• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Honestly, most of the time it really does feel like DubaiSpur is a WUM who supports another club, just here to waste Spurs fan's time.

Can't remember the last positive post and not sure what joy he gets out of supporting Spurs, if any.

There's just zero balance.

He's not a wum; I think he does a really good job in adding to the diversity and content on the forum. I disagree with him, but having Dubai here does at least two really useful things; it offers another perspective on events (which is perfectly valid even if I don't agree) and it also allows people who like the current leadership a platform to further explore their ideas and thoughts in a robust environment.

To be honest, it's not black and white either. Given the context that Spurs are in (sugar daddies everywhere) I don't think it's unreasonable to expect some personal investment at all. I just personally don't mind the lack of investment and as someone who has lived in London (especially as a child) through the real brick years, doing well and with our own special way is super attractive.

Don't worry. Remember, once the stadium is finished we can refinance all the debts. We then have a mortgage, just like you presumably do. We then make repayments at a rate that suits us. The stadium sponsorship will cover it.

Imagine if the stadium costs £750m

Imagine if we get £150m per year from the Premier League and TV like below; suddenly it is not so scary. Not as scary as your mortgage on your house.

Add in Champions League money and the revenue from the new stadium. And our tiny wage bill.

2017-18-PL-Payments-to-Clubs-Article-FINAL.png
Some of those assumptions are a bit dodgy, eg tv revenues could decline dramatically from the next round and qualification for the CL is far from being a given.

You need a big fat reliable income stream to pay off a mortgage that size.

This is only going to change, there will be more money for wages.

We are Harry Kane, born in August so have to overachieve to compete against older (wealthier / doped) competitors.When the age gap no longer mattered it made Kane the better player as he’d had to scrap and work harder to keep up. When the new stadium comes and we can strengthen the depth of our squad to buy players ready made for the first eleven, coupled with the experience the core of the team have gained in not quite winning a cup I think we will slingshot last our rivals.

I have some very good friends who I attend matches with who are very down over the last two windows - I’m not saying I couldn’t give a list of 5 or 6 players I think we can upgrade on but we are sitting 2 points off City without having our best x1 available all season. The austerity due to the stadium is a long term plan to enable us to compete without a Poch performing miracles but in the case of my friends at least they seem to be worried about something that hasn’t happened yet, i.e our performances regress over the season. We have a difficult month to get through and post that there is no reason for us to finish stronger than we have already started. I’m still not sure if Poch is being stubborn (which is his right) about who he wants to sign as any signing would have been good PR.
IF the austerity doesn’t end when the stadium is delivered, then I think we all as fans can question ENIC’s plans for us and Poch’s continued motivation to stay, but as it stands I see the two most important people at the club aligned in their view for the future in a sport where most other clubs are taking anincreasingly short term view.

Love this first part! On the second though, I've seen lots of posters and even Poch himself say that we have no excuse for not spending once we move in. But I'm worried that we still won't spend on account of the new found debts we'll be under, even at Arsenal they gave themselves an austerity, they were still paying much more in wages but they really did cut back on transfer fees.

Isn't it more realistic to say that this will go on for at least four or five seasons and possibly, with Levy being levy, a good while longer than that?

But if a striker had 2 or 3 good seasons they're £70m.

True, but we had the opportunity (apparently) to sign Suarez for £16m and he ended up going to Liverpool for £22m in the end. That was the chance to sign a player who'd proved himself in that league over a longer period. Think seeing what his stubbornness cost us was a big motivation for Levy' paying for Janssen

Some of those assumptions are a bit dodgy, eg tv revenues could decline dramatically from the next round and qualification for the CL is far from being a given.

You need a big fat reliable income stream to pay off a mortgage that size.
We built it without CL money, hoping to try and get into CL. Levy is prudent. The mortgage is not the full amount I stated. We are good. Chill.

Love this first part! On the second though, I've seen lots of posters and even Poch himself say that we have no excuse for not spending once we move in. But I'm worried that we still won't spend on account of the new found debts we'll be under, even at Arsenal they gave themselves an austerity, they were still paying much more in wages but they really did cut back on transfer fees.

Isn't it more realistic to say that this will go on for at least four or five seasons and possibly, with Levy being levy, a good while longer than that?

True, but we had the opportunity (apparently) to sign Suarez for £16m and he ended up going to Liverpool for £22m in the end. That was the chance to sign a player who'd proved himself in that league over a longer period. Think seeing what his stubbornness cost us was a big motivation for Levy' paying for Janssen
IF that does happen, re continued austerity then we have a right to complain. If additional revenue is used to accelerate paying off the stadium then the team will get left behind, Poch will go and all the not nice knock on things that go with that would affect the club and ENIC. Until we get to that stage and we can assess it there is no reason to expect it will.

Re Suarez, apparently Levy offered him to Redknapp and in a rare show of accountability Redknapp said he turned him down because he though he was too similar to VDV. He also said Levy offered him VdV so although I think displays of brinksmanship and an inability to take losses as well as hits by Levy have cost us transfers, we will never really know who is responsible for the total lack of incomings as Poch may have turned Rabiot because he’s got a bad aura.

Suarez was 2011...different times £ wise.

We built it without CL money, hoping to try and get into CL. Levy is prudent. The mortgage is not the full amount I stated. We are good. Chill.
In the run up to breaking ground and the initial development stage the club spent £240m out of its own resources and then a further £100m from an initial £200m interim finance agreement.

We negotiated another £400m lending facility to push forward with the main part of the build around the end of 2017 season....think this had a 5year term.

Then at the start of this season have added another £237m to that facility.......not sure why? (Most obviously to get the effing thing finished)

This is all confirmed stuff....so the total bill is nearly £1bn with £240m alreadyaccounted for and possibly a bit more depending on repayments or restructuring. So for arguments sake let's say we've paid another £60m.....we're looking at £700m to re-finance once the build is signed off.

Let's hope interest rates hold to their historical lows when we come to lock, a now substantial, debt into a long term structure.

Looking at the figures, it does feel we're 25%ish over budget and perhaps that cuts deep with Levy (although he has gone for the best of the best).

We have ended up with a fantastic facility, and a final thing I'll add is the NFL tie-up has fantastic leverage when looking to make potential financiers comfortable.

He's not a wum; I think he does a really good job in adding to the diversity and content on the forum. I disagree with him, but having Dubai here does at least two really useful things; it offers another perspective on events (which is perfectly valid even if I don't agree) and it also allows people who like the current leadership a platform to further explore their ideas and thoughts in a robust environment.

To be honest, it's not black and white either. Given the context that Spurs are in (sugar daddies everywhere) I don't think it's unreasonable to expect some personal investment at all. I just personally don't mind the lack of investment and as someone who has lived in London (especially as a child) through the real brick years, doing well and with our own special way is super attractive.

Ah, you probably overestimate me, mate. :p

Joking aside, I assume you're replying to @nayenezgani again. It's pretty amusing that he's now gone to hopping around red in the face, calling me whatever comes into his head.

He's the only person I've put on ignore, and I'm glad he's apparently still around, perpetually outraged at everyone with a different opinion in his role as GG's unpaid, unwanted forum police. You do you, fella. ;)

Ah, you probably overestimate me, mate. :p

Joking aside, I assume you're replying to @nayenezgani again. It's pretty amusing that he's now gone to hopping around red in the face, calling me whatever comes into his head.

He's the only person I've put on ignore, and I'm glad he's apparently still around, perpetually outraged at everyone with a different opinion in his role as GG's unpaid, unwanted forum police. You do you, fella. ;)

There's not much point in replying really, but I am happy to disagree with people. I've been consistent in my point that what I can't stomach is constant negativity.

@DubaiSpur brings his vitriol against Levy into almost every discussion he has, I can barely remember a post from him where it wasn't the basis of his contention.

The lack of balance kills me, but I've been over it countless times now. All it does is see me labelled forum police or Spurs PR.

I'm happiest when supporters temper their negativity or disappointment with the occasional show of true support or joy when things are going well.

It's Dubai's absenses when times are really good that are most telling, it's almost sinister.

Anyway, I'll leave it there.

Last edited:
Really disappointed Pochettino failed to sign any new players for the second consecutive transfer window. Find it hard to believe that we didn't find any good players even on loan. With us lacking in squad depth, not sure how we can fight for the league title every season. We have become too predictable for our opponents as our first 11 have been virtually the same for the last 3 years or so.

Really disappointed Pochettino failed to sign any new players for the second consecutive transfer window. Find it hard to believe that we didn't find any good players even on loan. With us lacking in squad depth, not sure how we can fight for the league title every season. We have become too predictable for our opponents as our first 11 have been virtually the same for the last 3 years or so.
How do you square that with us setting records of points totals along the season? Doing that despite having a very tough CL group and getting through a very tough league cup run to the semi finals, despite our stadium and injury problems.

I trust Poch. Hand on heart, I do - I also remember the days when I was younger, when I was resigned to never seeing a Spurs team that fought, that struggled, that had a spine and a heart.

Then BMJ came in, and that was the very first time I saw a Spurs side that actually seemed to care - that fought as one, that bled as one, and that made us roar into the stars above.

And Poch has built that again - again, and better. So I trust Poch, and I love the man more than I've let on to most of you.

I want him to stay for twenty years. I want him to win the things we could scarce dream of winning, back in the days when we were crap and all the world laughed at us for what we were. I want him to bellow that laugh of his, on a sunny spring day as the confetti flies, the air shimmers and a warm sun shines down on 60,000 fans united in bliss....having reached the promised land at long last. The mountaintop...here for all to see.

But it's just hard to see him and the team fall at the last hurdle, again and again and again. And always left thinking that just one good player might have changed things - just one moment of daring, of risk, of backing.

I know Poch has accepted our limitations, and that he wants the right player but wants to save what we have for one. But why, oh why, have ENIC coldly imposed those limitations on the very best manager we've had in fifty long years?

Why does Poch *need* to save for whom he wants? Why can't we go out and say 'for once, you don't have to buy a damn chair - here's your sofa'?
Isn't your issue mainly with Lewis, not Levy then? How much money does Levy actually have? How much would you expect him to personally invest?

I like what we are doing.
True audere est facere spirit.
Will be a stunning achievement if we end up 3rd at the end of this season.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Fapatalk

So it’s better that our title rivals pick up points instead?

When we were mid table brick arsenal certainly didn’t mind us taking points of United on the rare occasion it happened.

He does say some silly stuff at times.

How do you square that with us setting records of points totals along the season? Doing that despite having a very tough CL group and getting through a very tough league cup run to the semi finals, despite our stadium and injury problems.

Yep.

And it should be restated that there are no guarantees when signing a player.

It’s certainly not a given that any one player will have an immediate impact. And we’re simply not in the position the lines of Liverpool were to spend, what, £200m or more on their squad.

That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try to add when we can, but I’d honestly rather sign no-one than the wrong one.

Yet we are second tonight, despite injuries to our two best players among others, and currently have our highest points total ever. Too predictable indeed. Come on 7891, enjoy life a bit for once and, more importantly, TRUST THE MANAGER!

Back