• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Can someone who went today please clear sumit up for me, I know the stadium is cashless, but the email i got only seems to talk about contact less payments. Is it just contact less, or can you pay with chip n Pin method (as i don't have a contact less card, or a phone to use phone payments, kinda hoping C&P is acceptable, otherwise I'll have to blag other 1/2's card before next week, as hers is contact less!
you can pay with chip and pin for any amount.

What were the Q’s like for food and drink?

I’d say it varied. The counters selling the more standard fare such as burgers (very nice indeed btw), pies etc seemed to have shorter queues (but then they are more numerous). The chicken place, pizza place, noodle place looked very busy with lots of people queuing. What I didn’t notice was how quickly the queues moved, which is they key thing really.

What were the Q’s like for food and drink?

With 30k and more or less everyone wanting to sample the wares, it was excellent. The key might be not buying from Market Place when its busy, instead go up or around. There are some tucked away bars that are not far and you get served instantly. With the tap payment and loads of staff it was great. Food is cooked before there are orders, which is fine when busy. Top tip at slower times go to Market Place and it will be fresh rather than sitting under heat lamps.

I’d say it varied. The counters selling the more standard fare such as burgers (very nice indeed btw), pies etc seemed to have shorter queues (but then they are more numerous). The chicken place, pizza place, noodle place looked very busy with lots of people queuing. What I didn’t notice was how quickly the queues moved, which is they key thing really.

The staff are still learning
One burger place had no gas to cook burgers
The fish and chip place had one or the other cooked (fish was really nice)
Two turnstiles didn’t work and they didn’t want any to tell anyone and instead let everyone queue outside which was heaving quickly... when I got on I told them how they fudged that up and how a little communication would have worked ... they apologised

If you accept that is an all round learning curve it’s fine and the tickets were cheap don’t forget

It’s an amazing stadium

More like an airport experience rather than a sporting one

Two turnstiles didn’t work and they didn’t want any to tell anyone and instead let everyone queue outside which was heaving quickly... when I got on I told them how they fudged that up and how a little communication would have worked ... they apologised

If you accept that is an all round learning curve it’s fine and the tickets were cheap don’t forget

It’s an amazing stadium

But 1OO% safe!! ;)

I had a bit of wait as they reset the entry gates too. To be expected I guess. Once in, it was plane sailing. So nice have fresh decent beer on tap.

It’s an amazing stadium

It certainly wasn’t a criticism, just an observation based on the question I was answering.

I agree there are bound to be some teething issues.
I didn’t experience anything too worriesome. The outlet from which I was buying food and drink had to stop serving food as, according to staff, the fire alarms in its kitchen area had gone off (I assume they meant smoke alarms), the shutter had gone down and no more food was coming out. No doubt there will be checks as to what set off the alarms but at least it seemed that the systems worked.

There seemed to be a lack of bins in the North concourse, with staff running around with rubbish bags.

Oh - and the performer in the Shelf bar area was singing Don’t Look Back in Anger, which I thought was a bit too Emirates Marketing Project.

Good to see us ready to move in to our new stadium. The Wembley curse has really stalled our progress since we left WHL. Hope the new stadium will help us progress and win trophies.

But just wondering, is there any reason why the capacity of the new stadium is put at 62,062, just 2,000 more than Arsenal stadium ? Is it due to cost involved or we can only fill around 62,062 fans in the stadium ? Being the newest stadium in the world, would have loved to have the capacity of around 80,000, more than ManU's 74,000 and closer to Wembley's 90,000 capacity. Other clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea, ManCity and Liverpool can easily expand their stadium and overtake our capacity in the near future.

Good to see us ready to move in to our new stadium. The Wembley curse has really stalled our progress since we left WHL. Hope the new stadium will help us progress and win trophies.

But just wondering, is there any reason why the capacity of the new stadium is put at 62,062, just 2,000 more than Arsenal stadium ? Is it due to cost involved or we can only fill around 62,062 fans in the stadium ? Being the newest stadium in the world, would have loved to have the capacity of around 80,000, more than ManU's 74,000 and closer to Wembley's 90,000 capacity. Other clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea, ManCity and Liverpool can easily expand their stadium and overtake our capacity in the near future.

It has? Our progress has been upward, even playing at Wembley. The notion of a curse is utter nonsense, much like the rest of your post.

Back