• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* Another Chelsea game and still no OMT *

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really not confident of Llorente putting in a shift and his imobility hurts our style too much. I'd leave him on the bench and bring him on late if needed.

I'm sticking with a back 3 for this one and an unorthodox front 3 knowing they will get supporting runs from Winks, Rose and Aurier.

---------------Lloris----------------
----Toby ---David----Verts----
-Aurier--Dier--Winks--Rose-
--------------Eriksen--------------
-------Lamela----Moura--------

Subs: Gazza, KWP, Tripps, Davies, Skipp, Sterling, Llorente

Not much creativity off the bench but (I can't believe I'm saying it), we only need a draw :)

I dreamt we lost 3-0 the other night and it was very meek. Just completely battered.

No worries, deano.

We'll have you smothered as you sleep to ensure Spurs advance.

If you'd be so kind as to forward your address details to the GG Spurs Ninja Enforcement department, we'll see to it that you're humanely disposed of.

If Moura’s not fit would you go for 3 at the back?

For me it’s about getting the best/fittest players on the pitch and hope for the best! We’re also 1up so if we can frustrate them for as long as possible they might panic. They must be relatively low on confidence and their managers just publicly called them out so they’ll start like men possessed but if we can get to HT still in the lead they’ll become more desperate.

I’m not sure they will start like men possessed. They are a bunch of self-centred clams who get through a manager every 18 months or so on average, so they are as likely to down tools as anything else. Here’s hoping, as it’s probably our best chance.

Heart says that we pull a performance and a win out of the fire, head says we lose - probably as the result of a dodgy late VAR call.

Llorente must start. He will never in the remainder of his career play as badly as he did on Sunday. Fact!
Presumed consumed by a burning desire to atone. Unleash him!
And btw, Winks/Dier midfield fulcrum mandatory.

If Moura’s not fit would you go for 3 at the back?

For me it’s about getting the best/fittest players on the pitch and hope for the best! We’re also 1up so if we can frustrate them for as long as possible they might panic. They must be relatively low on confidence and their managers just publicly called them out so they’ll start like men possessed but if we can get to HT still in the lead they’ll become more desperate.

If Moura's not available/fit then his hand is forced to a back 3, unless he plays Sterling. As above though, I think either formation is equally likely however given a back 4 worked in teh first leg, I'd stick to it on Thurs

If Moura's not available/fit then his hand is forced to a back 3, unless he plays Sterling. As above though, I think either formation is equally likely however given a back 4 worked in teh first leg, I'd stick to it on Thurs
It worked in that we won, but we didn’t play well, or anything like it. Maybe playing 3 at the back would have meant we played even worse and ultimately lost, but I wouldn’t hold the performance in the first leg up as some sort of template on how to play personally.

I don't expect anything extravagant in terms of team selection against Chelsea but I wondered if for the Palace game we might see more that 2 full backs on the pitch considering we are well stocked in that area at the moment.

There's no reason we couldn't line up with a 4411 with Serge and Davies as legit full backs and Trips and Rose further up (KWP also). It would give a chance to rest Winks or an AM (Eriksen) for a game before the next league game.

I emphasise I wouldn't risk this for tomorrow but the 4 games in 10 days is really gonna push the remaining players so might be an idea for the Palace game.

Moura and Sissoko both back in the squad - We got this COYS

Lucas Moura and Moussa Sissoko are back in the frame for our Carabao Cup semi-final, second leg at Chelsea on Thursday night (7.45pm).

Both players have returned to training. Lucas, eight goals this season, has missed three matches after picking up a knee injury in the FA Cup win at Tranmere on 4 January. Moussa, in fine form this season, has recovered from a groin injury sustained against Manchester United on 13 January.

The good news continues with Victor Wanyama (knee) also back in training.

Eric Dier also returned to action at Fulham on Sunday after five weeks out - timely boosts for Mauricio Pochettino having lost Harry Kane (ankle), Dele Alli (hamstring) and Heung-Min Son (international duty). Dele and Harry are now in the initial stages of rehabilitation.

Speaking after training on Wednesday, Mauricio told us: “I think it’s good news that Moussa and Lucas are going to be in contention and Victor has started to join the group. The manager and coaches always want their players to be available.”

u23_ps_kazaiahstering.png

Start this guy upfront? Or against Pallace?

He has pace. @Yoof has he got sufficient composure and skill?

Why not.. worth a chance.Poch did say injuries give up and coming players a chance!
Whats his name....

Back