• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

I think May's deal will eventually go through, quite a few Labour MPs will vote for it as well. It was obvious it would lose yesterday so no point sticking their neck out but if it looks closer I think some of them will vote for it. Some of them are in constituencies with 65 - 70% leave votes so can't really go with a year or more long extension and they have their workers rights changes as well.

Most of the ERG will fold bar 10-15 of the hardest.
Agree. The labour brexitters have a bee sting. They can only use it once, so will do it when it will be decisive

Provided they are not undercut by some Chinese produce for example. The things your company makes for example must be cheaper to produce in Vietnam or China?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
If I can't produce the cheapest at high quality then I don't deserve market share. Same goes for any product/industry.

It's the competition that makes us continually improve and refine.

If I can't produce the cheapest at high quality then I don't deserve market share. Same goes for any product/industry.

It's the competition that makes us continually improve and refine.

..or puts you out of business!

As a thought experiment: if all things are equal - if the quality is the same - then cheaper production costs in the developing world due to cheap wages, offset by transportation costs, will beat UK production and consumers will choose the cheaper same quality alternative. Correct?

Have you thought of opening a factory in Vietnam?

So we have possibly civil unrest and or a recession. Yippee.
I can’t wait.

I thought no deal was going to be voted out....proves how much I don’t pay attention!
We can't be held to ransom by people who thought that brexit meant not just to leave the EU but also to not trade or deal with them. I am certain they do not represent the majority of the British public. Again it goes to highlight how stupidly Cameron framed his referendum.

As for civil unrest by who? The far right or perhaps the elderly brexiteers? Britain has been through worse and got through it. But the sensible remain and brexit voters should not be held to ransom by the crazies.

We can't be held to ransom by people who thought that brexit meant not just to leave the EU but also to not trade or deal with them. I am certain they do not represent the majority of the British public. Again it goes to highlight how stupidly Cameron framed his referendum.

As for civil unrest by who? The far right or perhaps the elderly brexiteers? Britain has been through worse and got through it. But the sensible remain and brexit voters should not be held to ransom by the crazies.

Exactly. F uck em.

The ERG will use thier warped sense of patriotism to stir up in the media the Brexit voting simple folk!

The ERG will use thier warped sense of patriotism to stir up in the media the Brexit voting simple folk!

The thing is, if the ERG even with the help of the Russians etc. Manage to sway the public in another vote, where we know what Brexit will look like (Mays deal Vs remain). Then fair play that what we as a country would have chosen.

My main problem with Brexit (apart from it being bad for the country). Is that people didn't know what they were voting for... In fact almost 3 years on and we still don't know what Brexit will look like... That's just a fact.

Sort a Brexit deal out.... Then vote on it. If Mays deal wins. fair play.. I will be on board... I won't like it, but I will be on board.

..or puts you out of business!

As a thought experiment: if all things are equal - if the quality is the same - then cheaper production costs in the developing world due to cheap wages, offset by transportation costs, will beat UK production and consumers will choose the cheaper same quality alternative. Correct?

Have you thought of opening a factory in Vietnam?
I opened one in the Czech Republic.

And yes, you're right. If developing countries are the best place for those products to be made then that's where they should be made.

Last edited:

I'm not sure the great mass of people, leave or remain, are that bothered about it. Most people just feel apathy towards politics in general "they are all the same" etc. People expect to be phucked over, but so long as they are able to plod along in life, they aren't that bothered really.

Real civil unrest will only happen in this country if the shelves are empty imo.

The best way to get a remain vote in a new referendum is to say 'some' will lose their bus passes, winter fuel allowance and GHod forbid their free TV licenses if we leave. :cool:
The older simple folk otherwise think a hard Brexit is a return to the spirit of the blitz and wear it like some hair shirt. Quite sad!

I'd say civil disobedience, rather than civil unrest. If democracy/the turnover tests fails, then why engage with the state in any way other than those that would be illegal not to. So boycotting elections, jury service, mass tax avoidance etc.

I'd say civil disobedience, rather than civil unrest. If democracy/the turnover tests fails, then why engage with the state in any way other than those that would be illegal not to. So boycotting elections, jury service, mass tax avoidance etc.
So boycotting elections, jury service, mass tax avoidance etc - already 2/3 and I cant see many people missing Jury service for £1000 fine.

The best way to get a remain vote in a new referendum is to say 'some' will lose their bus passes, winter fuel allowance and GHod forbid their free TV licenses if we leave. :cool:
The older simple folk otherwise think a hard Brexit is a return to the spirit of the blitz and wear it like some hair shirt. Quite sad!
Not anyone that even remotely experienced it.
Only ones born in the 50/60s whose teenage years were watching war movies rather than watching war on the doorstep

McDonald (with a nod from Corbyn) and Starmer have both said in statements and in response to ditecd questions that they support a second ref.
That was in debates and statements today and yesterday in the commons.

It will be a manifesto position for a GE.
Vote for us, we'll get a deal. If the deal is voted down, we have a second ref as a back up instead of no deal.

Its a last resort for Corbyn, clearly. And he would rather exhaust any/all other options before giving people a choice.

He is putting his own power plays ahead of this and has done all along.

His "deal" is brick, and he would rather saddle us with that than give people an option.

Thing is, and I completely recognise Im no expert, it looks to me like he will end up exactly where we are now.

Win election, get a minority, try and negotiate a deal that will never be, probably end up beholden to a smaller party for votes (SNP? Just as nutty as the DUP and will come with rather significant demands themselves) and then where are we? Deadlocked in the house.

And THEN he MIGHT consider going to the people.

Bear in mind as well the EU are far from likely to entertain much more in the way of negotiation.

I think, when it's said and done, we get an extension and then end up with soft-brexit. I hope so anyway, then just move on from all this b0ll0cks.

If that happens it will not be the end of it at all. There will be years of Brexit-2 on the cards because Brexit-1 was a failure.

Back