• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

Any would-be mega rich owner would detract from my enjoyment of supporting Spurs!
This ‘journey’ we have been on has been wonderful. Winning the league or CL will not trump the last few years.
The journey for me is more important than any arrival.

Any would-be mega rich owner would detract from my enjoyment of supporting Spurs!
This ‘journey’ we have been on has been wonderful. Winning the league or CL will not trump the last few years.
The journey for me is more important than any arrival.

I second that. To be honest when we were finishing 5th for such a long time without getting the consecutive champions league qualifications that set you up with Champions League money + Champions League attraction - I would have felt a little bit like our betterment isn't financially viable and would have been tempted.

Now though we're doing our own thing, doing it the 'Levy way' if you will, and it does feel like we're taking on the world with nothing but our own resources, growing the club a little bit here and there with new training facilities, stadium and a greatly increased quality of player from what we once had.

Moreover, I feel like Poch senses that too and understands that there's much more achievement in building success as a coach then buying success; and if we became another Emirates Marketing Project whatever reputation he would gain from success at one rich club he would buy with another. In that scenario he may as well go to Real Madrid because the job would be slightly more immediate with the same result. Here, he has a unique chance at building a project without too much fear of reprisal, a new regime would just see us become like a Chelsea or United and the manager turnover would be ludicrous.

Pochettino sees successes at Spurs as changing football to its core and writings himself into its history like a SAF his hero and making a statement at the same time throughout the footballing world, out spending your opponents is not the only way!
‘There is another’

Slagging us off for not winning anything, not buying any players and not finishing the stadium on time?

Yeah all that.

Apart from the year pompey won the cup I can see no time when we should have won something. The buying players, well I think one really good signing a summer is the ideal, but clearly we could find none we could afford. The stadium, well these things always run behind.

I was not happy with how he treated Jol and the is the suspicion with me he holds onto players he does not want for to long because he asks for to higher a fee.

But he gets an excellent 9 out of 10 as a chairman for me. I dont give easy 10s. Cavendish is the only sportsman in the world who gets a 10. Poch has done an excellent job but he is also a 9 out of 10.

Watching the Premier League Review show from yesterday.

Well the media is spot on: The old Man Utd are back.

You know, the Man Utd that get all the decisions.

Southampton had 2 very good penalty calls turned down in the first half.
and one of Lukaku's goals was offside too

Watching the Premier League Review show from yesterday.

Well the media is spot on: The old Man Utd are back.

You know, the Man Utd that get all the decisions.

Southampton had 2 very good penalty calls turned down in the first half.

Yup, watched that on MotD last night :mad: not forgetting the high kick that Ashley Young got away with (Lamela would love playing with that red cloak of impunity!) plus Rashford’s soft penalty at the end which truly emphasised how much of a homer the referee was o_O I hope that the officials find NWHL as intimidating and start giving us every marginal decision too!

I rather like Solskjaer, as a player and in his public utterances.
Of late though, I cannot wait for a cessation to the stream of blather about "We're Man Utd, we're special, we're all about winning trophies and developing our youth"

Yep! He's playing the media, and their fans, absolutely perfectly so far. Has the PR game nailed down pat, he just trots out everything they want to hear.. 'biggest club in the world, trophies, attacking football, we're Man Utd' et al repeat ad fudging nauseum. It's so obvious, bit like Rodgers was at the Bindippers, main difference is that Solskaer is as you say, likeable. Whereas Rodgers is the opposite.

Easy for Solskjaer to do this at the moment: he's on an extended new manager bounce after replacing a big name manager who had catastrophically fudged it up. They were so bad that this bounce feels like the utter top.

Be interesting to see what happens next year when the manager bounce has faded, the pressure ramps up and other teams have figured out his 'tactics' properly. Very interesting to see indeed. I wonder what his club legend schtick will sound like if it all starts going pear shaped!

In hindsight, the timing was brilliant … he had the easiest run of opening 4 or 5 games possible.

Deadcat bounce +removal of the negativity of Jose +press sucking off OGS and players (Pogba was suddenly brilliant because he scored 2 goals) put a feel good feeling in, a little bit of confidence and a good run.

I think it's telling he hasn't been able to do anything with a couple of players (Sanchez example).

I hope he does enough to keep the job, next season will be the tell.

Special shout-out for Eric Bailly. He was so, so, so bad tonight - just wandering about, awful, then removed mid way through the first half

Mate at work has confessed that as a kid he was a classic Man Utd glory supporter and he's turning back that way again.
Apparently one of Solskjaer's quotes last night was "We're Man Utd, this is what we do"
I'm struggling to fight off childhood flashbacks of rage.

Back