• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Manureskjaer

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Again, the difference is Chelsea don't have a prolific striker and focal point for our attacks like we have. If they did, that performance vs Chelsea - where their midfield dominated ours - would likely not go unpunished.

Sadly, we have at least 3 teams with better cm options than us...now we may be missing our main world class striker, the inability to control posession via a dominant CM may count against us...we shall see...
Yes but if Chelsea had swapped one of their attacking trio for a true centre forward to act as a focal point then they probably would’ve lost what it was that allowed them to have such an advantage in possession and territory in the first place (i.e. always having the extra midfielder).

First of all, as I said, I rarely coat a player. I like to give them chances. I have kept my counsel on Tripps this season, despite his having made a fair few mistakers, having got caught too many times this season and generally not playing well.

That being said, yes. You are correct. I do blame him for this specific situation. He is now one of our experienced players. Aa such, he should NOT be risking passes like that. He could've turned around and lumped it back to Lloris. He'd have been better off over-hitting a pass into a channel. But to play a square ball that high up when your only defender back there is Verts and your covering player just went off (bear in mind the adjustment to cover would have come at HT), and yes, I blame him. 400%. Because he was at fault.

"The new Sissoko"? Don't make me laugh. Not even close.
Seeing as we're here though, do explain to me what Pochettino could've done in that 5 minute spell, save screaming at the team not to let Trippps over the halfway line until HT??

This is all with the benifit of hindsight. Seeing as we're here, Poch could have told Trippier to stay back. Or the back 4 to drop off, or the whole team to come a bit deeper. Or Alli or Eriksen to sit infront of the back 4.

Trippier would never have played that ball if he'd known it was going to be intercepted.

This is all with the benifit of hindsight. Seeing as we're here, Poch could have told Trippier to stay back. Or the back 4 to drop off, or the whole team to come a bit deeper. Or Alli or Eriksen to sit infront of the back 4.

Trippier would never have played that ball if he'd known it was going to be intercepted.

But he played a similar ball vs wolves

Lamela always calls for the ball, whether he is marked or not.

I think Trips looked up and thought yeah but no but realistically I mean ok then if you insist OH NO WHAT HAVE I DONE

Clearly a big rooster up in those two seconds

Should have nobbled Pogba to stop the pass

Perhaps Verts could have dropped or played offside

Lloris was scampering back to his goal and went a fraction too far over. He got a hand in it and pushed it into the corner of the goal

It was a decent performance though

Just a shame about the HurriKane

Flog him. No one makes mistakes ever. I'm not a huge fan, but pinning the blame solely on Trippier's shoulders isn't fair.

It’s not as others have made mistakes

I thought he was excellent vs Chelsea

Problem is if you keep on making the same mistakes ....

And it’s not like we don’t have alternatives

It’s not as others have made mistakes

I thought he was excellent vs Chelsea

Problem is if you keep on making the same mistakes ....

And it’s not like we don’t have alternatives
Do we though? Appears Aurier is out for other reasons and Poch seems reluctant fully to trust KWP against the big boys.

So, who else?

The more I think of this game - the angrier I get. The sheer volume of insulting press coverage deigning to mention that Pogba only became a factor for a very short period when Sissoko got injured is nauseating. I really hope we get this Utd team in the FA Cup. I WANT A REMATCH!! A team gets 3 points due to a blinder of a goal keeping performance and Spurs get insulted... DAMN!

I hope Pochettino sits the players down and have them all watch the 'reviews' by the media.

The more I think of this game - the angrier I get. The sheer volume of insulting press coverage deigning to mention that Pogba only became a factor for a very short period when Sissoko got injured is nauseating. I really hope we get this Utd team in the FA Cup. I WANT A REMATCH!! A team gets 3 points due to a blinder of a goal keeping performance and Spurs get insulted... DAMN!

I hope Pochettino sits the players down and have them all watch the 'reviews' by the media.
Of all the top 6 teams they would be the ones I’d fancy us to beat the most in a cup final.

Obviously Tripper shouldn't have tried to make that pass to Winks. It's not the pass itself, it's a fantastic piece of closing by Lingard (?) who see's it sprints back and cuts it out. Winks is calling for it, but Tripper is unsure, looks forward then passes too late inside. Sissoko would have been closer to him to recieved an easier pass. When a player has just come off, keep it tight at the back for the couple of minutes until HT, drop off a little, get a few players back, that has to come from the manager. After the poor pass there is still a lot to do, but we need a scape goat, so Trippier it is.
And also goes to show how valuable Sissoko is by doing dobl simple things like providing an outlet.

He had a chance, middle of the goal, De Gea I think was on his line or thereabouts, and he fluffed it. Harry scores far more than he misses, Llorente does nothing unless the opposition centre-halves live on pasties.

We're unlucky Moura is out injured I guess, he might have come on and nicked a goal today.
Llorente hasn't gotten a run of games, and in the few he started he had been all you would want a backup striker to be. I think you may be surprised, if he fills in for harry.

Not really.

He laid on a chance for Kane with the headed knock back, nearly put Kane in with the chipped pass after great chest control and had the chance he missed.

All in about 10 mins. It didn’t come off for him, just like it didn’t for the rest of the team today.

This. I'm not sure what more you can ask for from a backup striker.

Back