• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Manureskjaer

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don’t agree Sissoko going off was the over riding factor. We created much more in the second half. The main factor was our poor finishing, we easily had enough chances to win the game....

It was 0-1, not a thrashing.

A poor error on Trippiers part, the sort of thing taken for granted by everyone else and so caught them out. Trippier has the quality for the team to EXPECT him to make those passes, when he didnt we were a step off.

Second half Sissoko goes off and we get 11 actual footballers on the pitch and the difference is night and day.

We create enough opportunities to win the game many times over, and contrive to put every one of them down De Geas throat.

Im yet to get on the usual sites, but Im assuming he is world class again today? We made him look good, but we also made it easy on him.

Broadly Im not THAT disappointed, we played well, we should have won, it was a tight result.

Also, silver lining and all that, with Ole outwitting (sniggers) Poch, maybe he just went to the top of the pile for the Utd job?

Love to know the percentage figure that Man u tv.... oh sorry sky sports showed the Utd bench,Solskaer,Fergie in the crowd,the Utd fans and the deep throating of Tyler/Neville of Utd performance ,the talk of Poch going to Utd and Redknapp love in with Pogba yesterday.....impartial it was like CNN talking down Trump every day.....

Still really annoyed by yesterday, with better finishing we win that game. The likes of Dele and Kane didn't have their shooting boots on. Trippier for me has regressed, perhaps his good world cup has made him overconfident.

The thing that gets me is the constant chopping and changing of our full backs. I think with previous seasons we used to ask a lot of them, these days they aren't bombing up and down like seasons gone by. Maybe that's partly down to ability but surely they can manage a few games on the spin. Rose really needs to be playing every week. We are so much better attacking wise. He needs to stick with a prefered right back. I am not Auriers biggest fan, however, Trippiers form is poor at the moment.

Its a major worry with Sissoko & Kane being injured. Dier is back in training so hopefully, he is ready to come back into the team. How unlucky can you get with the Kane injury? I have resigned myself to a 4-week layoff for Kane. How typical that Son has gone away at the worst possible time. We will have to stick Llorente up top or even play a false 9 with Moura (if fit)

Utd are now 7 points behind and it could so easily have been 10 and we would be fairly confident of securing our place at the top table again. Now with the injuries and 7 points. once loss and they win its down to a measly 4. We need to keep them at an arms length as i don't think we have the mentality to keep our nerve.

Currently feeling very down about things, more so the Kane injury.

It allows for his mistakes too, they are less costly when there are numbers to cover.

A stray pass etc isnt so immediately punished.

For me Trippier is a VERY decent player, in a 5. In a 4 I would rather not play him, he doesnt have the skillset.

Thought Jan was very slow and it looked like he was back a couple of games too early.

Winks played well. Need shooting practice though;)

Well that was a game to forget, we absolutely pumped them second half, the finishing though for me was woeful, as much to blame for the loss as Trips mistake.

Gutted

Well that was a game to forget, we absolutely pumped them second half, the finishing though for me was woeful, as much to blame for the loss as Trips mistake.

Gutted

Absolutely.

And not for the first time either, we quite regularly have these games where every shot is straight at the keeper.

Odd, considering just how good our finishers are.

With Trippiers pass,what was strange he didnt pass it back to Alderweild,because that's the stragey Poch normally uses,he likes his defenders to turn back and start a play again.............with two minutes to go,it was time to ssslow things down,even Winks should have told him to do that instead of holding his hand up for the ball,but thats the lack of time management experience in the player.

Luck?
Most of the shots were on the ground, which played into De Gea's strength.

Also once you miss two, three, five chances then you start to snatch at them.

We started losing our confidence in front of goal and lacked final composure. You could say it was eroded by the slew of missed opportunities.

Really unfortunate but hard to avoid. Conversely if we took one of our early chances in the second half, I'm certain the pressure would have been released and the flood gates would have opened.

Also once you miss two, three, five chances then you start to snatch at them.

We started losing our confidence in front of goal and lacked final composure. You could say it was eroded by the slew of missed opportunities.

Really unfortunate but hard to avoid. Conversely if we took one of our early chances in the second half, I'm certain the pressure would have been released and the flood gates would have opened.

YEP
I was very impressed with us overall but especially in the second half.

With Trippiers pass,what was strange he didnt pass it back to Alderweild,because that's the stragey Poch normally uses,he likes his defenders to turn back and start a play again.............with two minutes to go,it was time to ssslow things down,even Winks should have told him to do that instead of holding his hand up for the ball,but thats the lack of time management experience in the player.

TBF the pass was on to Winks, it was just really badly executed

Frustrating day .. probably should stay away from Spurs & media around it ...

My view

- United is quite agricultural, long ball to runners, hoping to hit us with pace (worked once)
- We should have won, partially needed to be a touch more clinical, partially keeper had a blinder

That said

- Another challenge failed ...
- Squad in general looked tired, just that little bit off .. too many games
- Bench was weak, midfield a real problem especially with Sissoko going down.
- Trippier and Davies have just been poor, that and CM have to get invested in.

On to the next game ...
I don’t understand how a team that completely dominates Man Utd, controls possession, wins the ball back off of them continually and creates numerous chances can be a squad who look tired?

In yesterday's game all that was off was our finishing. We created enough chances to win 2 games, we just failed to take those changes. If we play that game (minus the finishing) on 10 occasions I think we would probably win 6, draw 3 and lose 1.

Last edited:
Back