• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

A bit. But what should Poch have done in the last 4 weeks? Resting Sissoko was never going to happen.
Winks and Skipp have done us proud but both are not that combative, are they?
Winks is quite combative, but lacks the athleticism Sissoko brings. Winks has played just about everything recently. The only options Poch had was playing Skipp, moving a defender to midfield or a more attacking midfielder deeper. He gambled on playing Sissoko that much, but it's not a mistake just because he got injured. That gamble is taking a risk of an increased probability of injury, if it was a certainty he wouldn't have played.

Dont really agree with the general point that we have a shallow squad. People often talk about an ideal/large squad size of two per position, plus some kids. We have:

- we have 3 GKs
- we have 4 senior FBs plus a youngster
- we have 4 CBs
- we have senior 5 CMs (Dier, Sissoko, Wanyama, Winks, Dembele) plus a youngster
- we have 5 attackers/wingers/no 10s (plus one useless young player in GKN)
- we have 1 CF (plus a couple who have been less effective).

Only real problem is that our two back-up CFs haven't been effective and we have a lot of injuries in CM.

So I'm not really sure that its shallow

I agree is not shallow at all, the problem is we seem to have had more injurys to several players then we have had over previous seasons.

We knew we had problems with Wanyama and Dembele last Summer.
When Dier went we were at risk when Sissoko went on Sunday have been left with big problems.
Our problems go back to last summer with no Dembele replacement.

Skipp and Winksy bless’um will have to grow up even quicker in the next month or so!

I agree is not shallow at all, the problem is we seem to have had more injurys to several players then we have had over previous seasons.

Lloris/Gazzinga/English Kid/Old Pro

Trippier/KWP/Rose/Davies
Foyth/Sanchez/Jan/New LCB
Winks/Dier/Sissoko/Skipp/New Box to Box Mid
Eriksen/Lamela/Moura/Son/Dele/New Son Mk2
Kane

+ one youngster for the future

Would be my hope for next year / as far as we can get in Jan

Lloris/Gazzinga/English Kid/Old Pro

Trippier/KWP/Rose/Davies
Foyth/Sanchez/Jan/New LCB
Winks/Dier/Sissoko/Skipp/New Box to Box Mid
Eriksen/Lamela/Moura/Son/Dele/New Son Mk2
Kane

+ one youngster for the future

Would be my hope for next year / as far as we can get in Jan

Fair points, to be honest i do not see us doing much this month on the signing point as its not the best time to bring players in. There are not many top players who come avaiable this time of the year and i see not point in bringing in a player who is just going to make the numbers up.

We knew we had problems with Wanyama and Dembele last Summer.
When Dier went we were at risk when Sissoko went on Sunday have been left with big problems.
Our problems go back to last summer with no Dembele replacement.

Skipp and Winksy bless’um will have to grow up even quicker in the next month or so!

I feel sorry for Winks, often left as one at the moment, left to battle it out on his own.

Fair points, to be honest i do not see us doing much this month on the signing point as its not the best time to bring players in. There are not many top players who come available this time of the year and i see not point in bringing in a player who is just going to make the numbers up.

Agree - In an ideal world

Malcom & Ndombele = £100 mill
LCB - Somebody bit more of a risk

Think we could get those deals done, but those may not be the players Poch likes and as far as im concerned short of burning down the new stadium he can do what he wants

Back