• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The glorious march to CL qualification

It isn't a question of time - it is a question of titles.

We need to pay appropriate money and look like meaningful winners of something. Then players will stay or be attracted.

If the money is different, the players go for the wages. If the money is the same, the players will go for the same money plus silverware. Until we win a couple of pots then players will always be tempted to drift somewhere else. Being CL regulars won't be enough as there will be 5 other CL regulars in the EPL (and plenty of others on the continent).

We need to pay appropriate money and look like meaningful winners of something. Then players will stay or be attracted.

If the money is different, the players go for the wages. If the money is the same, the players will go for the same money plus silverware. Until we win a couple of pots then players will always be tempted to drift somewhere else. Being CL regulars won't be enough as there will be 5 other CL regulars in the EPL (and plenty of others on the continent).

That sums it up well, players want to win trophys and eventually will go where they can do that.
We have already seen Walker go and Rose made a lot of noise about going elsewhere, if you add to that the posiable departure of both Toby and Eriksen and it should be plain to see.

Liverpool havent won a trophy since the 2006 FA cup, hasnt stopped them from being seen as big fish.

Liverpool havent won a trophy since the 2006 FA cup, hasnt stopped them from being seen as big fish.

They have won a damn sight more than us in the last 40 years which is the current media/football fans lifetime and still have the 2nd biggest fan base (I believe) for an English team so they have a much bigger presence/reputation than us. Players still leave them to win things though.

They don't really do transfers like a big-fish though, imo. They still sell their best players to Barca, rather than go and take players from them. They have just been smart, they got players like VVD and Mane from Southampton -- we could have got Mane, but Liverpool pay more.

They have spent big in recent windows, but a lot of that was the Coutinho money re-invested.

They don't really do transfers like a big-fish though, imo. They still sell their best players to Barca, rather than go and take players from them. They have just been smart, they got players like VVD and Mane from Southampton -- we could have got Mane, but Liverpool pay more.

They have spent big in recent windows, but a lot of that was the Coutinho money re-invested.

Everybody sells their players to Barca, its indicative of nothing.

Everybody sells their players to Barca, its indicative of nothing.

True, but look at say, Juventus going after Ronaldo from Real Madrid. Liverpool have a history comparable with all those clubs, a more successful one in Europe than Juventus too, but they aren't shopping for the same players. Ramsey going to Juventus for 400k per week, I'm sure Liverpool would have been interested. But I think the wages is more the determining factor for who ends up where, and we can now (hopefully) close that gap on the likes of Liverpool.

True, but look at say, Juventus going after Ronaldo from Real Madrid. Liverpool have a history comparable with all those clubs, a more successful one in Europe than Juventus too, but they aren't shopping for the same players. Ramsey going to Juventus for 400k per week, I'm sure Liverpool would have been interested. But I think the wages is more the determining factor for who ends up where, and we can now (hopefully) close that gap on the likes of Liverpool.

And Ramsey has the final say in it
Juve sign players out of contract on Big salaries as it’s a comfortable league for them and they only need to focus on the CL games

You won’t get that in the Prem as it’s that much tougher

And Ramsey has the final say in it
Juve sign players out of contract on Big salaries as it’s a comfortable league for them and they only need to focus on the CL games

You won’t get that in the Prem as it’s that much tougher

What I'm saying is, the big fish are the clubs that can/will pay those players £400k per week. Sanchez going to Utd is another example. I don't think Liverpool are in that category, despite having a history as good as any of those clubs. Money talks.

And changing the subject.....I have just put my Huddersfield ticket on Ticket Exchange so if anyone hasn't been to the stadium yet and fancies a trip on Saturday, a ticket in row 5 of the south lower is now available.

What I'm saying is, the big fish are the clubs that can/will pay those players £400k per week. Sanchez going to Utd is another example. I don't think Liverpool are in that category, despite having a history as good as any of those clubs. Money talks.

It would depend if their is a fee involved

Sanchez and Ramsey haven’t cost their clubs any money to buy

And changing the subject.....I have just put my Huddersfield ticket on Ticket Exchange so if anyone hasn't been to the stadium yet and fancies a trip on Saturday, a ticket in row 5 of the south lower is now available.

I am close to giving up and waiting till next season, I keep trying to get tickets.

Now today for some reason I cant even get on the site. I am logged in on the official website and when i go through to tickets section and it is just weird lines with boxes telling me to put in my client number which I have done two thousand times in the last two days.

I am close to giving up and waiting till next season, I keep trying to get tickets.

Now today for some reason I cant even get on the site. I am logged in on the official website and when i go through to tickets section and it is just weird lines with boxes telling me to put in my client number which I have done two thousand times in the last two days.
Have you tried logging in through the new club app?

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ne...-spurs-official-app-is-live-in-the-app-store/

As there’s dozens (maybe hundreds) of tickets available on Exchange for Huddersfield dotted around stadium currently.

5A27A330-9128-4D28-895F-6F690E56AA20.jpeg

The problem you have in this example is the player. Ronaldo was never coming back to the UK, he was off for Serie A semi retirement in the med. I dont think even Utd could have tempted him.

Similarly Ramsey, I actually think if they wanted him Liverpool would have paid the money - they already pay big in wages and without a fee could try and justify it. But they dont need more AMs do they? And Ramsey was set on Juve (and respect to him for going abroad)

I do agree wages are a big factor, of course they are - I think we all agree more so than fees. BUT, players are very mindful of the stage they play as well. We knew it all too well when we were in the EUROPA, we got looked over time and time again with players going to CL teams (who were worse than us!). (first time we qualified we pulled in VDV, wouldnt have happened otherwise...)

My point throughout - and I said it in the first post - is one of perception. Yes, we are closing some of those tangible gaps - but there is still the PR of it. Players (dumb as they are) need to see us as a CL team, a team thats always going to be there, when the come to sign their 4-5 year deal. AS WELL as having a nice wage and bonus etc offered. Not just as a team thats only ever qualified a few times and could fall away at any time. And the only thing that changes that is, IMO, riding our current wave and continuing to consistently qualify. For a few years at least (memories are short, but not THAT short).

Tried that thanks. Lots of links about the ticket exchange but can't actually get into it.
Have you tried contacting them via IT support page?

https://i.tottenhamhotspur.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000163360

Still lots of tickets on Exchange for Huddersfield if you can manage to login by Saturday, or perhaps you can book over the phone.

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/tottenhamhotspur/Common/CustomerNotice/ContactUs

Tel: 0344 844 0102
Fax: 0870 420 5001
Opening times:
Monday Friday: 09.30am - 5.00pm
Weekend match days: Open four hours before kick off
Closed on non match day weekends

The problem you have in this example is the player. Ronaldo was never coming back to the UK, he was off for Serie A semi retirement in the med. I dont think even Utd could have tempted him.

Similarly Ramsey, I actually think if they wanted him Liverpool would have paid the money - they already pay big in wages and without a fee could try and justify it. But they dont need more AMs do they? And Ramsey was set on Juve (and respect to him for going abroad)

I do agree wages are a big factor, of course they are - I think we all agree more so than fees. BUT, players are very mindful of the stage they play as well. We knew it all too well when we were in the EUROPA, we got looked over time and time again with players going to CL teams (who were worse than us!). (first time we qualified we pulled in VDV, wouldnt have happened otherwise...)

My point throughout - and I said it in the first post - is one of perception. Yes, we are closing some of those tangible gaps - but there is still the PR of it. Players (dumb as they are) need to see us as a CL team, a team thats always going to be there, when the come to sign their 4-5 year deal. AS WELL as having a nice wage and bonus etc offered. Not just as a team thats only ever qualified a few times and could fall away at any time. And the only thing that changes that is, IMO, riding our current wave and continuing to consistently qualify. For a few years at least (memories are short, but not THAT short).

That's all fair enough, I was only really saying that I don't think Liverpool are in the market for the same players as the truly big fish, even though they are a prestigious club with a history comparable to any of them. And the only reason for that is money imo.

That's all fair enough, I was only really saying that I don't think Liverpool are in the market for the same players as the truly big fish, even though they are a prestigious club with a history comparable to any of them. And the only reason for that is money imo.

It is of course a scale, not a binary thing.

We arent at the top of that, neither are Liverpool.

Liverpool do, however, enjoy a larger reputation than we do as an established CL club.

Despite their record of qualification being rather patchy in recent years, and despite them finishing below us more often than not.

Its that perception thing Im talking about.

It is of course a scale, not a binary thing.

We arent at the top of that, neither are Liverpool.

Liverpool do, however, enjoy a larger reputation than we do as an established CL club.

Despite their record of qualification being rather patchy in recent years, and despite them finishing below us more often than not.

Its that perception thing Im talking about.
Well that and trading on the fact that they’ve lifted the trophy 5 times... still traumatised that Chavski fluked that win in Munich in 2012 but maybe, just maybe, we can become the 2nd London club to be champions of Europe which would do our global chachet the world of good.

Back