• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 2018/19

We would be seeded in the draw for this wouldnt we?
Not necessarily. The seeded teams in the draw for the last 32 are the 12 EL group winners and the 4 CL 3rd placed teams with the best record in their CL group. Currently we have the fifth best record of the 3rd placed teams and would therefore be unseeded. Teams from the same country can't be drawn against each other and seeded teams play the first leg away from home.

As it currently stands the EL last 32 would be:
EL.PNG

I see Red Bull 1 and 2 have played their group to perfection. As long as Salzburg hold out against Celtic they will both go through.

Leipzig somehow managed to concede a late goal against the worst team in the entire competition (not Celtic) and now Celtic are through instead.

AC Milan knocked out on goal difference as they tie with Olympiakos on points and head to head.

Good, their clam of a manager can fudge right off.
Had to look that up - how long's he been there? Has never really struck me as someone with the self-discipline to be in charge of anything more than a broom.

Valentine's just isn't the same when you're not freezing your ass off somewhere in Eastern Europe.

BATE 1-0 Arsenal at HT.

Ive been saying for years, the EUROPE league is a bloody trap, designed to keep teams out of the top 4, and unable to break through.

It is a whole different type of challenge than the CL, a harder one IMHO.

To see other clubs suffering in it brings me great joy.

Especially after nights like Wednesday!

Ive been saying for years, the EUROPE league is a bloody trap, designed to keep teams out of the top 4, and unable to break through.

It is a whole different type of challenge than the CL, a harder one IMHO.

To see other clubs suffering in it brings me great joy.

Especially after nights like Wednesday!

I totally agree the workload is far higher than the CL, the competition is full of clubs on the outskirts of Europe with dodgy pitches and UEFA manage to find their most inefficient officals to ruin the games. Playing on Thursdays is more of a problem rather than Tuesday/Wednesday as our "friends" on tv always seem to fudge us up with their scheduling, getting home at 3am on Friday before playing away at midday Sunday leave little time for rest or game planning.

You are absolutely right.

Scheduling is poor from the Premier league regardless, Poch was right to moan about the Sunday fixture this week (£££££ SUPER SOCCER SUNDAY SPECIAL ON SKY SPORTS! £££)

That said, it worked against us far more as a EUROPA team. The worst being a Thursday game nearer China than the UK, back mid day Friday with a Saturday lunchtime KO away at Chelsea. Still seething about that one.

The travel is worse. CL we go to Milan, Madrid, Turin - EUROPA weve been from the far east of europe all the way to the arctic bloody circle.

Plastic pitches. Boggy pitches. Pitches with a potato patch in the centre circle (possibly not true, but not 100% sure).

Teams so poor they just kick lumps out of you. Refs so poor they let them.

It just goes on. There is no comparison to the CL.

It is long, arduous, deflating, tiring and a grind. And then after all that the CL drop outs come in and make it even harder!

I HATE the Europa league. Have done for years. And I maintain it is a trap. It is there to STOP teams progressing, not help them build. It is there to protect the CL regulars from competition, let the monopoly continue...

Back