• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emirates Marketing Project

I wonder how much it would cost them to set up a Middle East league somewhere, with a 1 month season so they could get players off the books and loan them city in the “off season”.

the more you think about it, its amazing how much praise Emirates Marketing Project actually get considering that between the club, owners, and their manager, there have been accusations of more than 1 type of doping and human rights violations. or maybe i'm wrong and they're winning because of tactical innovations?

The City Football Group (CFG) is a holding company that administers association football clubs under the ownership of Abu Dhabi United Group (ADUG).[2] It is part-owned by Chinese firms China Media Capital and CITIC Capital.[3]

The company's flagship club is Emirates Marketing Project F.C. in the English Premier League. It also owns parts of clubs in the United States, Australia, Japan, Spain, and Uruguay. The company's aim is to own a team on each continent, each with the identifier "City" in its name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_Football_Group

Emirates Marketing Project can pretty much do what they want. It looks like no governing body, be it UEFA. EPL or FA, can touch them.

Not a conspiracist but it is impossible to ignore the threats to help form a super league as a strike against both FIFA and the PL. Like a threat. Punish us and we leave. It is disgusting. They really are starting to disgust me.

As for Guardiola, I have long held him in lower esteem than most. Tosser.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

the more you think about it, its amazing how much praise Emirates Marketing Project actually get considering that between the club, owners, and their manager, there have been accusations of more than 1 type of doping and human rights violations. or maybe i'm wrong and they're winning because of tactical innovations?
They seem to have been quite clever with their managerial selections. Mankini, old man Pellegrini and Fraudiola are all media friendly frontmen for the real operation. I just wish they hadn’t been so forward planning with their signings and got a couple of Sanchez and Pogba’s in draining the coffers and morale.

Only hope Aguero, Fernandinho, Kompany don’t get replaced properly and they turn into the Goons mk2 with style over substance (de Bruyne is a bloody exceptional player too mind)

They seem to have been quite clever with their managerial selections. Mankini, old man Pellegrini and Fraudiola are all media friendly frontmen for the real operation. I just wish they hadn’t been so forward planning with their signings and got a couple of Sanchez and Pogba’s in draining the coffers and morale.

Only hope Aguero, Fernandinho, Kompany don’t get replaced properly and they turn into the Goons mk2 with style over substance (de Bruyne is a bloody exceptional player too mind)
That won't happen with City because their cash is endless. If they buy a player for £150M and he's brick, they can give him away the next season and not worry about it.

They are fast becoming one of my most despised "clubs"...I couldn't give a toss about their success, it is how they are getting it. I had no issue whatsoever with Man Used under SAF because whatever you thought of him, he built a dynasty off the back of a youth system that he cultivated. Yes he spent serious money later, but the charge came from his own youth product line. Emirates Marketing Project will probably sell Foden next as he won't get in otherwise, and if they/Guardiola could've built a side featuring Foden and Sancho I'd have more time for them Not (of course) that they give a flying fudge what I think, I am not even a potential fart to any of them...tossers!!!

I can’t see anything changing in the next few years, yes Pep has limitless funds but the pressure is still there, if he doesn’t win the CL this season he’ll be fired, the next guy will be under the same expectation, you can’t think long term when your employment depends on winning now.

Emirates Marketing Project will probably sell Foden next as he won't get in otherwise, and if they/Guardiola could've built a side featuring Foden and Sancho I'd have more time for them

I agree.
Anything they have and go on to achieve will be totally meaningless due to being financially bankrolled by the country, Abu Dhabi.

They won’t sell Foden for PR reasons. They have to maintain the sham of the charm offensive for the fans and most importantly the media.

Liverpool have spent mega amounts to hang on to City’s (aka Abu Dhabi Athletic) coattails and Klopp. I commend their endeavours but I don’t think it’s a war they or any club can currently win.

Last edited:
They are fast becoming one of my most despised "clubs"...I couldn't give a toss about their success, it is how they are getting it. I had no issue whatsoever with Man Used under SAF because whatever you thought of him, he built a dynasty off the back of a youth system that he cultivated. Yes he spent serious money later, but the charge came from his own youth product line. Emirates Marketing Project will probably sell Foden next as he won't get in otherwise, and if they/Guardiola could've built a side featuring Foden and Sancho I'd have more time for them Not (of course) that they give a flying fudge what I think, I am not even a potential fart to any of them...tossers!!!
It went the same with Blackburn, then Chelsea and like them I hold City's success as "its not real though is it". it was quite funny watching my City mate who was equally scathing about Chelsea come to terms with the way City bought their success but he did come to terms with it. In a few years the real vitriol will be forgotten similarly as with Chelsea and they will become a Big club with no asterisk attached.

I think it will mean more to us if we manage to build rather than buy, genuinely believe that.

It absolutely will.

Because it will have been earned.

Chelsea still have an asterisk, for me. Literally anything they have won since Abramovic gets instantly forgotten from my mind. Similarly City. I genuinely couldnt name what they have won and how many times. Its meaningless.

It absolutely will.

Chelsea still have an asterisk, for me. Literally anything they have won since Abramovic gets instantly forgotten from my mind. Similarly City. I genuinely couldnt name what they have won and how many times. Its meaningless.
does for me as well but I imagine 15 year olds now don't have the same opinion.

It absolutely will.

I literally don't care when they win trophies, unless they deny us directly. It means nothing, as with City, far better than Arsenal or Liverpool winning something with true merit.

Back