an advertorial for ankle surgeon.

This bit is the bit I am worried about - unfortunately I've seen it happen to a very promising teenager in a team that I used to manage.

“When you suffer that injury, the ligament doesn’t get as strong, so the slacker and slacker it is going to get, the more frequently it is going to happen."

It's not necessarily that bad.

The first time you do your ligaments they a bad - you need crutches for a few days and it takes 6 weeks to come back. After that they do go more often, but then only take 2 weeks to heal.

But basically most players do them at some point through youth football, so the majority are at stage two through all their careers. So the quote is technically true, but it's also a bit of a 'so what'

Two games too much. It will disrupt his preparations for the next season, IMO.

He'll be looking to be in form for England in June, instead of taking his time to properly rehabilitate and rest before pre season with Spurs.

I think these two recent England games stretched him a little. He cane back not looking as sharp. Just as he was looking stronger this happened.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I think Kane should play smart rather than play hard in our matches. I think Kane has been working too hard in our matches recently, concentrating too much on our midfield and defence, rather than our attack. This could be one of the reason why his shots are not as accurate and powerful as before. Remember, he used to follow shoot-at-first-sight-of-ball policy which he doesn't seems to follow nowadays. Also, Pochettino really should tell Kane to avoid tackles which he is not good at. Almost everytime Kane goes into tackles, he either gets yellow carded or gets himself injured. And it was a needless tackle against Emirates Marketing Project in which he injured himself.

I'm thinking this could put off some potential suitors, which works out well for us.
Bale had a couple of ankle issues iirc, I think due diligence in players injury record only applies to the clubs that couldn’t afford to buy Kane in the first place.

Harry needs to use his loaf and not steam in all the time.

tickle my balls with a feather, i know there are some fans who blame Delph for the latest injury but Kane steamed in when he did not have to and got this result. If he needs a operation for it it should be done now and let him rest over the summer, screw England and if Kane objects then Poch should remind him who pays his wages.

Back