• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2018/19

Or go out to Porto on away goals. :D

I have a horrible feeling that we’ll draw an English side and that will be the end of us over two legs.

I would hate to play an English team, though I guess less travelling. But how often do we beat any of those English teams left in it.

Would rather play a glamour tie against a proper European team.

It should remain fixed to not play domestic until the semis. I’d rather lose 9 nil to Juve than any domestic option on pens

Not at all surprised Bayern lost to Liverpool at home. Remember, Bayern also lost the 2012 CL final at home to Chelsea, costing us CL place in the process. Bayern will always be the biggest bottlers of European football for the way they lost the 1999 and 2012 CL finals.

Bayern's exit from the CL means, this will be the first time since 2011 that no German teams will be in the CL quarter finals. Remember, Germany also suffered the humiliating exit from the World Cup 2018. This only shows that German football is in real decline now.

So, this will be the first time since 2009 that all 4 English teams will be in the CL Quarter finals. Obviously our easiest match will be against Porto while our toughest match will be against any of the English teams. Won't even mind us playing against Barcelona, Juventus or Ajax. At least we will have fighting chance against any of them. But don't feel confident against ManCity, Liverpool or even ManU.

We will draw Pool or City, no doubt.

Manure to face Porto, Barca vs Ajax.

Its nailed on.

Didnt even bother watching last night, because in my mind Liverpool qualifying was a given. Wouldnt trust Bayern to beat Barnsley if it really mattered.

Will stick with my post prediction from a few pages back.

Liverpool will get Porto
United v Juventus for another Ronaldo return to OT.
Winners to play each other in a United/Liverpool semi-final

We get City obviously and just in case we do happen to win, lady luck has lined up Barcelona for the semi-final who will breeze past Ajax

This is a tough field.

Teams I don't want:

Juventus
Emirates Marketing Project
Barcelona
Liverpool

Meh but still wouldn't be overly happy:

Manchester United

Would be 'happy' with:

Ajax
Porto

All the teams will be tough!

Porto and Ajax are no mugs.

Pleased with our progress so far.

My call Barca :cool:

Liverpool will get another easy route to the final. Last year the only decent team they played in the Champions league was City on their way to the final.

We will get either Barca or City and Liverpool will get eithet Porto or Ajax.

This is guaranteed.

Liverpool will get another easy route to the final. Last year the only decent team they played in the Champions league was City on their way to the final.

We will get either Barca or City and Liverpool will get eithet Porto or Ajax.

This is guaranteed.

Not sure I get stuff like this tbh and we've seen quite regularly in the CL in the past few seasons anyway just what we have tended to do against teams we 'should' be beating.

City were one of the best teams in the world least season and Roma finished top of a group containing Chelsea and Atletico and then knocked out Barcelona.

If we finished top of a group containing Atletico and Chelsea, knocked out Barca and were just 1 goal away from reaching the CL final, I'd say most on this board would be calling us a pretty good team..

Thought it was sad to see the Bundersleague heading the same way as the French league. Not good for football.
Juve is now the last 'non-doped' European club if you don't count going to the bond market to fund the club. They get the same from TV money Huddersfield apparently!
Real, Barce and a distant third Atletico Madrid in Spain then it's just the Premier League teams, quite sad.

Back