• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

I don't blame Dembele for taking the China option. Who knows how much he has stashed away to last him. A lot of money in a short time, and culturally, probably fairly interesting. Could set him up nicely for the rest of his life.

Completely disagree. You cannot carry a player in your squad who is only able to play for short periods of time, gets injured often and then takes a while to come back from injury. That is especially the case when the player is one of your bigger earners and taking up an overseas player spot.

My thoughts as well, he had ability no doubt about that but he always left me with the thought that he could have done so much more with that ability. Breaking down those stats above show he averaged 65 minutes per game and that was the problem he was never fit enough to do more.

Wish him well in his move.

Watched his official spurs goodbye videos and then a couple of his best bits on youtube. There is no question of his fantastic strength, skill, determination and hard work but whilst viewing, I remembered over the years, numerous frustrations wondering why he didn't release earlier, Pass to x who was open, or bloody shooooooooooot.

It left me feeling a little sadness as we'll not seeing him trot out anymore but also tinged with the regret he didn't make that last step into the worlds top 10 players. I'm sure the Injuries were a major factor in him not getting there and also his choice to gain one last payoff in a league he'll probably play injury free in.

Good on you Moose, Well deserved and I hope to see you return at the end of the season to pickup some silverware :)

Really top class player, sad he's gone but its the right thing for all parties. Hope he does well in China and earns some loot; similarly, hope we get another body in

Beast of a player, can remember multiple games where we have been on the ropes and he gets the ball any you just relax, Mousa’s got this!

I’m never wrong, but sometimes I may be less right

He made football look almost effortless - at his peak, he was simply balletic, twirling and twisting his way through countless challenges with an easy grace and a thrumming, barely constrained sense of power.

One of the greatest regrets I'll have about this era at Spurs is that Poch came too late to really mould him into what he could have been. He could have been the best central midfielder in world football, bar absolutely none.

But, nonetheless, I'll remember him not for what he wasn't, but for what he was. And what he was proved enough to make watching him play worth it by itself, never mind the rest of the team.

Adios, Mousa. And godspeed.

A virtually impossible skillset to replace - he'll be missed hugely.

How many other midfielders regularly dribble centrally from deep, tackle that well, press that well, and also have the vision and ability to be an elite passer too?

I can only think of players with some of those attributes who could be converted to a Dembele.

Quite often the last man hurtling back to intercept and tackle when we lost possession too. A rare burst of speed and power.

He made football look almost effortless - at his peak, he was simply balletic, twirling and twisting his way through countless challenges with an easy grace and a thrumming, barely constrained sense of power.

One of the greatest regrets I'll have about this era at Spurs is that Poch came too late to really mould him into what he could have been. He could have been the best central midfielder in world football, bar absolutely none.

But, nonetheless, I'll remember him not for what he wasn't, but for what he was. And what he was proved enough to make watching him play worth it by itself, never mind the rest of the team.

Adios, Mousa. And godspeed.
Well said.

Back