• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

For fudge sake what's all this yes, no answer brick about? They couldn't tell there would likely be an empase?

If there is 8 options mark them 1 to 8.
1 being most preferred 8 being least prefered.

Job done.

I think the withdrawal agreement will end up going through with no political declaration - i.e. kick everything down the road a bit further

For fudge sake what's all this yes, no answer brick about? They couldn't tell there would likely be an empase?

Job done.

May's deal and an FTA weren't in there though. Parliament has always worked on a majority principle too

I do kind of a niche thing, a lot of my peers are in America, they are laughing at our politics, we are making the trump kakistocrcy look kakiscompetent.

It's all a complete waste of time each day less purposeful than the day before.Ive come round to the idea of a second referendum with the options of May's deal no deal revoking article 50 and any other deal that would be accepted by the EU.Whichever gets most votes that's it.Its was taken out of the government's hands ,it fared no better in parliaments hands so take it to the public.i would also say if any one option doesn't get 51% of the vote then we stay as we are.

Job done.

We always knew it would go like this. It had been plain for a long time that there was no majority for any one option in the Commons. When Oliver Letwin was arguing for his system on Monday, before MPs voted to support it, he made it clear that it would be a multi-stage process.

https://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/20...s-a-people-s-vote-just-became-much-more-likel

I find it unbelievable that literally 2 days before the original leave date, parliament is finally debating and voting on different types of leave (albeit it to no avail). This is what should have been happening for the past 2 years, not the final 2 days (now extended).
We are truly seeing the level of incompetence in our parliamentarians but it’s more serious than that. In any other walk of life it would be gross negligence. This is regardless of whether one is a Leaver or a Remainer.

I find it unbelievable that literally 2 days before the original leave date, parliament is finally debating and voting on different types of leave (albeit it to no avail). This is what should have been happening for the past 2 years, not the final 2 days (now extended).
We are truly seeing the level of incompetence in our parliamentarians but it’s more serious than that. In any other walk of life it would be gross negligence. This is regardless of whether one is a Leaver or a Remainer.

You have to realise it’s a perfect storm situation!
Labour led by and run by political hobbiest, totally useless.
Conservatives who are riddled with right wing barn pots!

Last edited:
Please may I ask a question. I’ve forgotten how the conversation about a possible Brexit started (pre-vote and Cameron calling a referendum).

Can someone please give a non-biased account as I’m trying to explain it to an overseas friend and it was so long ago....

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Please may I ask a question. I’ve forgotten how the conversation about a possible Brexit started (pre-vote and Cameron calling a referendum).

Can someone please give a non-biased account as I’m trying to explain it to an overseas friend and it was so long ago....

Read up on the long running schism between the Tory party and Europe.
Then explain/read about the ERG pressure group within the Conservatives.

We always knew it would go like this. It had been plain for a long time that there was no majority for any one option in the Commons. When Oliver Letwin was arguing for his system on Monday, before MPs voted to support it, he made it clear that it would be a multi-stage process.

https://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/20...s-a-people-s-vote-just-became-much-more-likel

Ok and that's fair. But the reaction to it, has been awful... Mainly (as the article points out) due to ignorance.

That could have been avoided by putting a in a preference system (1-8). We could still have a vote on Monday with the top two going head to head, and avoided the opportunity of the Right wing nutters to finish the first stage

Not that i take much interest these days but IIRC .....UKip (as a separate party) were on the rise,....along comes the GE.... old Dave thought 'oh blimey, they could be taking/splitting the conservative vote'...'i dont want to lose power' (ie my job)...'i'll give you a referendum if you vote conservative ' ie keep us in power and me in a job, until i disappear when the vote goes wrong.

Ok and that's fair. But the reaction to it, has been awful... Mainly (as the article points out) due to ignorance.

That could have been avoided by putting a in a preference system (1-8). We could still have a vote on Monday with the top two going head to head, and avoided the opportunity of the Right wing nutters to finish the first stage

Im not a fan of the "least worst" voting, as opposed to "I actually want this..." - which this appears to be shaping up as.

Last night was actually comical, IMO.

Not that i take much interest these days but IIRC .....UKip (as a separate party) were on the rise,....along comes the GE.... old Dave thought 'oh blimey, they could be taking/splitting the conservative vote'...'i dont want to lose power' (ie my job)...'i'll give you a referendum if you vote conservative ' ie keep us in power and me in a job, until i disappear when the vote goes wrong.

There was a big slice of "my party has a growing anti EU element and I need to keep them onside or Ill lose the leadership, a referendum will appease them"

A promise made in the absolute confidence that it would have course result in a remain vote and silence that arm of the party.

Instead he set up May for all the trouble she has now and then bolted.

Back