• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

I believe he is by far our best and most influential player and it is no coincidence that our form has dipped along with his displays, I cannot see him staying with us, particularly if we fail to qualify for CL and it might be the right time to cash in on him and use the money to rebuild. I would be more sorry to see him leave than I was when Bale left us.

I believe he is by far our best and most influential player and it is no coincidence that our form has dipped along with his displays, I cannot see him staying with us, particularly if we fail to qualify for CL and it might be the right time to cash in on him and use the money to rebuild. I would be more sorry to see him leave than I was when Bale left us.

Have to agree with all that, as i have said before when he plays well the team does and when he has off days so does our team. Still not convinced he will leave though.

Have to agree with all that, as i have said before when he plays well the team does and when he has off days so does our team. Still not convinced he will leave though.

I guess recently he has been having too many off days which is not a good thing

when he is off form we struggle to create GHod knows how we will replace him replacing him Toby and Dembele going to be soo difficult for us in the summer

I'm personally not convinced Eriksen is good enough for Juve.

He can be brilliant, but even when he is, I still think that's his ceiling. He is never truly exceptional in my opinion. I don't believe he controls the game throughout the 90.

Yes, he can produce a moment of quality with a cutting pass or a strike here and there, granted. But it's far too sporadic. His set pieces are pretty poor and have been for some time, he doesn't get stuck in anywhere near enough, and producing one or two good passes when he bothers to turn up may be good for some, but I find it more frustrating that he doesn't do it consistently. Far too many off-periods every season for me.

Some say when he plays well the team play well. For me, it's the opposite - When those around him are firing (Dele, Harry, Son), he joins in and looks the part. When they're having an off day or injured, I don't see Eriksen stepping up to take charge.

I'm personally not convinced Eriksen is good enough for Juve.

He can be brilliant, but even when he is, I still think that's his ceiling. He is never truly exceptional in my opinion. I don't believe he controls the game throughout the 90.

Yes, he can produce a moment of quality with a cutting pass or a strike here and there, granted. But it's far too sporadic. His set pieces are pretty poor and have been for some time, he doesn't get stuck in anywhere near enough, and producing one or two good passes when he bothers to turn up may be good for some, but I find it more frustrating that he doesn't do it consistently. Far too many off-periods every season for me.

Some say when he plays well the team play well. For me, it's the opposite - When those around him are firing (Dele, Harry, Son), he joins in and looks the part. When they're having an off day or injured, I don't see Eriksen stepping up to take charge.

Juventus play in a one horse league and rely on some moments of brilliance in the CL

He is more than good enough for them IMO

Liverpool look better without Coutinho (granted they spent £150m on their defence) who was their most creative player. Poch will have to try to find new tactics and spend money wisely (presuming he gets any to spend at all).

Yet missing him will be IMO why rhey won’t win the league

They do not have a creative player in the middle and I believe that’s where teams exploit them

The kick and run football is great when you have enough weighing in with craft and goals but there over reliant on the front 3 for that

Agreed. And if he’s out best player he should be turning up every week. He doesn’t and so he isn’t. Kane is much more consistent at his job, as are Vertonghen and Alderweireld. Every season Eriksen has had fallow months.
Ohh fudge off! Every player has dips and peaks in form. Messi and Ronaldo aren't sensational in every game!

Last edited:
Ohh fudge off! Every player has dips and peaks in form. Messi and Ronaldo aren't sensational in every game!

Messi and Ronaldo don't have months off from goal scoring, Kane might have had one or two (months, no longer but they don't stand out clearly). Eriksen has had dips every season, for a couple of months usually, the other players cover for him. Alli or Son will be in great form or whatever. I still think Eriksen is a brilliant player, I'd love him to sign a new contract but if he goes he goes. Just glad we have Alli, Son and Kane on long deals and Poch also looks likely to stay.

Well you must have seen the ONLY player who turns up every week, i have NEVER seen one in over 50 years of going to games.

It's called exaggerating for effect, it's quite a normal part of daily language. I could have said Kane, Verts and Alderweireld do their jobs much more frequently and switch off from doing their jobs for far shorter periods than Eriksen but that is a long sentence and sometimes I like to write without referring to some logic harpy on my shoulder. I still stand behind Kane, Verts and Alderweireld being more consistent than Eriksen and consistency and reliability being the hallmarks of the truly great players - Ronaldo and Messi for instance.

Back