• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2018/19

The problem with VAR is they aren't consistent in application. If it is supposed to correct clear and obvious errors, then they don't need long delays to look at multiple replays many times. If they need the time, it's not clear and obvious.

There is also uncertainty over whether it is a tool for the referee to use on request or an extra referee who can inform the referee of things missed. Recent cases have involved the latter and long delays analysing things that are a matter of interpretation. Then sometimes the referee asks the fourth official what he saw on video, sometimes we have the side show of the referee going to watch the video himself.

I don't expect it to be perfect, I just want less mistakes. However, the spectator or viewer should know what VAR can be used for, when it should be used, how it should be used, and the relative roles of referee and fourth official.

Seeing that luck today, I fully expect Liverpool to get AT LEAST a score draw in Germany.

There will be 4 English clubs in the Last 8.

And no doubt it will be
One half of the draw
Barcelona v Ajax
Tottenham v Emirates Marketing Project
and
Man United v Juventus or Atletico Madrid
Porto v Liverpool

Quiet half hour for City, but then three in eight minutes.

Juventus get one back so make it interesting. Hopefully Atletico can show Chiellini some "winning mentality".

But VAR is supposed to get things right. o_O
The problem is not with VAR. It's with the officials looking at VAR. So basically the same as if there was no VAR. The only difference being that with VAR you get a chance to look at things more than once and at slower speeds, so the number of errors will get reduced. So although it won't right every wrong, it will at least reduce the number of wrongs. That can only be a good thing.

I would so love for Juve to go through and to draw them in the next round. Payback would be so sweet and even sweeter with Ronaldo in the side. :D

Atletico, on the other hand, scares the bejeepers out of me.

I hate Juve with a passion. I want them and that pussy Ronaldo in the next round. Proper smash them.

Back