• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

It’s as relevant as a player saying they like the ground.....

He’s got a year left in the summer, how much will we realistically get?

I'd be gutted if he goes - even more so if we allow him to go on a free - but we don't 'own' him (or anyone else, for that matter) so if the club are sure that he's going to run his contract down then DL will need to deal with that as and when he sees fit and I'm certain that they will endeavour to get the best deal they can for the club.

Other than my views above it's nothing personal but I really can't be arsed to play the speculation game with you, to be honest.

One more thing - I know that I should keep shtum on this but there have been SO many times lately where I've come on here and seen a few of you (not JUST you, btw...) focus on almost nothing but the downsides to every discussion - and if they aren't immediately apparent you guys go looking for them (or worse still, make them up by chaining together multiple miserable "what-ifs") and then post as if they are nailed-on certainties.

It's like you (again, not just YOU...) almost want Spurs to fail and I, for one, can't get my head around the constant 'glass half empty' mentality. I'd rather enjoy the journey that we are on with the club and see where it takes us instead of sitting nervously on the edge of my seat expecting us to crash at any second.

Just saying.

Arise, Sir TottenHamster!
latest

It was at 1-0. Eriksen chipped it over the Chelsea defence and Son blazed it over the bar on the half volley. Think you may be referring to the one Son volleyed low and the keeper saved.

They're both absolutely brilliant passes. So hard to do, so skillfully executed. My favourite is the chip, because I love chips (in many ways), but to find Son so perfectly on that other occation, from Eriksen's position, with that angled pass, is bloody good too.

The first action he took against Inter after coming on as a sub, was to hit an arrow-like 50 yard freekick which Verts failed to convert. First touch in the game after sitting on the bench, not even a simple pass to warm up. That pass was as good a pass as you could hope to see from that situation. He's a freak and we need him to stay.

The first action he took against Inter after coming on as a sub, was to hit an arrow-like 50 yard freekick which Verts failed to convert. First touch in the game after sitting on the bench, not even a simple pass to warm up. That pass was as good a pass as you could hope to see from that situation. He's a freak and we need him to stay.
It was sublime! And Verts was a bit of a coward. Should have scored.

It was sublime! And Verts was a bit of a coward. Should have scored.

I've barely ever played the game and you revealed yourself as a Norwegian international the other day, so it feels a bit silly to argue the toss over this one, but was he really cowardly? He dived in, got it a little wrong, and seemed to hurt himself in doing so. Not his main job, after all.

I've barely ever played the game and you revealed yourself as a Norwegian international the other day, so it feels a bit silly to argue the toss over this one, but was he really cowardly? He dived in, got it a little wrong, and seemed to hurt himself in doing so. Not his main job, after all.
I thought it looked a bit cowardly. He kind of crunched down instead of sticking his head out to connect with the ball.
We might hate him, but I'm pretty sure someone like John Terry would have stuck his neck out there to try to score, whether that would be with the face or the nuts.

Just looked like he didn't do everything he could to connect, that's all.

to me it look like he mistook the flight of the ball. Eriksen hit it pretty dead so it came in lower than he was expecting, two defenders in front of him missed it and he did not get his body in the right shape. So it kind of hit him in the lower head neck area. Just a misjudgment of the flight of the ball. There was no feet or studs going for it so no reason he would be cowardly. He is a bit rusty only just having got back from injury.

to me it look like he mistook the flight of the ball. Eriksen hit it pretty dead so it came in lower than he was expecting, two defenders in front of him missed it and he did not get his body in the right shape. So it kind of hit him in the lower head neck area. Just a misjudgment of the flight of the ball. There was no feet or studs going for it so no reason he would be cowardly. He is a bit rusty only just having got back from injury.
I think this too.
The ball actually seemed to die a bit right at the end

Our most i mportant p layer ( imo) and the last one i would want to see leave the club

I don't know how to use the like button.

That's my read too. Vertonghen is no coward, quite the opposite in fact. It just took him a little by surprise.

Eight of our players were involved in the build up for that goal; from Rose's interception to Moura's goal. Dele, Sissoko and Llorente the only ones not directly involved, I believe.

Eight of our players were involved in the build up for that goal; from Rose's interception to Moura's goal. Dele, Sissoko and Llorente the only ones not directly involved, I believe.
To be fair to Llorente he was free on the back stick too and was in the six yard box, on side for the cross when it came in so arguably involved even if he didn’t touch the ball.... great goal though when you see it in isolation

He was immense tonight. Really need to give this guy what he wants to secure his signature.

Eriksen was imperious, some of those passes tore Barcelona apart.

Big part of how we outplayed and out possessed (first time since 2006 or something similar that Barca had less possession at home in a CL game) Barca.

Just look at the lack of pressing from Barca, for our goal.
They were just walking, allowing us to play.
Notice how Vermaelen doesn't trust his centre back partner and plays 10 yards deeper, keeping everyone onside, amateurish.

Back