• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

BoL is just relentless, any scrap to try and qualify his devotion. (works hard, does some decent off the ball defensive actions - all stuff readily acknowledged many times by many posters yet he cant resist "... offending and patronising the Spurs fan base by praising ..." "Or that he doesn't mean exactly what he is actually saying" - loosely translated as "ner ner I told you so")

Im pretty sure you are just fishing for bricks and giggles.

As if it needed saying, again, but I will anyway - I am absolutely delighted he has improved. Why wouldnt I be?

I love this idea that a poster doesnt rate a player, and if said player becomes good - said poster somehow loses out/gets upset. Got to love the internet.

Mate, I ABSOLUTELY posted that link for bricks and giggles. Of course I bloody did!

I love the Trumpian ability to paint me out as a 'devotee', along with my 'mantras', 'ego', 'agendas' etc. We aren't arguing in divorce court here. You literally said on the previous page that you took offence to my bringing up Sissoko's off the ball work because it was patronising and insinuating that you couldn't see it, so I post an article when Ben Davies says exactly that! I'm absolutely saying I told you so...it backs up and argument I have made with an actual quote from an informed player.

I'm glad you are delighted he has improved. And I'm glad you are in no way bothered about arguments on the internet. Only wish that I, with my ego, agenda, devotion, mantras etc could be so calm about it all.

sissoko has been my favourite player for a long time; i use him to describe my approach in five-a-side to my friends. pace, power and no first touch :) i love him more than i loved zokora. each time he shins the ball i experience a wave of pleasure and think, "oh, that's sissoko!" and smile inside. When he scores i will literally brick a brick.

Youve repeated things as mantra until they sound like truth, even when they are not. Taken a single good action or result as proof of something, when it is not. Youve been pushing his performances as way beyond reality for a very long time, if not delusional then you choose the word - but you most certainly have built a whole agenda at defending him at any cost.

While also painting any naysayers as the similarly driven by ego or agenda. Far from completely reasoned yourself.

The off the ball stuff, frankly, I find offensive. The argument effectively being "well he does this really good stuff that you just cant see or pick up on".

I can, I have, and Ive given credit where its due. And you and I had a conversation in particular, in this thread, about how we have each always shared an appreciation for understated players that do the simple things well (such as Jenas).

For you to then try and throw that one at me? What do you expect?

"Oh Yes! BoL you are so right! Despite being someone who has had detailed conversations with you on this very subject - I just needed to be patronised to see the truth!"

I very simply havent seen him as a stand out player. Useful? Yes. Hard working? Yes. Actually particularly good? No.

People keep mentioning him running the ball to nowhere late against Wolves as having value, and so demonstrative of a good game. At that moment, yes, it was useful. However, he was doing exactly the same all through the game, and when he arrived at nowhere, and did nothing with it, was that useful? No. So how is it, this trait that was handy literally just for the dying minutes of the game suddenly indicative of a good performance?

Against Palace, yes, his passing was much improved. He put a few balls around that really caught the eye - they were unexpected from him. However, it was literally 2 or 3 passes. All his other passes, even those that found their target, were not good. They were not forward, they were not into the spaces, they were not furthering our game. So yes, improved passing. Good passing? Not for me.

And herein lays the real catch. It seems to me that people are really rather easily impressed, and I honestly think it is just because he was so poor before. Whether consciously or not, I am sure people are using that very low bar as a baseline when looking at him.

Someone argued before that had Winks played the same game he wouldnt be getting so much stick (what stick? honestly?).

He most certainly would. And you can flip it very easily. Had Dier played the same game would you have called him a stand out? I think not.

But Sissoko? "Stand out player" "A 6 is being really harsh".

I would also say, and I think I have - against Wolves Sissokos movement was attrocious. He left us and Winks exposed countless times, and while people were enjoying his running, it seems they were missing the problems he was creating.

Against Palace he was exactly the same, but Wanyama did an excellent job in covering for him and keeping things somewhat secure. I thought Wanyama did some excellent work - primarily because of Sissokos poor movement. Post game, Sissoko is a stand out player and all comment on Wanyama is how poor he was and how he wasnt his old self. Now THATS harsh.
Just stop it. We understand that you don't like him, and will forever be unable to admit that he plays well. It's OK, and we don't need to hear it anymore.

Mate, I ABSOLUTELY posted that link for bricks and giggles. Of course I bloody did!

I love the Trumpian ability to paint me out as a 'devotee', along with my 'mantras', 'ego', 'agendas' etc. We aren't arguing in divorce court here. You literally said on the previous page that you took offence to my bringing up Sissoko's off the ball work because it was patronising and insinuating that you couldn't see it, so I post an article when Ben Davies says exactly that! I'm absolutely saying I told you so...it backs up and argument I have made with an actual quote from an informed player.

I'm glad you are delighted he has improved. And I'm glad you are in no way bothered about arguments on the internet. Only wish that I, with my ego, agenda, devotion, mantras etc could be so calm about it all.

Much like with Sissoko, with you its absolutely nothing personal and I can only say what I see ;).

Were I looking for a similar "I told you so", after spending a week of people triumphantly using Deschamps calling him up as proof of his over ratedness(is that a word?) I would have been in here Friday night with a nod and a wink to his classic Sissokoness in giving away a penalty for France.

Of course, I was above that sort of pettiness :p.

Your "I told you so" misses the mark completely. I dont think Ive seen one person who doesnt rate Sissoko NOT acknowledge his workrate. So who are you taking swipes at?

Just stop it. We understand that you don't like him, and will forever be unable to admit that he plays well. It's OK, and we don't need to hear it anymore.

2 out of 3, not bad. I dont like him (as a footballer, sure he's a lovely guy), when he does play well Ill gladly "admit" it (oh the horror :rolleyes:), but yes - it is pretty boring.

Much like with Sissoko, with you its absolutely nothing personal and I can only say what I see ;).

Were I looking for a similar "I told you so", after spending a week of people triumphantly using Deschamps calling him up as proof of his over ratedness(is that a word?) I would have been in here Friday night with a nod and a wink to his classic Sissokoness in giving away a penalty for France.

Of course, I was above that sort of pettiness :p.

Your "I told you so" misses the mark completely. I dont think Ive seen one person who doesnt rate Sissoko NOT acknowledge his workrate. So who are you taking swipes at?

2 out of 3, not bad. I dont like him (as a footballer, sure he's a lovely guy), when he does play well Ill gladly "admit" it (oh the horror :rolleyes:), but yes - it is pretty boring.

It wasn’t work rate, I was specifically referring to Ben Davies saying it’s his off the ball work, kind of like a call back to a joke when you said my rating of Sissoko’s off the ball work was offensive. That’s all.

I honestly wonder if some of you even watch the matches. I will repeat again that this thread (and the Lamela one to a certain extent) have been cringe-fests. I think it's time to grow the fudge up. Dishing out unsubstantiated opinions on matters you have little to no knowledge on seems like something a Chelsea fan would do (yes, that is meant to be offensive). Try enlightening yourselves; forming your opinion after watching a performance is generally the correct order of doing things instead of the other way around.

I honestly wonder if some of you even watch the matches. I will repeat again that this thread (and the Lamela one to a certain extent) have been cringe-fests. I think it's time to grow the fudge up. Dishing out unsubstantiated opinions on matters you have little to no knowledge on seems like something a Chelsea fan would do (yes, that is meant to be offensive). Try enlightening yourselves; forming your opinion after watching a performance is generally the correct order of doing things instead of the other way around.
Agreed. @BrainOfLevy needs to watch some football ;)

Yep he was my man of the match today as well.

I was hugely critical of him when he first rocked up, but he did the work today of 2 players covering so much ground, loved the sliding tackle in the first half, good clean simple use of the ball in distributing it to others. I am not to proud to admit to being wrong, very pleased for the lad.

Special credit goes to Aurier taking out that cnut Hazard as well.

Actually looked like he belonged in the team tonight, had a good game.

Especially liked the sliding tackle in the first half, wish he would do more like that, he has the size and power to intimidate players, he just needs to put himself about a bit.

For maybe the first time he doesn't need a special Sissoko 6 he earnt a proper 7

Back