• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

saracensevent.jpg

if you zoom in enough you can just about make out the far side of the london stadium and it does indeed look like a sell out
I love how incredibly shallow the stands are here. Perfectly designed to ensure any accidental atmosphere is allowed to escape immediately and not to bother anyone else.

Must be fun knowing your 60,000 seater home stadium can be out sung by a 50% occupied Henman Hill....

Am I right in saying Palace fans are the worst for stadium vandalism? Don't they leave stickers/graffiti everywhere as well? Bet they can't wait.

It’s 2 games a year? No big deal, I’m sure the fixtures would be scheduled accordingly.

The FA and Sky doesn't give a flying fudge about scheduling games, as long as they maximise the profits. We'll probably end up with eggball, rugby and Spurs scheduled to play at the same day.

To be fair it will be for the long term gain, annoying though.

I would like to agree with that proposition, but experience shows us maintenace work in the public services is shoody and pared back, years of putting sticking plasters on major wound results our infrastructure in decline.

The FA and Sky doesn't give a flying fudge about scheduling games, as long as they maximise the profits. We'll probably end up with eggball, rugby and Spurs scheduled to play at the same day.

I mean... You do realise nobody is forcing us to host these other games right? :D

The FA and Sky can be blamed for a lot but I don't think any issues that may arise from us deciding to host both rugby and American Football games at our new football stadium can really be put on them. They're not really under any kind of obligation to make things easy for us (though in fact, the FA seems to hsve bent the rules for us this season to allow us to play at 2 stadia and also worked with us Brighton and CP to ensure we could get into the stadium so I don't have much to complain about tbh.

Still a lot of seats left for the test event this weekend. Partly the clubs fault for quite a few silly errors in the ticketing process. But I do hope that they didn't only put 35k up on the site cos if that's the case, we have about 2 days to get to that number. ..

Very very excited to see the pictures from the weekend and to get into my first match there this season too!

Can't see it being a very lucrative deal with rugby not having a huge amount of money in it but I guess it's all about exposure isn't it.

I think individually the events may not be worth that much (though it's still 60k buying tickets, food, drinks, of which we will of course get a cut) but they will add up and I guess the whole point of the stadium is that it's supposed to be multi purpose and usable often.

Even if we were to somehow win the quadruple at some point whenever, we're using the stadium how many times? 30? In a season. Not that many in the grand scheme of things. Couple of rugby games, couple of American football, couple of concerts, that's already an extra 300k+ more people through the doors per year just for 5 events and hopefully all using the artifical pitch so leaving our surface still pristine for the actual business of playing football!

I mean... You do realise nobody is forcing us to host these other games right? :D

The FA and Sky can be blamed for a lot but I don't think any issues that may arise from us deciding to host both rugby and American Football games at our new football stadium can really be put on them. They're not really under any kind of obligation to make things easy for us (though in fact, the FA seems to hsve bent the rules for us this season to allow us to play at 2 stadia and also worked with us Brighton and CP to ensure we could get into the stadium so I don't have much to complain about tbh.

Still a lot of seats left for the test event this weekend. Partly the clubs fault for quite a few silly errors in the ticketing process. But I do hope that they didn't only put 35k up on the site cos if that's the case, we have about 2 days to get to that number. ..

Very very excited to see the pictures from the weekend and to get into my first match there this season too!

I blame Sky and the FA for everything that goes wrong in the world! :D

I'm sure if you investigate enough, you'll find they're responsible for this too. ;)

Back