• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Dycheball***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's always like that though. I was watching the pre-match build up on Norwegian TV, the pundits really bigging us up, "in the title race", "what a job Poch has done" blah blah blah - then after the game it's the completely other end of the story, how we always bottle it, that we don't have what it takes, that we didn't buy anyone, "Poch not tactical enough", blah blah blah ... you know.

Just don't watch it or listen to it, we know the score.

Correct! You’re preaching to the converted. I often go for alternative comms as Sky are awful for it, and I very rarely stick about for post match chat.

Does anybody?

Of course. We're third. Playing all games away from home. Still in the CL. We haven't bought any players because we have a world class new stadium coming any day now to pay off. We're in a more consistent run of form over the course of several season that we haven't seen since the 60's. We've won more points up to this point of the season for the first time since the last time we won the league back in 61.

Those are facts. People may want to spin that however way they like, but those are the facts we're staring in the eye here!

The media suffers from chronic anxiety problems!
Bipolar just doesn’t cover it!

I know us on here even when we disagree over in the politics thread all understand the media are stupid. But do you think it is filtering through to outer city or are we all just on a higher pattern.

Of course. We're third. Playing all games away from home. Still in the CL. We haven't bought any players because we have a world class new stadium coming any day now to pay off. We're in a more consistent run of form over the course of several season that we haven't seen since the 60's. We've won more points up to this point of the season for the first time since the last time we won the league back in 61.

Those are facts. People may want to spin that however way they like, but those are the facts we're staring in the eye here!

But pundits are like interior designers full of froth!

I think we should start a ‘ban the football pundit’ campaign.

...yet still pundits see fit to question our final step and waffle on about how Fergie's teams kn ew how to win these games. Of course, Ferris's teams had to learn it over a similar stretch of time to the one we're on, and if that comparison metric were to hold true, then we'd be looking at NEXT season as the season we push on like no other...even though this season has already been (by anyone's definition) INSANE levels of pushing on.

It is obvious that against some attackers he simply lacks the physical strength, hopefully it will come with time

And this is why it was so stupid to start him in a game against two physical CFs. This one is down to Poch. And why was he marking Wood from the corner? An accident waiting to happen.

I hope our boys take the game more seriously than us GGers.

On the day of the game, and still on the first page of the OMT. WTF!!!!! Seriously bad ju ju. Hope Ade isn't about.

We need to win. Unbelievably, if we do, and United beat Pool, the title is in our own hands. Don't think that even happened in the Leicester season.

As I said on Pg 1 of this OMT, I was worried our players wouldn’t be up for this game. So it proved. A really lackadaisical performance throughout the team. No more mid season breaks please - it really seems to affect our rhythm.

How can you pick on two players that played what 15 mins?
What winks, or son or Eriksen? Those were anonymous today and for one of them it wasn't his first time recently.
Whoa mate not picking on them. Just asking the question about their tail off this season. Yeah the others had bad games so that's the time you want your other big players to step up. I thought a forum is to discuss things?

Personally I think it was wrong to start Kane. We've done well without him, and it seems like when he's playing, we sort of leave it to him to score.
Without Kane, it seems like more players takes responsibility to get into scoring positions. Son was left totally out of the game today, and we missed his movement up front. I think Kane would have been perfect to bring on in the last 20 minutes.

Sissoko was terrible today and when he has a bad game he looks like a pub player because I’ve never seen a professional footballer that looks so uncomfortable with the ball. He’s so bloody awkward. His first touch was deplorable today. He’s had many more good games than bad games this season but today he was muck. Not the only one mind...
He wasn't great and had a few off touches. However he put in some good crosses from the right today and was more effective than Aurier.

Whoa mate not picking on them. Just asking the question about their tail off this season. Yeah the others had bad games so that's the time you want your other big players to step up. I thought a forum is to discuss things?

Ok, apologies, I never had a good feeling about this game tbh but that was brick and I suppose we're all a little raw.

The truth of the matter is that no one posted any Custard in the thread in my injury enforced absence. This is the second time this season this has happened, the other being the Manure game at Wembley and we all know what happened there. We have angered the G-d of Custard andthis is the result. Heed the warning. If we continue to indulge in such behavior the Lord will send a series of terrible plagues upon us. The new Stadium will be flooded with millions of gallons of Custard and worse. I am the Prophet Yermiyahu, heed my words.

As I said on Pg 1 of this OMT, I was worried our players wouldn’t be up for this game. So it proved. A really lackadaisical performance throughout the team. No more mid season breaks please - it really seems to affect our rhythm.

Oh come ON! I don't think you can say they were lackadaisical! I didn't see many shirkers out there at all. What I did see was Eriksen struggle to get into the game, Winks and Sissoko both be uncharacteristically "off" and Sonny unable to find a route into his favorite spaces. Of all the matches, this was one where a fit Dier would've been great. I thought Dean let Burnley away with persistent play-breaking. I lost count of the niggly fouls designed to break up our flow, and have to say, IMO refs need to take a skipper aside and warn him to let the team know that the next player to commit one will get a card, and so on, otherwise they all do what Burnley did and take turns.

I would agree that several were off their game, but I don't think you can for one minute suggest a lack of effort at all. It was simply a bad day at the office. Emirates Marketing Project have had them too.

Personally I think it was wrong to start Kane. We've done well without him, and it seems like when he's playing, we sort of leave it to him to score.
Without Kane, it seems like more players takes responsibility to get into scoring positions. Son was left totally out of the game today, and we missed his movement up front. I think Kane would have been perfect to bring on in the last 20 minutes.

I respectfully disagree. I’ve seen this opinion go around a bit today though. If Kane is fit, he starts. He’s a goal machine and if he was on the bench and we lost, Poch would get brick for that.

If others aren’t taking responsibility because Kane is playing, they need a kick in the hole and to look at themselves in the mirror.

For me, some of the commentary on Kane today is pure outcome based analysis that will be completely different when he smashes the rent boys and Woolwich over the next week.

I respectfully disagree. I’ve seen this opinion go around a bit today though. If Kane is fit, he starts. He’s a goal machine and if he was on the bench and we lost, Poch would get brick for that.

If others aren’t taking responsibility because Kane is playing, they need a kick in the hole and to look at themselves in the mirror.

For me, some of the commentary on Kane today is pure outcome based analysis that will be completely different when he smashes the rent boys and Woolwich over the next week.
Don't get me wrong. There was nothing wrong with Kane's performance today, but subconsciously I think some don't try enough thwmselves when Kane is playing. They try to play In Kane instead of maybe trying a shot or cross.

If the defenders did their job as well as Kane did his today, we'd have got a nice 0-1 win. Instead they all played like tw@ts.

If the defenders did their job as well as Kane did his today, we'd have got a nice 0-1 win. Instead they all played like tw@ts.

A bit harsh.
First goal came from a phantom corner. Should never have been given. Second goal was a pig's ear for sure.

Back