• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

Any news on Wilmar Barrios? Looks like a good player that will offer something different in our midfield especially considering the unavailability of Dembele & Wanyama. His red card for Boca Juniors earlier this month was his only in 2 years. The Argentina leagues are in off-season so should be easier to negotiate if we want him.

Have you seen more of him than the world cup? Because at he looked absolutely dreadful there. A real headless chicken - bad Sissoko-esque. And (West Ham's) Carlos Sanchez was getting picked ahead of him most of the time.

The whole thing struck me as a 'random crap player come and get me plea', before he goes and signs for someone like Middlesbrough

Liverpool will rival Bayern Munich for the signing of 22-year-old RB Leipzigand Germany striker Timo Werner. (Abendzeitung, via Metro)

One we were linked to before I think?

Roma are preparing to make a £25m January move for Crystal Palace's 28-year-old Netherlands defender Patrick van Aanholt. (Sun)

Director of football Marcel Brands says Everton will not pay £30m for PSV's23-year-old Mexico winger Hirving Lozano. (Voetbal International - in Dutch)

While I didnt like his diving antics against us, he is a hell of a talent.

Have you seen more of him than the world cup? Because at he looked absolutely dreadful there. A real headless chicken - bad Sissoko-esque. And (West Ham's) Carlos Sanchez was getting picked ahead of him most of the time.

The whole thing struck me as a 'random crap player come and get me plea', before he goes and signs for someone like Middlesbrough

Agree - didnt look very impressive in the world cup. He wasn't quite at Aurier's level of recklessness, but not far off, and didnt offer much at all with the ball as you say, Main attributes seemed to be pace and work-rate.

Oh, he got sent off in the second leg of the Copa Libertadores final - not exactly a responsible head which you want in that position

If we could get one player in January, what position would it be?

A month ago I would have said a FB, but Rose last few games and Aurier's before injury seem to make it less critical.

A DM or deeper lying midfielder? (someone to replace some combination of Dembele/Wanyama)?

Will he definitely be called up and do we have to let him go? Shame if he's away then, will miss both semi final legs and the Utd game.

He doesn't leave until after the Utd game so will be ok for that and the 1st leg of the semi.

Absolutely CM. N'dombele would be great, but we're not going to get him. I wouldn't mind new wing backs either.

I watched the Copa Libertadores finals. He was class the first leg. There was not much midfield play on the second leg but Boca collapsed after he was sent off.

If we could get one player in January, what position would it be?

A month ago I would have said a FB, but Rose last few games and Aurier's before injury seem to make it less critical.

A DM or deeper lying midfielder? (someone to replace some combination of Dembele/Wanyama)?

CM without a doubt. Ideally Dembele's long-term replacement.

I've been going on about Andre Gomes as an ideal target for us for a year or two - not sure what the terms of his loan with Everton is, but if Barca were able to sell him in Jan then I'd still say he would be a great signing, particularly as he's now more used to the PL

I've been going on about Andre Gomes as an ideal target for us for a year or two - not sure what the terms of his loan with Everton is, but if Barca were able to sell him in Jan then I'd still say he would be a great signing, particularly as he's now more used to the PL

I’d never seen him play before this season but I have been impressed

All hail “The New Stambouli”!!!!

Jorge Mendes client. Won't happen.

My preference would be Amadou Diawara, from Napoli.

CM - Dembele/Wanyama hybrid.

Physicality to complement Dier and Winks, but a much better ballplayer than Sissoko.
how about Billing at Huddersfield - seems to have the blend of physique and technique, has prem experience and young enough for Poch bring him up another level and fit in with the team ethos?

Anyone been keeping an eye on Ricardo for Leicester? He was decent today v Chelsea.

Just wondering as we were linked with him when on loan at Nice. Would he have been better value than Aurier??

Back