• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

I was at the game last night courtesy of my companies club wembley seats

Thoroughly enjoyed that, Sancho was poor for me, some of he other football was brilliant

Southgate and Solskjaer are quite similar. Sort of fell into the job and might just be onto something that could be the making of them.

I know people have always said that Solskjaer has a punchable face but I like him and Southgate mainly because they both come across as decent and at the other end of the spectrum to Mourinho.

I was at the game last night courtesy of my companies club wembley seats

Thoroughly enjoyed that, Sancho was poor for me, some of he other football was brilliant

I agree he wasnt brilliant, but it's good to see young talent given a chance and the outing will do him good, he's a victim of the over hype the media build up on young players. I've watched Rice in the televised games and last night he looked a pale shadow from what I've seen but he looks to have a future.

Reading the stupid postings on here about our players not playing for England just makes me think our so called fans are getting more like the pathetic United fans. It's a great honour for the players and the club, but the tribal nature of football fans is gradually dragging them back to their neanderthal origins.

Given the changes and inexperienced players out there I thought it was a good performance which should be worthy of praise.
I was financially and emotionally rinsed by England back in the 90s and 00s to the point that I divorced them the day McClaren arrived. I'd then watch tournament s because I like football but didn't bat an eyelid if England lost.

I have never divorced Tottenham (and never will) and always want what is best for us. If that means I'm not really interested in our players playing internationals, because it may hinder us in some way, then so be it. Sorry if that's ''stupid'.

FWIW that's the first England game I've watched, outside of tournaments, for a long time (nasty sore throat...laid up on sofa..didn't even realise it was on tbh), as I said above I like Southgate and his approach and that team is light years ahead in terms of watchability (?) than the dross from yesteryear.

Playing for England last night certainly worked out well for Dier. :rolleyes:

What if he's now out for the season, leaving us short in central midfield again? The consequence could be no top four, no CL and less income to spend on reinforcements.

That's why I want our players as far away from international football as possible. Call me cynical, but it's all Spurs for me - I don’t give a brick about any other team, I just want what's best for my club. Injuries and fatigue because of International duty, certainly isn't.

Dier would have broken down whoever he played for.
Dier playing for his country is his decision and shock horror he actually might be proud?
Everybody on here wants success for Spurs, but I think we must respect the player's wishes.

Dier playing for his country is his decision and shock horror he actually might be proud?
Everybody on here wants success for Spurs, but I think we must respect the player's wishes.

Two weeks rest and chances are he wouldn't have broken down.
He's had almost zero game time and came back from two illnesses, with options England have he should not have been playing. As club we should not be allowing him to join the squad.
We need to get smarter, our competitors, who all bigger squads and much deeper pockets, are all withdrawing players from the squad, so should we.

Two weeks rest and chances are he wouldn't have broken down.
He's had almost zero game time and came back from two illnesses, with options England have he should not have been playing. As club we should not be allowing him to join the squad.
We need to get smarter, our competitors, who all bigger squads and much deeper pockets, are all withdrawing players from the squad, so should we.

Spoken like a true Scot :cool:

Poch and the guys would have called this a couple of weeks ago. He played for us two weeks ago, so I don't agree. He got injured, brick happens!

Reading the stupid postings on here about our players not playing for England just makes me think our so called fans are getting more like the pathetic United fans. It's a great honour for the players and the club, but the tribal nature of football fans is gradually dragging them back to their neanderthal origins.

Given the changes and inexperienced players out there I thought it was a good performance which should be worthy of praise.

We currently have an injury issue in the CM area with 3 massive league games coming up and 2 CL games coming up.

Dier has hardly played since the turn of the year.

It’s not about being pathetic, it’s about being a sensible football club.

I was financially and emotionally rinsed by England back in the 90s and 00s to the point that I divorced them the day McClaren arrived. I'd then watch tournament s because I like football but didn't bat an eyelid if England lost.

I have never divorced Tottenham (and never will) and always want what is best for us. If that means I'm not really interested in our players playing internationals, because it may hinder us in some way, then so be it. Sorry if that's ''stupid'.

FWIW that's the first England game I've watched, outside of tournaments, for a long time (nasty sore throat...laid up on sofa..didn't even realise it was on tbh), as I said above I like Southgate and his approach and that team is light years ahead in terms of watchability (?) than the dross from yesteryear.

Wait, we can divorce Spurs?

Tell me more...

Spoken like a true Scot :cool:

Poch and the guys would have called this a couple of weeks ago. He played for us two weeks ago, so I don't agree. He got injured, brick happens!

Nothing to do with being a Scot thank you very much. You've complained often enough about poch hurrying Kane back when's not fit. What's the difference?

And if England are really that poorly off that dier has to play regardless of fitness then they are in big trouble.

At the world cup most of the spurs players were picked to play in a meaningless play off game when other teams key players were all rested.

The club need to look after itself.

Nothing to do with being a Scot thank you very much. You've complained often enough about poch hurrying Kane back when's not fit. What's the difference?

And if England are really that poorly off that dier has to play regardless of fitness then they are in big trouble.

At the world cup most of the spurs players were picked to play in a meaningless play off game when other teams key players were all rested.

The club need to look after itself.

Lol
It’s down to the player/club what games he plays in. If Pochettino thinks he fit then ‘he’s fit’.
He probably needed some time on the field and last night was a good easy run out. Injuries happen.
All anti international football wibbling is a little sad imo.

We currently have an injury issue in the CM area with 3 massive league games coming up and 2 CL games coming up.

Dier has hardly played since the turn of the year.

It’s not about being pathetic, it’s about being a sensible football club.

No thats about self interest, players can get injured in a thousand ways and its something that comes with playing sport, Alan Mullery missed out on the European Championship Finals due to a back injury shaving so perhaps we should either employ a barber to shave our players or make them grow beards.

I think its a stupid position because I wonder how would the club attract world class players if they had a reputation for pulling players from their national teams, most foreigners have a greater sense of national pride and want to play for their country. The attitude to the England team in this country is terrible with fans being tribal about selection and gutter media looking for negatives, in any other country Harry Kane would be a national hero yet here he has little appreciation from fans of other clubs.

Last edited:
I think its a stupid position because I wonder how would the club attract world class players if they had a reputation for pulling players from their national teams, most foreigners have a greater sense of national pride and want to play for their country. The attitude to the England team in this country is terrible with fans being tribal about selection and gutter media looking for negatives, in most other country Harry Kane would be a national hero yet here he has little appreciation from fans of other clubs.

Stop thinking! That’s your first mistake. We are talking ‘football fans’ here, nuff said;)

I think its a stupid position because I wonder how would the club attract world class players if they had a reputation for pulling players from their national teams, most foreigners have a greater sense of national pride and want to play for their country. The attitude to the England team in this country is terrible with fans being tribal about selection and gutter media looking for negatives, in any other country Harry Kane would be a national hero yet here he has little appreciation from fans of other clubs.

Never seemed to harm Fergie/Utd that much ( if at all).

Lol
It’s down to the player/club what games he plays in. If Pochettino thinks he fit then ‘he’s fit’.
He probably needed some time on the field and last night was a good easy run out. Injuries happen.
All anti international football wibbling is a little sad imo.

Lol?
WTF are you on about, who is anti international football, or the England national team for that matter.
I respectively suggest you read people's posts oroperly and don't jump to conclusions or pigeon hole people to suit your agenda.

He's an asset that belongs to the club, we don't have to respect brick.

I'm fairly sure all of our players have clauses in their contracts that stop them from going skiing or racing cars in their spare time - playing pointless matches for a pointless team is at least as dangerous to their fitness.

Lol?
WTF are you on about, who is anti international football, or the England national team for that matter.
I respectively suggest you read people's posts oroperly and don't jump to conclusions or pigeon hole people to suit your agenda.

Um ...

Subbed after half an hour in the game between Ivory Coast and Rwanda that is being played right now. :mad:

Dier yesterday and today Aurier; I f*****g hate internationals.
:D

Back