• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

Took 11 rounds to put Chisora on his arse, mind. And it seems 2 of the 3 judges had Chisora up at the time.

Chisora came in in great shape though. Thought Whyte paced himself better and took over the fight in the late rounds. Was texting my mate through the fight and I thought that Whyte would stop him late. I dunno if that was the plan, but either way, it worked.

Whyte deserves another crack at Joshua imo, he's much improved since the first fight.

Definitely agree and I think it's the natural next fight. I'm sceptical as to whether it'll happen though.

I thought it was very strange how Joshua seemed to be suggesting that the public view it as some sort of mismatch. On the contrary, it's becoming a more dangerous fight all the time for Joshua and I suspect for this reason Hearn might just try to find a way around it...

I am a fan of AJ, but I am not sure he will beat Whyte again, he nearly lost to him first time around. Would be a good fight though

I am a fan of AJ, but I am not sure he will beat Whyte again, he nearly lost to him first time around. Would be a good fight though

I definitely think that, of the two, Whyte is the one who has shown the greater level of improvement. Which by definition would mean that the gap that existed in the first fight has narrowed. It's going to be fascinating finding out by how much, if Mr Hearn lets us.....

Don't know if anyone watched the Warrington/Frampton fight - I watched both - as good as the Whyte/Chisora fight was, the Warrington/Frampton fight was crazy, especially the early rounds.

Interesting rumours about Klitschko/Whyte/Joshua/Miller.

It wouldn't suprise me if there's something in this, because I don't think Hearn's going to let the Joshua/Whyte rematch happen, somehow...

I don't think any of them would fight Kiltschko next. They will all wait for him to have a comeback fight and see what he looks like. If he doesn't look great then watch them all call him out.

I think everyone is waiting to see if Fury Wilder agree to rematch. Then the rest of the fights will fall in line. I don't think Joshua (Or his team) have done themselves any favours lately. Talking about fighters not wanting to fight him but deliberately low balling wilder, and now Whyte etc.

Interesting rumours about Klitschko/Whyte/Joshua/Miller.

It wouldn't suprise me if there's something in this, because I don't think Hearn's going to let the Joshua/Whyte rematch happen, somehow...

I said on here a few months back there are rumours about it, looks like its true.

Apparently though AJ is fighting Whyte, another one to fill Wembley without being that great a fight in my opinion.

AJ definately lost some appeal since Fury went out and fought regardless of money in the states and AJ and Hearn just keep chatting about money.

I don't think any of them would fight Kiltschko next. They will all wait for him to have a comeback fight and see what he looks like. If he doesn't look great then watch them all call him out.

I think everyone is waiting to see if Fury Wilder agree to rematch. Then the rest of the fights will fall in line. I don't think Joshua (Or his team) have done themselves any favours lately. Talking about fighters not wanting to fight him but deliberately low balling wilder, and now Whyte etc.

Apparently Whyte has said he'd be up for it. But then he says that about everything. Agree on Joshua.

I said on here a few months back there are rumours about it, looks like its true.

Apparently though AJ is fighting Whyte, another one to fill Wembley without being that great a fight in my opinion.

AJ definately lost some appeal since Fury went out and fought regardless of money in the states and AJ and Hearn just keep chatting about money.

I hope you're right, I think now is the time for that fight. Fury and Wilder should rematch next, and I think they will. Assuming that happens, I'll smell a rat if Joshua fights anyone but Whyte. The reason I suspect it won't happen is that Hearn knows Whyte will give AJ hell, for relatively little upside...

I think it's easy to forget (as the HW division is so stacked at the moment) that AJ is still a relatively inexperienced fighter within that. His rise to the top level was so short that bar a defining fight against VK (with a good 3/4 rounds where he was open to being knocked over) hes not had much of a schedule.
I can see why Hearn doesn't want the golden goose shot down, so is cautious with his opponents as in a way AJ is still learning on the job (ableit with 3 belts).
The problem is the division is stacked and (although I think AJ would jump in with any of them) Hearn, although being sensible, is making AJ look a ducker.

I think it's easy to forget (as the HW division is so stacked at the moment) that AJ is still a relatively inexperienced fighter within that. His rise to the top level was so short that bar a defining fight against VK (with a good 3/4 rounds where he was open to being knocked over) hes not had much of a schedule.
I can see why Hearn doesn't want the golden goose shot down, so is cautious with his opponents as in a way AJ is still learning on the job (ableit with 3 belts).
The problem is the division is stacked and (although I think AJ would jump in with any of them) Hearn, although being sensible, is making AJ look a ducker.

With the Wilder situation I think it was easier (for both sides) to hide behind the 'difficult negotiation' line. If however, as the rumours suggest, AJ ends up dropping out of the April Wembley date to instead fight Miller, when Whyte was sitting there waiting, it's going to make him look very bad.

Also by the way, if there is any truth in the Klitschko comeback rumours, I think Whyte as an opponent would be a huge gamble for him too. He'd be taking on Joshua's dirty work for him, with a very high risk/reward ratio in my opinion.

Last edited:
Apparently Whyte has said he'd be up for it. But then he says that about everything. Agree on Joshua.

I hope you're right, I think now is the time for that fight. Fury and Wilder should rematch next, and I think they will. Assuming that happens, I'll smell a rat if Joshua fights anyone but Whyte. The reason I suspect it won't happen is that Hearn knows Whyte will give AJ hell, for relatively little upside...

No way Hearn lets AJ fight any of Whyte, Fury, or Wilder. Not unless very one-sided risk-reward. and maybe not even then. Not yet at least.
More likely to make easy to refuse offers to above fighters, then continue to squeeze maximum cash flow from cash cow. AJ vs Parker 2, AJ vs Miller, AJ vs hopeless mandatory contender. etc.
While at same time seeking to gain additional belt by making Whyte vs Wilder, and then transfer to AJ via Whyte vs AJ.

I don't know if AJ cares about his legacy but if he does he should take more control.

No way Hearn lets AJ fight any of Whyte, Fury, or Wilder. Not unless very one-sided risk-reward. and maybe not even then. Not yet at least.
More likely to make easy to refuse offers to above fighters, then continue to squeeze maximum cash flow from cash cow. AJ vs Parker 2, AJ vs Miller, AJ vs hopeless mandatory contender. etc.
While at same time seeking to gain additional belt by making Whyte vs Wilder, and then transfer to AJ via Whyte vs AJ.

I don't know if AJ cares about his legacy but if he does he should take more control.
The only upside of this is that hopefully any boxer who gives a fudge about their legacy will steer well clear of Hearn and leave him scrapping outside Wetherspoons and wearing that suit to court where he/it belong.

Last edited:
I don't think Hearn has complete control of any of these guys minds. If AJ says to him "I want to fight Whyte, make it happen" then it would imo. Likewise, if the fighter just wants to make the most money in the easiest way, then he'll make that happen too.

Ultimately, it's pretty easy for a fighter of AJ's standing to go public and say "I want to fight XYZ, I just needs Eddie Hearn to sort it out."

Back