• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I’ve heard loads of stories like that and looking back, it’s disgusting.
Girls who were great players as kids, having to stop playing once they had to be separated from the boys, but had no girls teams to go to if they weren’t in a city.
It’s even more farcical as the old football man logic that the girls can’t handle the physicality is actually nonsense.
Firstly, at school age they certainly can if they are good enough. Secondly, the game has become far more technical now with the invention of small competent midfielders rather than big hairy cloggers.

Didnt Harry Redknapps team of unfit middle-aged has-beens give the Crystal Palace ladies first team the run around on that tv show that was on recently?

Nothing against the womens sport but let's not kid ourselves that its anywhere near the level of the mens game or that the players could compete on an even playing field with there male peers.

Last edited:
Girls who were great players as kids, having to stop playing once they had to be separated from the boys, but had no girls teams to go to if they weren’t in a city.
It’s even more farcical as the old football man logic that the girls can’t handle the physicality is actually nonsense.
Firstly, at school age they certainly can if they are good enough. Secondly, the game has become far more technical now with the invention of small competent midfielders rather than big hairy cloggers.
The point you make that the game is progressing technically is very true but there is a safety concern. At about 13-14 years old it is getting quite physical. Young boys these days are on average 3 inches taller than their dads at the same age. Diet mostly I suspect. Yes, there is always room for the smaller, skilful players but power and pace still is a massive weapon that can make up for technical deficiencies. Some of these 'boys' are effectively fully grown men at 14 years old. The girl on my team was no shrinking violet but in her last year I could see she was struggling to match the boys physically as she had done in previous years. The leagues are being scrapped up to a certain age where I am, to try and promote skill over power (otherwise known as win at all costs), but it will take a few years for that the shake through the system ( and a lot of the coaches).

One other reason that they separate them is that they are entering into puberty and..well you know the rest (I hope).

Last edited:
Didnt Harry Redknapps team of unfit middle-aged has beens give the Crystal Palace ladies first team the run around on that tv show that was on recently?

Nothing against the womens sport but let's not kid ourselves that its anywhere near the level of the mens game.
Didn’t watch it. But regardless, I was talking about young kids and the opportunities being denied to kids with real talent, based purely on the fact they lacked a small pair of under developed swingers.
I wasn’t ‘kidding myself’ that the levels of both professional games are yet the same.

One other reason that they separate them is that they are entering into puberty and..well you know the rest (I hope).
It would be good if you could explain? ;-)

Absolutely no issue with separating them when they are unable to compete (ie not in the team on merit anymore).

I just think it’s crazy and a disgrace so many had to stop playing completely, long before that point was even reached.

Didn’t watch it. But regardless, I was talking about young kids and the opportunities being denied to kids with real talent, based purely on the fact they lacked a small pair of under developed swingers.
I wasn’t ‘kidding myself’ that the levels of both professional games are yet the same.

Your post reads to me that it's a mistake to seperate girls from boys as the game is more technical nowadays, with the implication being that girls can match up to boys in that department, if I've read you wrong then im not sure what point you were making otherwise?

It would be good if you could explain? ;-)

Absolutely no issue with separating them when they are unable to compete (ie not in the team on merit anymore).

I just think it’s crazy and a disgrace so many had to stop playing completely, long before that point was even reached.
Agree with that last bit. This girl was there on footballing ability and even won the league (wahay) though we did have to get permission to keep her in the team from the powers that be.

On the other thing. First, a bee comes along and sees a bird. He unsuccessfully tries to sting the bird, probably multiple times , but she manages to avoid him and eventually tells him to buzz off. He then drinks too much nectar and falls asleep in the corner. Got it?

Your post reads to me that it's a mistake to seperate girls from boys as the game is more technical nowadays, with the implication being that girls can match up to boys in that department, if I've read you wrong then im not sure what point you were making otherwise?

I was agreeing with @K.D.D.D.D.Soc that it’s awful that young girls weren’t allowed to play football basically.

Didnt Harry Redknapps team of unfit middle-aged has-beens give the Crystal Palace ladies first team the run around on that tv show that was on recently

Just googled it out of interest. It says the team of ex England internationals beat Palace ladies 1-0 from an off side Merson goal. :D

Not sure how many of the Palace ladies are international level though.

My gooner mate has a membership at club Wembley.

Only now have I started asking him if he can get me tickets to 'the next Spurs game'

Says he'll do his best :D

But the first time a girls leg gets broken in a tackle by a boy, it's on the front page of every newspaper. As an adult male, you are already nervous playing against 16 and 17 year olds coming through into men's team. Mixed sex contact sport really isn't a good idea

But the first time a girls leg gets broken in a tackle by a boy, it's on the front page of every newspaper. As an adult male, you are already nervous playing against 16 and 17 year olds coming through into men's team. Mixed sex contact sport really isn't a good idea
What happened to you if you’re good enough you’re big enough!

Anyway, I was talking about kids age, not ‘upper teens and men’s teams’.

I used to take the junior schools classes for games years ago. Even back then there were girls who were far better than 80% of the boys. Some of the boys were so frail and not into it that they were in more danger of the oft used broken leg analogy occurring, be it from another boy or one of the girls.

It’s hilarious that as ‘men’ we have to tell potential talented girls that they can’t play as we deem it’s too dangerous for them. Their call, not ours.

The second point therefore was, if it is indeed agreed it’s not a good idea to play mixed even at a young age - then why the bloody hell don’t we let girls have their own teams!!! Blatantly sexist.

Back