• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur - Some German Team

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
its amazing how scant praise we get for winning a CL KO round 3 - 0, actually its not, its the hateful media after all. Hats off to Poch for re-organizing in the 2nd half, that was a managerial masterclass in the same way Allegri did us over last year. I don't need to add anything to what has already been said but I had a crap day wednesday, came home, watched the whole match as live and felt so much better, love tottenham and "celeb" fan steve nash to who I held up signs years ago saying "invest in tottenham" when he played at the arena close to where i live.

its amazing how scant praise we get for winning a CL KO round 3 - 0, actually its not, its the hateful media after all. Hats off to Poch for re-organizing in the 2nd half, that was a managerial masterclass in the same way Allegri did us over last year. I don't need to add anything to what has already been said but I had a crap day wednesday, came home, watched the whole match as live and felt so much better, love tottenham and "celeb" fan steve nash to who I held up signs years ago saying "invest in tottenham" when he played at the arena close to where i live.

It's because they're only interested in reporting that our whole squad, manager, coaches, physios, ball boys, megastore workers, and Levy himself have all outgrown us and are planning on moving to Man United to play in the Europa League. Anything that deviates from that narrative, or suggests actually you know what - they've got four or five world class players at the very least and might actually be set to achieve something big together - is completely ignored at best, or at worst, turned around to somehow mean the opposite.

Before the match, I’d told mates that I thought the midfield would be decent. A gooner told me that Spurs midfield was awful. Wonder how we destroyed Dortmund 3-0 whilst Arsenal lost against BATE then...

Robbie Savage made me laugh last night.

Fletch: "What can Spurs do here Robbie in the second half to turn the tide?"
Savage: "I'd get Vertonghen to sit in as a proper left back. He's pushing too far forward."

Within one minute, his analysis was blown apart. The prick didn't shut up about Vertonghen for the rest of the game. It got to stalker levels of fascination.

Never in the history of football has there been a more clueless pundit.
I agree with all of that except the last paragraph. Timmeh was a pundit once or twice.

Just click on the ‘x votes’ alongside each name and the culprits will be revealed!
:D I just discovered I accidentally clicked on Son, who had a good game but only got voted for because he was next to Vertonghen in the list and I wasn't paying attention.

https://www.football365.com/news/spurs-no-longer-have-to-sht-the-bed-to-be-seen-as-mature

They have been other very positive pieces in the press that I devoured post-match. John Cross in the Mirror must be hurting at having to write so many nice things about us.

Winks was excellent, he had a really good game....... but he wasn’t “Jan” good!!;)

They were both excellent, but for me I had to give it to Winks for a performance beyond his years. I’ve almost become accustomed to Jan delivering high standards week in week out.

I watched BT Sport's extended highlights earlier, which was nice. However, it struck me just how lethargic Dortmund looked during the second half. Some of it would have been them just not being able to keep up with our press, and younger heads going down, but could some of it be down to the flu that hit their camp recently?

If so, I would expect a much tougher second leg. They'll be well up for it. The tie is sandwiched between fixtures against Augsburg and VfB Stuttgart (with a handy 4 days between each one), both teams flirting with relegation. So we'll face a full-strength Dortmund with nothing to lose. They've got to go all-out, and I can just see us conceding early. Two first-half goals for them and it'll be an absolutely nerve-wracking second half.

Sorry to put a downer on things. But we're effectively 3-0 up at half time, and we've seen how that can end before.

Havent they just had January off as well? Possible they arent back up to speed yet?

Either way, we have an incredible advantage going into the second leg. Not being complacent at all, but it would be a monumental rooster up for us to not go through at this point.

Providing we dont have a collective brainfart for 90 minutes* we should be ofine

*I am a Spurs fan and do understand this is entirely possible.

Over at RAWK they're not really bothered about us, because we'll never win it. Actually they want us in the quarter final. Apparently their tie vs Bayern München is just an unnecessary walk-over.

They also have memory like gold fish
.smicer07
  • Negative, miserable sod!
  • February 13, 2019, 09:46:10 PM »
Imagine losing 3 nil against spurs
Rewind 15 months you idiot Bin dipper!

Last edited:
Apparently we have just stumbled upon a way of winning games by being solid at the back (yeah right) and nicking vital goals.

I watched BT Sport's extended highlights earlier, which was nice. However, it struck me just how lethargic Dortmund looked during the second half. Some of it would have been them just not being able to keep up with our press, and younger heads going down, but could some of it be down to the flu that hit their camp recently?

If so, I would expect a much tougher second leg. They'll be well up for it. The tie is sandwiched between fixtures against Augsburg and VfB Stuttgart (with a handy 4 days between each one), both teams flirting with relegation. So we'll face a full-strength Dortmund with nothing to lose. They've got to go all-out, and I can just see us conceding early. Two first-half goals for them and it'll be an absolutely nerve-wracking second half.

Sorry to put a downer on things. But we're effectively 3-0 up at half time, and we've seen how that can end before.
We'll score there with Kane and Alli back, meaning they'll need 5!

This team has drawn the last 3 before this virus

Their issue is clear

Everyone knows how they play know which they didn’t at the beginning of the season

They don’t have a front man to keep the ball so they have to play intricate passes

Their keeper too is very poor for a top side

Before Christmas they were IMO they best side in Europe but now ..., there a few rungs down at least

Back