• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Isnt it TFL that want to change the station name? Sure that's what came out previously when it was first mooted, suppose it makes sense in regards to directing those travelling to the stadium

Do we know if the tickets will be allocated by LPs or first come first served when the sale will open for members?
I'm thinking of flying over for the opening, but have only about 120 loyalty points, not sure if that'll be enough...

First come first served for members according to the trust

Isnt it TFL that want to change the station name? Sure that's what came out previously when it was first mooted, suppose it makes sense in regards to directing those travelling to the stadium
according to the articles I read its us, and TFL want to charge £13M for the pleasure (we offered to buy an escalator they didn't want)

I can’t think why they would want to, it will cost them money to update everything. I imagine levy suggested it, they got excited about some potential income and then Levy rejected the not insignificant figure they believe would be appropriate.

As someone else suggested, calling it Tottenham might be more appropriate in terms of a renaming rather than us ‘sponsoring’ it, but imo it would be reasonable for us to cover the costs of doing this as I’m not sure what incentive there is for TFL to do it otherwise (unless they want to open the possibility of selling of station names?)

The sponsors should pay for it to be TH, as WHL reatains the old (albeit neutral) brand.
it was £3M cost for updating signs and they put it at £11M value to the club commercials (TFL this is) - if we decided to go ahead and pay a fee the sponsors will pay indirectly (i.e. we will have a higher deal than otherwise).

The sponsors should pay for it to be TH, as WHL reatains the old (albeit neutral) brand.

I think that is what we are looking for indirectly. By wiping out the old name, it reduces the likelihood of fans calling the new stadium WHL and increases the naming rights value.

For those of you wondering, this was the geezer in question regarding the £1200 tickets. :D

15oc5dd.jpg

Back