• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a promo price for this weekend.

Pretty sure the prices today are what they will be once it's up and running - there was something about how they need to price competitively in order to get people in the ground early and have them stay after the game has finished.

Our goal has to have a little backfill so it doesn't slope down... we are definitely pushing the boundaries of pitch size / drop off areas.

I know it is awesome and fine and the players will be fine and it is awesome and fine, just saying it is pretty tight.

Look at the picture of the Goon Bowl below, 2 of those players, at our ground, would be sliding down the astroturf into the railings

mCIrvCp.jpg

TERMV9WaRR9qbTdU7NKs_close.JPG

@Bullet A picture is worth a thousand words. Just look at and enjoy how much fuking better it is!

Previously there was similar or less run off, there is a slope now, but it will give us a unique feature.

Last edited:
Our goal has to have a little backfill so it doesn't slope down... we are definitely pushing the boundaries of pitch size / drop off areas.

I know it is awesome and fine and the players will be fine and it is awesome and fine, just saying it is pretty tight.

Look at the picture of the Goon Bowl below, 2 of those players, at our ground, would be sliding down the astroturf into the railings

mCIrvCp.jpg

TERMV9WaRR9qbTdU7NKs_close.JPG

This is what I don’t understand - are we expecting players to take part of their corner run up from the slope? That can’t help getting their technique right?

It obviously looks amazing and I’m sure the club has thought about it, just right now I don’t see how it’s ideal for set pieces or for injury prevention.

This is what I don’t understand - are we expecting players to take part of their corner run up from the slope? That can’t help getting their technique right?

It obviously looks amazing and I’m sure the club has thought about it, just right now I don’t see how it’s ideal for set pieces or for injury prevention.

Not that different to Old Trafford.

old-trafford-view.jpg

I think in photos the slope looks much more exaggerated than the reality.. Also in the areas behind the goals, will there not a cover/more grass down on match days?

Either way I wouldn't worry too much. Fans demand a tight pitch and now it's too close, typical really :ross:

I like it as well. I'm in row 6 and was really concerned about being so low down but with the rake on that stand I'm happy at the elevation/sight line, just over the crossbar. Now as long as the rain doesn't blow back in my face I'll be an extremely happy bunny.

Cheers Mr Levy!

View attachment 5483

I’m in Row 4 just to the right of the goal and had the same worries. Looks like it won’t be an issue!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Pretty sure the prices today are what they will be once it's up and running - there was something about how they need to price competitively in order to get people in the ground early and have them stay after the game has finished.

That's good news

Hope it isn't an issue but it's hard to see how It won't be tbh

Erm...see, there's *short*, and then there's 'absolutely no run-up possible'. If this picture is accurate, I think our stadium will be the latter - a lot of corners will need to be taken from a position of essentially standing still. Which will be a major impediment to getting it in the box.

Same thing with linos and such - they might just fall over if they're not careful while running up and down those extremely tight sidelines. That gradient is concerning.

There has to be more to this.

Back