• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

In the first half, he was only marginally offside with a great header. He also made one of our best chances, for Eriksen. Nobody else showed any vision today.

And then of course, stuck away the penalty when needed (as well as winning it in the first place). Far from a shocker imo, on another day he'd have had 2 goals and an assist.

Well for me he should have been off
Every time he went for a ball they marked him tight and he has some awful touches

Their goal came from him bumbling with teh ball trying to work out what to do and then Sanchez roostering up of course

Every time he went for a ball they marked him tight and he has some awful touches

Their goal came from him bumbling with teh ball trying to work out what to do and then Sanchez roostering up of course
Kane didn't have his best game I thought, but he's just come back from several weeks out. He's not sharp. and we didn't play great yesterday or give him the support he needs.....

However he still made our best chance of the game (Eriksen) with a class chip. Top quality in the key moments.

Then he showed top class composure and balls of steel to stick away a massive penalty to get a huge point. Which their £60 million striker couldn't do....

If that is Kane when he's rusty it shows just how outstanding a centre forward we have. You can trust him at the key moments in the biggest games!!

And ye's only going to get better as he gets fitter...

Sent from my SM-G960F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Kane didn't have his best game I thought, but he's just come back from several weeks out. He's not sharp. and we didn't play great yesterday or give him the support he needs.....

However he still made our best chance of the game (Eriksen) with a class chip. Top quality in the key moments.

Then he ahowed top class composure and balls of steel to stick away a massive penalty to get a huge point. Which their £60 million striker couldn't do....

If that is Kane when he's rusty it shows just how outstanding a centre forward we have. You can trust him at the key moments in the biggest games!!

Realistically who do you prefer? A fully fit Llorente or a still recovering Kane?

We don't have a Jesus or a Sturrige or even an Obamayang waiting to come off the bench... That's the reality unfortunately

Then he ahowed top class composure and balls of steel to stick away a massive penalty to get a huge point. Which their £60 million striker couldn't do....

Spot on for me. I thought he did alright in difficult circumstances. He will play his way back to form as he always has, it's the only decision imo.

Where was the service for Kane? That's the question.

I think this and the Chelsea game is why unless you are Liverpool or Man U you cant criticise refs - it cant be a coincidence they are going to fudge us over until the end of the season.

A TV in the background of the next presser with pickford on dele, pogba and Jones tackles from the utd game and that one on Harry yesterday. Any questions about refs just smile and point.
It's a fine balance.
We have certainly left our fair few on people. I'm pretty sure Jan still has an eyeball attached to his finger.

Nohhh! Firmino's eyeball had all sorts of room in that empty head to move back out of the way.

Had he knocked out a tooth? Woah, major vanity tragedy.

It's a fine balance.
We have certainly left our fair few on people. I'm pretty sure Jan still has an eyeball attached to his finger.
Yes we have, but the narrative is that we always get away with and every other team doesn't.
Jan's was accidental and as I remember it despite the fuss at the time he was fit for the next game. Unlike Harry against utd or dele against Everton and neither of those was accidental.

Yes we have, but the narrative is that we always get away with and every other team doesn't.
Jan's was accidental and as I remember it despite the fuss at the time he was fit for the next game. Unlike Harry against utd or dele against Everton and neither of those was accidental.

Disagree with @monkeybarry on this one ..

Spurs has changed from a side that was too soft, to a side that can compete physically .. however

We don't do the consistent niggling foul brick, the repeated slightly late, little bit of afters, and then the overexaggerated holding face/various body part whenever an opponent is even close to us. We want to play football, a lot of the brick we see is specifically designed to stop flow of game.

I feel years ago teams used to target us (just kick them up and they will not compete), under Poch that went away, but I really think the last set of games, we have been targeted with the "little bit of extra" and the refs have done nothing to stop it. Honestly I don't know which ref's wife Danny has fudged, but it seems an opponent could fudging stab the guy on the pitch and it would be no call.

@Raziel
I agree with most of that.
Where I slightly different is that we don't want to pain ourselves as a victim or whiter than white.
Jan, Sanchez, Alli and Lamela all leave a bit here and there. It's just less blatant.
Fergie created a seige mentality that included really bad tackles and time management (fergie time!).
But he had to build up to and be very aware of the action of quite a few of his own team.

He always had the angle of "it's out of order what they are doing to us. If refs let it continue, we'll give it too" (they already we're, but the propoganda worked). So refs had to make sure the game didn't get out of hand.

That's the fine line between fighting injustice Vs being the moaning kid in the playground.
It's BS. But football always bullys fair play

I don't agree with @Raziel , I think we do plenty of nasty stuff ourselves under Poch, including diving/play-acting/time-wasting as well as the naughty tackles. And we do use tactical fouls to stop the opposition imo. And good, we aren't a soft-touch anymore, we can dig in and fight. Infact, lately I would say we have lost a little bit of our edge and we need to get back to it again (Dier and Dele help here).

However, we still can't tolerate our best player getting the sh1t kicked out of him every time he takes the field and refs doing nothing about it. So Poch should absolutely make a big deal if it, I totally support him in that.

I don't agree with @Raziel , I think we do plenty of nasty stuff ourselves under Poch, including diving/play-acting/time-wasting as well as the naughty tackles. And we do use tactical fouls to stop the opposition imo. And good, we aren't a soft-touch anymore, we can dig in and fight. Infact, lately I would say we have lost a little bit of our edge and we need to get back to it again (Dier and Dele help here).

However, we still can't tolerate our best player getting the sh1t kicked out of him every time he takes the field and refs doing nothing about it. So Poch should absolutely make a big deal if it, I totally support him in that.

Think there is a difference between smart/tactical fouls and purposely having every tackle leave something on the player (especially after the ball has been played). Lamela/Dier may be occasionally petulant and do it, vs. team orders. Additionally while our players may occasionally dive (yes Dele), I don't see the holding their face brick when they were hit in the leg, or pretending to be seriously hurt (none of our players do that).

Agree re Kane, but it's not only him, the level of tackles on Danny in the last 6 or so games have been fudging criminal ..

But we are the lilywhites and above all that skullduggery. ;)The main thing is ALL fans think their team get more stick then anyone else ( its always been that way).

Kane should ignore the media and not buy into this narrative of bottling it. There are reasons players dont play well in certain games and it is not all due to pressure. There is squad depth, mental and physical fitness as well.

That said he also needs to take a hard look at himself.

Back