• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

Let's not get carried away about Grealish, it's a big step up to the PL. Look at sessengon, tore it up last season, struggling this season.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...rnals-Mesut-Ozil-transfer-news-rumours-gossip

Arsenal and Tottenham set for summer transfer battle... and Mesut Ozil could be key to it
ARSENAL and Tottenham are set to battle for the signature of Villarreal midfielder Pablo Fornals.
By ADAM SKINNER
10:24, Sun, Mar 10, 2019 | UPDATED: 11:16, Sun, Mar 10, 2019

The Spanish international has previously been linked with Napoli but the two north London rivals are keen on him after an impressive season in La Liga.

Gunners boss Unai Emery has been keeping tabs on Fornals, 23, but will probably need to find a buyer for top-earner Mesut Ozil before he can make a move.

Ozil’s reported wages of around £400,000 per week have left Arsenal hamstrung in the market.

They were only able to sign loan players in the January transfer window after struggling to raise funds for any permanent deals.

Aaron Ramsey has also agreed to join Juventus when his contract runs out at the end of the season because he wanted parity with Ozil and the club could not give it to him.

Ozil has cut an increasingly lonely figure at the Emirates this season and could now be difficult to shift due to his lack of game time.

The German, 30, has only started 14 games in the Premier League in 2018-19 and has missed most matches against the current top six.

Reports claim he will be dropped again for today’s home clash with Manchester United.

The Times say Emery has concerns about his work ethic, ability to track back and his tendency to pull out of challenges.

It is hardly a ringing endorsement for any potential buyers and if Arsenal end up stuck with him, Spurs could snatch Fornals from under their noses.

They are desperate for their own midfield reinforcements after failing to replace Mousa Dembele after he left for China in January.

Their lack of squad depth appears to be catching up with them as their 2-1 defeat at Southampton yesterday means they have lost three and drawn one of their last four league games.

Mauricio Pochettino’s side were in the title race at the beginning of February but are now facing a battle to finish in the top four.

The Argentinian wa furious after watching his side throw away a half-time lead at St Mary’s and accused his players of not taking the game seriously.

"It is so difficult to understand why we changed so much from the first half to the second,” he said.

"The second half, we did not take it seriously, I don't want to criticise too much but when you lose a game that was under control after 45 minutes - we should be 3-0, 4-0 - and finishes in 2-1 defeat, it is difficult to accept.

"Their first goal was a cross in front of the goal where four players can put the ball out of the stadium.

"This is our reality. People talk about perceptions but we need to realise if you do not fight with intensity for the Champions League, you will struggle.

“We are fighting against big sides. We had a big gap, welcome to the reality, we are under pressure to win games. It is a massive challenge for us."

https://www.football.london/premier-league/arsenal-man-united-spurs-set-15953398

Arsenal, Man United and Spurs set to be on alert over summer move for Real Madrid misfit
The 26-year-old could be on the market this summer

Isco is set to be one of the most talked about players of the summer transfer window after the Spaniard's relationshiip with Real Madrid head coach Santiago Solari hit a new low.

The interim boss at the Bernabeu requested that the club take disciplinary action over the former Malaga playmaker and left him out of the squad to face Valladolid over concerns about his fitness and focus. Real won the game 4-1.

During the week, Isco reportedly refused to get on the team bus ahead of a match that saw the reigning European champions dumped out of the Champions League by Ajax, as reported by AS.

"Isco apologized for not getting on the bus on the day of Ajax," said Solari. "We handle disciplinary matters internally. To play, you have to be in the right physical shape first and then you have to maintain it."

A transfer target for Emirates Marketing Project during Manuel Pellegrini's reign at the club, in recent months Isco has been linked with a number of Premier League clubs including Arsenal, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur.

Chelsea had been named but due to a ruling over their two window transfer ban they may be out of the running.

Real are set to ring the changes at the end of a disappointing season and Isco could be one of the players to move on.

The 26-year-old is a prolific dribbler and a very creative passer of the ball. During his time at Real, he has drfited from being a squad player to a first team regular and back again.

Let's not get carried away about Grealish, it's a big step up to the PL. Look at sessengon, tore it up last season, struggling this season.

Alli was 18. Sessegnon is 18. Lennon, Walker and Rose were teenagers when we pulled them out of the Championship too. Grealish is now middle aged in footballing terms.

How many 23 year olds playing in Segunda Division, Serie B or 2. Bundesliga would we consider looking at?

Alli was 18. Sessegnon is 18. Lennon, Walker and Rose were teenagers when we pulled them out of the Championship too. Grealish is now middle aged in footballing terms.

How many 23 year olds playing in Segunda Division, Serie B or 2. Bundesliga would we consider looking at?

Not sure what point you're making tbh.
My point is should we sign him let's not expect him to do in the PL what he's doing in the championship, it's a big step up.

Highly talented (if raw) central midfielder. Chief asset so far is his versatility - he can play half a dozen positions (including centre-back) and not look out of place.

Very young, built like a brick outhouse, can pass well, can tackle well, can run well. Is also American, for that extra marketing oomph.

I'd say, out of all Schalke's players, he's the one Poch can make the most out of.

i like him! if he had the right positive get stuck in mentality i'd be interested - i like his willingness to get stuck in and his quick feet. i bet his decision making is trash at times based on nothing but this two minute video though.

Not sure what point you're making tbh.
My point is should we sign him let's not expect him to do in the PL what he's doing in the championship, it's a big step up.

Mainly that people shouldn't get too much of a hard-on for a lower league journeyman who just happens to hold himself a bit like Chris Waddle

He is a one club man, how is he a journey man?

And while 23 - he has missed a season or more of football due to injury.

Has now made captain at a historically significant club, and is actually leading that team to voctories with telling and vital contributions.

And this is just the clip notes

As ever GB, you offer far from the full picture.

Mainly that people shouldn't get too much of a hard-on for a lower league journeyman who just happens to hold himself a bit like Chris Waddle
I've never really seen him, always seemed decent when I did. Seems as some see him as a difference maker which I think is just setting him up to disappoint.

So how much do people think we will have to spend in the summer?

A lot of rumours we had 50m to spend in the last two windows, if you add that to the Eriksen sale 80m and Toby 25m that gives us around 155m and maybe we can finally get rid of some other fringe players. Maybe close to 180m this summer?

A lot of rumours we had 50m to spend in the last two windows, if you add that to the Eriksen sale 80m and Toby 25m that gives us around 155m and maybe we can finally get rid of some other fringe players. Maybe close to 180m this summer?

Not a clue!
But I’m starting at zero, then anything is a bonus!

Anywhere between £50m and £200m

I would not put a lot of faith in rumours mate, that is one of the reasons some fans start frothing at the mouth when these " rumours" turn out not to be true.

I would not put a lot of faith in rumours mate, that is one of the reasons some fans start frothing at the mouth when these " rumours" turn out not to be true.

I get what your saying but the seems to be so much talk from Journalists that seem to have a good link with the club.

I would be shocked if toby and eriksen leave if we dont have at least 150m to spend on players, unless Levy takes it all for the stadium...

I get what your saying but the seems to be so much talk from Journalists that seem to have a good link with the club.

I would be shocked if toby and eriksen leave if we dont have at least 150m to spend on players, unless Levy takes it all for the stadium...

I’m convinced that now we’re almost in we can balance the books and know what everything has cost. Then we can invest in the players. The issue will still be can we get the right ones or will we be outbid, but I do believe we will see some action finally

With regards to players breaking in to the premier league later on in their careers, you could look at Adam Lallana. He came up with Southampton from the lower leagues and is now part of a Liverpool squad fighting for the title. I do believe the Grealish was wrong to spend another season with Villa, but by most accounts that wasn't his choice.

Back