• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Is Parrot ready?
Kane injury gives youth a chance
By Matt Law Football News Correspondent

Troy Parrott celebrates scoring against Barcelona in the Uefa Youth League in December

Harry Kane’s ankle injury has shed new light on Tottenham Hotspur’s relative paucity of striker options, but it could hand an opportunity to another one of the club’s youngsters.

Given that Son Heung-min is also away with South Korea at the Asia Cup, it
caused mild surprise that manager Mauricio Pochettino was so quick to write off any hope of Vincent Janssen being given a chance to impress.

Janssen remains a liked figure around Tottenham, but insiders believe Pochettino would rather promote 16-year-old Troy Parrott than reconsider his decision to make the Dutchman available for transfer.

Parrott was given a place in the travelling squad for the game against Leicester City in December and he is rated as the youngster most likely to next step off the Spurs production line after Oliver Skipp.

Even though he did not get on the bench for the Leicester game, Pochettino name-checked Parrott after the 2-0 success and hinted he could be set for a chance in the event of injuries.

Pochettino said: “All the players that we have in the squad, the younger ones like Oliver Skipp or Troy Parrott, who was involved today for the first time, it's because they're involved in the first team during days, during weeks, during months, and it's only to give the possibility to play.

“I don't doubt and I am not worried about players who are injured or don't perform in their best, because we have another who can replace them. I promise we are going to win or lose with one or another.”

While Pochettino’s team lost to Manchester Unitedand Kane suffered an ankle injury, Parrott underlined his talent at the weekend by scoring twice and creating another goal for Tottenham’s Under-18 side in a 4-1 victory over Brighton.

Last summer, Parrott scored three goals for Republic of Ireland in the European Under-17 Championship, finishing joint second in the goalscoring cards to only Yorbe Vertessen of Belgium and Italy’s Edoardo Vergani.

I don't think Llorente is about to step up and be our savior. Unfortunately. Sure he may have got 15 goals from 30 or so appearances at Swansea, but prior to that you have to go back to 2013-14 for a decent return in league games.
Now he is 33, very slow, and essentially a 15 minute replacement for Kane/tactical impact sub, at best. Not a 90 mins replacement for Kane. I'd rather have Janssen - who is younger, stronger, and even (possibly) quicker. Until such times as Son is available again.

Lamela might be an option - but I really think with current player injuries, this could really cause us a problem regardless of who we are playing.

So Llorente up top Sunday, place for Troy on the bench maybe. Foyth as a DM possibly, so something like
-----------------Lloris-----------
------Toby---Sanchez---Verts
Trippier--------------------Rose
------Winks---Foyth---Eriksen
------------------Dele-------------
----------------Llorente----------

Subs: Gazza/Aurier/Davies/Skipp/Parrot/Marsh/Dier

So Llorente up top Sunday, place for Troy on the bench maybe. Foyth as a DM possibly, so something like
-----------------Lloris-----------
------Toby---Sanchez---Verts
Trippier--------------------Rose
------Winks---Foyth---Eriksen
------------------Dele-------------
----------------Llorente----------

With out best CF out and second best one in the UAE, I wouldn't play 6 defenders! Need Lamela or, ideally Moura given he's more of a goalscorer, in there. I agree though that we'll need players like Dele to play off of Llorente

With out best CF out and second best one in the UAE, I wouldn't play 6 defenders! Need Lamela or, ideally Moura given he's more of a goalscorer, in there. I agree though that we'll need players like Dele to play off of Llorente
How did I miss Lamela! May seem defensive but Rose and Trippier would mainly attack. Replace Foyth with Winks and put Lamela in then, looks decent to me.

PS Janssen has got 7 goals for his national side and 17 caps. I think it is ridiculous that Poch won't at least put him on the bench if he is fit.
I’ve watched a few of the internationals he’s played in the last year and he’s been very good performance wise. Look at Niasse at Everton, he was left out in the cold but was bought back in from adversity and popped up with a few goals. He would be handy for a few games for sure....

However I do think some are going OTT you kanes injury - we’ve done this dance before, and more than once with kane. We have as good a record without Kane if not better. Yes Son is also missing but it’s more that Poch has made this team stronger than just one of our star players. He always finds a way when Kane is missing and I’ve no doubt he will again. Also bear in mind the opposition won’t have a clue how we’re lining up so can’t plan so well. Relax - Poch got this....

Was always liable to happen and the chance we took trying to keep the squad to a bare minimum.

Season effectively over as I dont see us being left in any of the cup competitions by the time he returns. We wont buy anybody in as cover and will just try and get by.

I mean, this is Tottenham, once we heard Son was off to Asia you just knew there was a big chance it might happen. And in true Spurs-style it took literally 20 mins from Son leaving the field.

If Janssen has no chance of making a matchday squad, i wonder if this could an oppurtunity for Sterling to make the odd bench here and there

However I do think some are going OTT you kanes injury - we’ve done this dance before, and more than once with kane. We have as good a record without Kane if not better. Yes Son is also missing but it’s more that Poch has made this team stronger than just one of our star players. He always finds a way when Kane is missing and I’ve no doubt he will again. Also bear in mind the opposition won’t have a clue how we’re lining up so can’t plan so well. Relax - Poch got this....

Son is away until the 2nd feb

Yes it’s 5 games but there is only Chelsea in there in and around us in the league to play

Back