• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Not that I think Levy will like being forced to accept a rate below what he can get, but Levy and Scudamore apparently have a history ..

Something about Scudamore doesn't believe there is a top 6 (i.e. Spurs are not one of the PL elite)

From what I read around the same time Tottenham and Chelsea weren’t keen because the clubs wanted to do their own thing for their own fans

Chelsea offered subsidised or free travel for their away fans

Can’t remember exactly what we were doing TBH

The £30 things ok, basically gives those travelling approx a £20 saving to put towards their other costs. That in isolation is a good thing.

As for the correlation between the cost and the access to tickets, it's clouded by us basically doing better, hence demand/desirability because of that increasing. If we did a Sunderland, most members would get a chance to go £30 or not.

It would be interesting to see how many ST's sell on (Inc corporate)?. Ironically it's now actual other ST's not getting tickets due to the LP' cut offs being so high.

From what I read around the same time Tottenham and Chelsea weren’t keen because the clubs wanted to do their own thing for their own fans

Chelsea offered subsidised or free travel for their away fans

Can’t remember exactly what we were doing TBH

Yep, read up on it a bit more .. seemed we wanted to focus on travel type subsidies instead of ticket price.

Levy thinking he's getting billed every month for using Wembley so he can charge us i.e club supporters £90+ for the Arse game for example but he's got let in 3000 gonners for only £30,every time he looks at the away support at each game he's thinking all of lost revenue that he's losing out on,not what a great atmosphere it is with a load of away support in the corner.....

Levy thinking he's getting billed every month for using Wembley so he can charge us i.e club supporters £90+ for the Arse game for example but he's got let in 3000 gonners for only £30,every time he looks at the away support at each game he's thinking all of lost revenue that he's losing out on,not what a great atmosphere it is with a load of away support in the corner.....

Ninety quid? Only if you are after a Club Wembley Gold ticket.

It’s probably for different reasons but I’m not a fan of the cap as it’s made it easier for people to buy and resell tickets effectively making it a closed shop as it’s now difficult to build up the loyalty points to get a ticket.

If they had a way of ensuring they purchaser actually attended the game or made some of the tickets available via a ballot I think the original intention of making it fairer for fans would be more satisfactory. Although due to the limited supply and costs of travel would it have been better to have made all clubs provide a % of home tickets at a fixed price, again available in singles or pairs via a ballot with the purchaser proving attendance to help anyone who feels they are being priced out of attending games?

I am the same as you, not a fan of the cap, the cost is the cost and you make your choices, going away was always a choice of extra expense of travel and overnight etc if you choose to.

Being able to get the product at half the home team because you came further does not stick well with me.

Personally I don’t think you can be too critical of a scheme that makes games more affordable for fans. Premier League clubs have been taking the tinkle out of fans for years. I’m lucky that I could afford to go even before they agreed to introduce the cap but not everyone can.

The downside is it has made away games even more of a closed shop than it was before. Not sure what can be done about this tbh. The increased demand for away tickets is no doubt also a by product of our recent relative success too.

I'm a big picture viewer when it comes to Levy. Some will yip-yap like bitchy terriers about minor items, but everywhere else, this man has played a blinder when it comes to putting Spurs back in contention for honours and delivering a stadium and training centre the envy of world football. If he wants a few bob extra from away day fans, he's earned it.

Not being funny, again, when everyone gets to see the stadium he has delivered, his critics are going to be embarrassed. It is not only world class, there is not a brick seat in the place (that I could see) and it has retained closeness. Furthermore, you are not going to find more reasonably priced and quality concessions like it is going to have. Some people will -however- simply hate him because...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Personally I don’t think you can be too critical of a scheme that makes games more affordable for fans. Premier League clubs have been taking the tinkle out of fans for years. I’m lucky that I could afford to go even before they agreed to introduce the cap but not everyone can.

The downside is it has made away games even more of a closed shop than it was before. Not sure what can be done about this tbh. The increased demand for away tickets is no doubt also a by product of our recent relative success too.
I think one can.

Any price that doesn't perfectly match the demand/supply ratio is money the club is tinkling away that could be spent on players and wages. We're already playing against a rigged deck, we have to punch above our weight just to be where our turnover dictates, let alone where we currently are. We can't afford to be turning away income.

I think one can.

Any price that doesn't perfectly match the demand/supply ratio is money the club is tinkling away that could be spent on players and wages. We're already playing against a rigged deck, we have to punch above our weight just to be where our turnover dictates, let alone where we currently are. We can't afford to be turning away income.
Isn't the idea to attract more custom, ie spend more time in the stadium, shell out more in the long run?

Isn't the idea to attract more custom, ie spend more time in the stadium, shell out more in the long run?
The best way to attract custom is to be successful. Keep winning football matches and people will keep buying tickets.

As for staying in the stadium, that's all about the supply/demand balance. I didn't say charge the highest price, that wouldn't work. We need to charge the highest price that generates the maximum revenue.

The best way to attract custom is to be successful. Keep winning football matches and people will keep buying tickets.

As for staying in the stadium, that's all about the supply/demand balance. I didn't say charge the highest price, that wouldn't work. We need to charge the highest price that generates the maximum revenue.
Be nice to people (fans) on the way up, as you'll be meeting the same people on the way down.

Back