• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*Official OMT Tottenham v Fulham*

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I did think Poch would go Winks with Alli moved back there. But it seems he’s talking about Alli as a false 9, so maybe Skipp gets another start.
If anyone was going to move back I’d prefer it to be Eriksen. Firstly because Eriksen is the better of the two deeper, and also because Deles great strength is his running so prefer him to do it further up the pitch where he can really hurt teams. It’s always very interchangeable anyway so I guess it’s not a massive deal who starts where anyway.....

Anyone else heading to Fulham today, any recommendations of pubs that will be designated to away fans, although I have a ticket in the 'neutral' stand so I assume all pubs are possible

If anyone was going to move back I’d prefer it to be Eriksen. Firstly because Eriksen is the better of the two deeper, and also because Deles great strength is his running so prefer him to do it further up the pitch where he can really hurt teams. It’s always very interchangeable anyway so I guess it’s not a massive deal who starts where anyway.....
I just feel Dele has more experience playing deeper mid. That’s where he started for us, and he played starting from there for MK.

Eriksen and Winks feels a little lightweight to me!

That said, Poch will probably play Lamela there, so who knows!!! :)

Anyone else heading to Fulham today, any recommendations of pubs that will be designated to away fans, although I have a ticket in the 'neutral' stand so I assume all pubs are possible

We usually go Putney Bridge and drink along the high street, never been a problem getting in to pubs being an away fan round there

I just feel Dele has more experience playing deeper mid. That’s where he started for us, and he played starting from there for MK.

Eriksen and Winks feels a little lightweight to me!

That said, Poch will probably play Lamela there, so who knows!!! :)

Eriksen has been playing reasonably deep most of this season.

I dont think he would do that. My teams that i select are obviously what i would do.

But that poster wasnt laughing at that, he was simply laughing cos i believe lloris' time is done.

Its time for people to wake up from the illusion that he's one of the best in the world. He was once but there has been an alarming decline over the last few years.

I for one (much like with trippier) have had enough of these players costing us and would rather we had players starting ahead of them who do not cost us.

Costing us?

If we win today we’ll have our highest PL points total after 23 games. We’re outperforming against our own benchmark.

Sure, there have been individual mistakes and games we could have won but that’s the same for all teams.

Sounds like you’re after perfection, which is the moon in a stick.

Costing us?

If we win today we’ll have our highest PL points total after 23 games. We’re outperforming against our own benchmark.

Sure, there have been individual mistakes and games we could have won but that’s the same for all teams.

Sounds like you’re after perfection, which is the moon in a stick.

Here here. Its refreshing to see that despite a ten year break from this site, the rhetoric is still the same in some quarters. Players under Poch are encouraged to express themselves, and to play a system that pivots almost entirely on recycling the ball if there is no option on. As a result, players are expected to push into attacking positions, look for a pass, and then if they can't find one, go back and start again. This doesn't always work, and at times it distorts possession figures to make it look like we are dominating a team, when actually we're just not having a lot of luck breaking them down - but it does mean that we are often running the gauntlet where mistakes are concerned. We have made a lot more defensive mistakes this season than in previous years, but the overall picture, in terms of the league, cups etc, is a quantifiable improvement.

Basically I've just written a load of stuff that could be translated into one sentence - get used to the mistakes because the overall picture is better.

After the disappointing defeat to ManU, we need to get back to winning ways. This is another must-win match for us. Our defeat to ManU means we are only 4 points ahead of ManU who are in 6th place now. We badly need to win this match to stay in the top 4 race. It will be another tough London derby against promoted Fulham. We do have a good record against them, winning our last 4 matches against them in all competitions, including beating them 3-1 at home earlier in the season. We need to make use of our good record against them to get the much needed win in this match.

This will be a real test of our character without Kane in this match. Obviously, it is going to be difficult without Kane and Son in attack. Kane's injury have come at a very bad time for us. Pochettino needs to pick the right players in attack to help us get the win. Wish Moura is fit for this match. If he is not, then our options will be limited in attack. We have to rely on inspiration from Alli, Eriksen, Lamela and Llorente to help us get the goals. All have been inconsistent this season but we have to hope they will be at their best in this match. We always win when Alli scores. So, hope Alli will score in this match. Eriksen needs to lift his game to help us as well. Lamela started the season in great goal scoring form. It will help us greatly if he can score in this match. Llorente did well to get the hattrick against Tranmere in the FA Cup. Let's hope he will be boosted by that.

You have to be worried about our midfield. With Dembele sold to China, Wanyama, Dier and Sissoko out injured, out options seems limited in midfield. Winks is our only fit midfielder now. Wish Dier can come back and play with Winks in midfield. Or maybe we can play either Sanchez or Foyth in midfield. Somehow, don't like us playing Skipp as his lack of experience will be exploited by Fulham.

Our defence seem at full strength now. It is good to see Vertonghen returning from injury. But he looked rusty against ManU. Hope Vertonghen can get back his best form and work with Alderweireld to keep our defence tight. Lloris too needs to be alert all the time as he was partly at fault for ManU's goal last season. Will prefer Rose and Davies starting as Trippier seems to be getting too error-prone. With due respect to Fulham, it will be disappointing if we don't keep the clean sheet in this match.

Top 4 race suddenly seems very tight now. We cannot afford to drop any points against any bottom teams as our rivals can make use of that. We have great record against promoted teams under Pochettino but did lose to Wolves. Let's hope we will continue out good record against promoted teams by beating Fulham to stay in the top 4 race.

Everybody dance now!

It is going to be interesting which team Pochettino picks without Kane in attack against Fulham. It is going to be a tense match as Fulham are desperate to win in their relegation battle. We need to get an early goal to help us settle our nerves and then go for more goals to kill the game off. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Fulham to stay in the top 4 race.

Cannot believe we went from being in a title race to within 4 points of 6th. We need to pull our finger out and put away our chances.

Cannot believe we went from being in a title race to within 4 points of 6th. We need to pull our finger out and put away our chances.

No surprise!
This is the financial gap in play. Nothing more, no need for angst, no lobbing Andy Pandy into the corner of the room. Reality bites!

Back