• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Reports that Gazza tweaked his achilles tendon warming up and Hazard left wearing a protective boot with fears he may have snapped his.

“It looks like I'll need surgery next week and be laid up for a while, but it was worth it just to be out there with those lads. This is a magnificent stadium and it will give Spurs the springboard to go on and win trophies.”

It fits with what I saw being said on Twitter after the first event. It's just a crowd management thing - as familiarity increases with the ground as a whole, people will congregate in different spots. But they need to be proactively directed around during the first few months.

That's the thing, people are drawn to Market Place, as its the heart of the concourse, but you could easily meet pals at another bar and skip it. The other thing is the whole middle of the East and West reception areas are not finished and not open, so there will be more people in less space for the games this season.

Last edited:
D27iRdpWsAEg3pv.jpg:large

This view will become iconic imo. The single tier, that curve at the top, the golden badger, it's just beautiful, especially with that lighting.

Hope we see many memorable nights with that view in the background.

That's the thing, people are drawn to Market Place, as its the heart of the concourse, but you could easily meet pals at another bar and skip it. The other thing is the whole middle of the East and West reception areas are not finished and not open, so there will be more people in less space for the games this season.
Everybody wants to meet and be in the Marketplace, once everybody gets their bearings and used to the layouts it will calm down a bit

That was a lot of fun. Great to see the new stadium in action, even if it was just a test event and on tv. So many great old players on show, so many touching moments. Seeing Gazza out there... Wow.

Some brilliant goals too.

Fun is exactly the word I was going to use. And very funny as well at times. Loved seeing the former players out there obviously loving being there. The sight of a rather rotund Nayim jogging around and everyone shouting "shoooooot" whenever the ball found its way to him will stay in my memory for a good while. As will the reception for Gazza - it was just fantastic to see him back at the Lane. He clearly injured himself in the warm up but still managed to get on. The frisson of excitement when we won a free kick outside the box was palpable - as if he was going to score, lol!
Ginola looked like a distinguished older gentleman with his mane of silver hair. Van der vaart looked rather portly, as did a few others. Fair play to Micky Hazard. Oldest player there by some stretch I'd have thought. And Keano's celebration!
Howells, Bassong, Perry and Carr played the full 90 I think - though I think they play Legends games from time to time anyway so are probably a bit closer to fitness.
I loved seeing sicknote out there as well, one of my favourite players of that era.

Shame it ended in a loss but tbh even if Inter wanted us to at least finish level it didn't look like there was any way we'd have been able to manage that. Dead on their feet.

It was a lovely way to christen the new stadium.

The stadium inside looks brilliantly compact in daylight but quite stunningly so at night.

We also got another flavour of just how intimidating the wall of sound can be - and that was for a mere exhibition match. Once the stadium is full and rocking the atmosphere is surely going to be mind-blowing.

Watch out City because CL nights could be something this planet has never known!

The stadium inside looks brilliantly compact in daylight but quite stunningly so at night.

We also got another flavour of just how intimidating the wall of sound can be - and that was for a mere exhibition match. Once the stadium is full and rocking the atmosphere is surely going to be mind-blowing.

Watch out City because CL nights could be something this planet has never known!

It's up to us to create the atmosphere now, levy has played his hand.

We could make it mythical lie like the so called nights at anfield haha but actually make it a reality

Great to see all the former players in action against Inter legends. But couldn't recognize most of them as they looked old. Thought we played well but too bad we lost. Also, didn't like Berbatov included in our team. Still can't forgive Berbatov for the way he left us to join ManU. Wish we had taken other former players instead.

I fully expected inter to let us at least draw and the ref to give a soft pen to let a pre selected legend score.

Highlights for me:

Carr - showed a great engine to play the 90 and great cross for Berba’s goal. Gives us genuine competition for the right back berth as he’s a free agent.

Micky Hazard - shame about the injury at the end as he was running the game and it’s a joy to see he can still show players 10 years younger a thing or two! It’s why I think Modric could be a top player for a few more years as some players just seen everyone else moving on slow motion so they can already be moving before faster opponents can get to them.

Gazza - it was a shame to see him struggling but I hope the reception he got and being involved has given him a real boost. Would be great if he is well enough to come back regularly to keep him involved and whip the crowd up.

Keane - ok I still haven’t quite forgiven him for the Liverpool move, maybe because I’d invested so much in him over the years but the chip and celebration did give me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Berba - still got it, was a shame that he couldn’t have been on in the first half as he has to do most of it on his own in the second!

Klinsmann - still glided over the pitch like he always did a joy to watch

Was really good fun all round, I was hoping King, Waddle and Sheringham would have made an appearance but all the contributors gave a worthy reminder of many of the good (and some bad!) times at WHL

I fully expected inter to let us at least draw and the ref to give a soft pen to let a pre selected legend score.

Highlights for me:

Carr - showed a great engine to play the 90 and great cross for Berba’s goal. Gives us genuine competition for the right back berth as he’s a free agent.

Micky Hazard - shame about the injury at the end as he was running the game and it’s a joy to see he can still show players 10 years younger a thing or two! It’s why I think Modric could be a top player for a few more years as some players just seen everyone else moving on slow motion so they can already be moving before faster opponents can get to them.

Gazza - it was a shame to see him struggling but I hope the reception he got and being involved has given him a real boost. Would be great if he is well enough to come back regularly to keep him involved and whip the crowd up.

Keane - ok I still haven’t quite forgiven him for the Liverpool move, maybe because I’d invested so much in him over the years but the chip and celebration did give me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Berba - still got it, was a shame that he couldn’t have been on in the first half as he has to do most of it on his own in the second!

Klinsmann - still glided over the pitch like he always did a joy to watch

Was really good fun all round, I was hoping King, Waddle and Sheringham would have made an appearance but all the contributors gave a worthy reminder of many of the good (and some bad!) times at WHL

Waddle and king for sure ... sheringham no thanks

Back