• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

He always has said he would like to travel and have an adventure, He's also been quoted saying in effect his body is falling apart.
Think he probably fancies a big pay day and a adventure, if i was in his position id so exactly the same.

Option A) Less Money, Sitting on the bench, still winning nothing, under pressure to perform at somewhere like Inter
Option B) Stack load of cash, can enjoy last few years of career being best player on pitch, win the league and be somewhere you wouldnt get recognised and experience a new culture
Yeah, he'll totally blend in. Millions of massive, dark-skinned, 30-year olds with droopy eyes running around there.

5 seasons at Coventry, followed by 5 seasons at Bournemouth = journeyman.

Absolutely. A journeyman isn't some one who moves all the time. It was a craftsman who was skilled but below top level (which was a Master or Maestro). A journeyman could stay in the same job for years or could move from place to place but it was an indicator of level or status rather than of stability.

Absolutely. A journeyman isn't some one who moves all the time. It was a craftsman who was skilled but below top level (which was a Master or Maestro). A journeyman could stay in the same job for years or could move from place to place but it was an indicator of level or status rather than of stability.
Ok.

So 7 seasons between the top two divisions and capped for England = journeyman

Ok.

So 7 seasons between the top two divisions and capped for England = journeyman

Yes. I would say so.

I'm not knocking him, he is a very decent player but there is no way you would call him elite just because he has an England Cap (which is apparently a lower standard than Championship I think I read on a different thread anyway).

Yes. I would say so.

I'm not knocking him, he is a very decent player but there is no way you would call him elite just because he has an England Cap (which is apparently a lower standard than Championship I think I read on a different thread anyway).
It’s a phrase used in footballing terms to dismiss someone’s career.
My point is, being rated at £50m, banging in goals at Premier (“the best league in the world TM”) level, and now getting picked for your country, isn’t something we should be churlish about.

I think most of us would be happy if Wilson was in our squad. He’d deliver more than Llorente and Jansen combined.

The only reason he, and every other striker in the world, wouldn’t be first choice for Spurs or england is that we already have the best striker in the world! :)

If we got Wanyama back fit, sold Dembele, and brought Onomah back from loan...oh and extended Eriksen's contract, would we see that as a successful window? How is Onomah doing in Sheffield?

If we got Wanyama back fit, sold Dembele, and bought Onomah back from loan...oh and extended Eriksen's contract, would we see that as a successful window? How is Onomah doing in Sheffield?

That will not get us closer to our goal

If we got Wanyama back fit, sold Dembele, and bought Onomah back from loan...oh and extended Eriksen's contract, would we see that as a successful window? How is Onomah doing in Sheffield?
Bloody awful.
No harm at all in rescuing him from Steve Bruce again. Quickly!

Back