• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

You're stubborn, I'll give you that.
But more importantly, there's a player out there, clocking up some seriously good performances. An intelligent person would understand. AVB would probably make him stand on a box.
I see more to football than pace and strength. It's simply not enough at our level (nor the level to which we aspire) to have other skills but not "on the ball" skills. Those days are long gone, it's just that plenty either don't see that or don't want to.

I see more to football than pace and strength. It's simply not enough at our level (nor the level to which we aspire) to have other skills but not "on the ball" skills. Those days are long gone, it's just that plenty either don't see that or don't want to.

I get this, the Stef Freund is a genius days are gone and we as a club need players that can do both skill sets, be athletic and have pace but also have a decent skill level.

That said, Sissoko has improved alot and I will def acknowledge that,.

GHod you really are a bit of a dingdong aren’t you?

I mean, yes, fine, he mis controlled a pass and it went out for a throw. Something even our best players have done. After about 80+ minutes of relentless running attacking and defending, taking the ball in tight spaces and driving at Barcelona, always driving the team up the pitch, laying a cross on a plate for Lucas, and just generally being a top player in amongst the heap of top players we had tonight.

I get that you aren’t ever going to change your mind, and I get that your Sissoko criticism is either comedy-schtick or simply you playing your role as the Adrian Durham of this forum to drive engagement (or a combination of both), but really, to pick out the one bad thing he does all match and ignore absolutely everything else that he did that was good? On a night like this? Just plain sad. It isn’t the night for it.

You genuinely think it as well. This isn’t you getting a rise out of anyone, you revel in your opinion inspite of plenty of evidence you are just plain wrong. I’m sure it helps you in other walks of your life, but it must be awfully stressful watching us play and hoping that Sissoko is going to make one mistake so that you get to say what you want to say. Or because you genuinely believe we have someone in midfield that can’t pass the ball, maybe you are always expecting us to lose it.

But this just isn’t the night for it. We had a team of heroes and he was one of them. He more than played his part. I know you know that, so drop the schtick for one evening. You’ll feel a whole lot better.
I don't think I've ever pretended to be anything different. I'm not here for the popularity contest.

It's never stressful watching Sissoko - quite the opposite. He's always good comic relief in matches that would otherwise stress me out. - seeing a footballer at any level looking like he does on the ball is amusing.

I've been fairly consistent in this opinion. I'm sure you were around here when I was trying to point out (against the tide as well) that Parker was not a suitable Carrick replacement nor the person to be the pivot in midfield over Modric. Players who can't play football are simply not going to be good enough for me no matter what else they do.

I get this, the Stef Freund is a genius days are gone and we as a club need players that can do both skill sets, be athletic and have pace but also have a decent skill level.

That said, Sissoko has improved alot and I will def acknowledge that,.
He has improved massively, but he's not a footballer and never will be. That's fine for Stoke or Saudi Sportswashing Machine, it's not for a team with our ambitions.

If only we had Onomah out there instead of him to drive us forward with his on the ball skills and his complete lack of pace and strength. Every team needs it water carriers yet some people refuse to see or acknowledge their contribution to the team.

If only we had Onomah out there instead of him to drive us forward with his on the ball skills and his complete lack of pace and strength. Every team needs it water carriers yet some people refuse to see or acknowledge their contrinbution to the team.
How many water carriers who can't play football do Barca have? Doesn't seem to hurt them much.

They only have to play 20 odd games a year and at least 16 are against teams who are terrified of them and try to keep the score down. If they had a couple last night they may have beat us. It just gets boring when a player is continually targeted for abuse whatever he does, he's certainly a player we could upgrade on but he doesnt deserve the stick he gets following his recent form.

They only have to play 20 odd games a year and at least 16 are against teams who are terrified of them and try to keep the score down. If they had a couple last night they may have beat us. It just gets boring when a player is continually targeted for abuse whatever he does, he's certainly a player we could upgrade on but he doesnt deserve the stick he gets following his recent form.
I've never targeted Sissoko for abuse. I think he's probably a decent chap - always seems to acknowledge the fans, hand out his shirt, etc.

I might ridicule him, and he makes himself worthy of it, but I won't abuse him.

I've never targeted Sissoko for abuse. I think he's probably a decent chap - always seems to acknowledge the fans, hand out his shirt, etc.

I might ridicule him, and he makes himself worthy of it, but I won't abuse him.
And always tries his hardest, I should add.

Like those middle aged women in awful pubs like Wetherspoons, he works his absolute arse off and gives everything to be a 4.

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever pretended to be anything different. I'm not here for the popularity contest.

It's never stressful watching Sissoko - quite the opposite. He's always good comic relief in matches that would otherwise stress me out. - seeing a footballer at any level looking like he does on the ball is amusing.

I've been fairly consistent in this opinion. I'm sure you were around here when I was trying to point out (against the tide as well) that Parker was not a suitable Carrick replacement nor the person to be the pivot in midfield over Modric. Players who can't play football are simply not going to be good enough for me no matter what else they do.

And again, the scary thing is you actually do sound like you are being serious, and that you aren’t joking, and that you can actually watch Sissoko regularly take the ball in tight spaces against one of the best teams in the world and drive at them, push them back, and give useful passes to our players further forward, and still conclude he is ‘not a footballer’. I think you present like an intelligent guy who should be able to appreciate the wider context into why players like Sissoko have their place given the overall strategy of our Manager and why comparisons to Modric or Parker aren’t apt or so easily black and white...but I think backfire effect is right.

It is like seeing Trump argue something that the whole world can see is now nonsense. There is no longer an interesting debate to be had when your position is entrenched in one that doesn’t in any way tally with that is happening in reality.

I get that you aren’t ever going to change your mind, and I get that your Sissoko criticism is either comedy-schtick or simply you playing your role as the Adrian Durham of this forum
:D:D:D

There’s no coming back from that line!!!

Awaiting @scaramanga setting up a premium rate GG phone in, so we can ring up and defend Sissoko angrily. for two hours. every week day. at 5.

And again, the scary thing is you actually do sound like you are being serious, and that you aren’t joking, and that you can actually watch Sissoko regularly take the ball in tight spaces against one of the best teams in the world and drive at them, push them back, and give useful passes to our players further forward, and still conclude he is ‘not a footballer’. I think you present like an intelligent guy who should be able to appreciate the wider context into why players like Sissoko have their place given the overall strategy of our Manager and why comparisons to Modric or Parker aren’t apt or so easily black and white...but I think backfire effect is right.

It is like seeing Trump argue something that the whole world can see is now nonsense. There is no longer an interesting debate to be had when your position is entrenched in one that doesn’t in any way tally with that is happening in reality.
I think he’s deliberately seeking a rise out of anyone who will bite. Your detailed responses are playing right into his hands....

Back