• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

I didnt say they were right, just thats what they thought last time!

They assumed it would be a formality with Clinton. The thought they had it in the bag. Im pretty sure most are still in denial!

You think they can get it right next time? I wouldnt be so sure.
Pretty much everyone is more electable than Sanders or Clinton, as Trump proved. There are quite a few decent candidates out there this time - Kamala Harris would be my pick.

Half Indian, Half Jamaican, and a woman - you think she would stand a chance?
I think the only unknown there is the fact that she's female. Polling and history seem to both show that the only people likely to vote based on someone's race are the ones the Democrats will never win anyway.

She seems to have plenty of public agreement on her stance of "If you're not Native American and your family weren't dragged here on slave ships then your family were immigrants too" and I think that will play out when it comes to voting.

What we don't know is how much of Clinton's failure to beat Trump was down to her being female, how much was down to the "drain the swamp" factor and how much was down to her being a clam. I'm really not sure, but I hope and suspect her sex was a small proportion of it.

Half Indian, Half Jamaican, and a woman - you think she would stand a chance?

She's cut from the same cloth as Clinton, she might win the primary if the DNC rig it like they did against Sanders.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamala_Harris

After the United States Supreme Court in Brown v. Plata (2011) declared California's prisons so overcrowded they inflicted cruel and unusual punishment, Harris fought federal court supervision, explaining "I have a client, and I don't get to choose my client."[7] After California failed to fully implement the court's order to reduce crowding, and was ordered to implement new parole programs, lawyers for Harris appealed the decision on grounds that if forced to release these inmates early, prisons would lose an important labor pool

That's a taste of who she is. Her whole strategy will be "as a woman of colour..." and pretending to be left-wing when the base starts getting behind someone like Sanders or a candidate of that ilk. IMO, Trump would beat her.

If Bernie runs and the primary is fair, he can win, because he has consistently polled as beating Trump in a head to head battle for President and his main policy, medicare-for-all, has majority support even amongst Republican voters.

I think the only unknown there is the fact that she's female. Polling and history seem to both show that the only people likely to vote based on someone's race are the ones the Democrats will never win anyway.

She seems to have plenty of public agreement on her stance of "If you're not Native American and your family weren't dragged here on slave ships then your family were immigrants too" and I think that will play out when it comes to voting.

What we don't know is how much of Clinton's failure to beat Trump was down to her being female, how much was down to the "drain the swamp" factor and how much was down to her being a clam. I'm really not sure, but I hope and suspect her sex was a small proportion of it

I think her campaign staff failed her. And she failed herself. She needed to understand that the language necessary to fight the orangutang was hard, simple and somewhat aggressive in tone. That she rode off being "the first potential female President" handed Bannon & co a golden ticket. they simply attacked her "narcissistic" stance. Throw the emails in and her proud declaration that "when they go low we go high" (which to many angry numpties was nothing more than elitist snobbery) and she cooked her own goose. She lost it, he didn't win it. Shades of Gore and Bush? I think so. Like you, I think Harris would be a fine choice but do worry that the US has regressed beyond reasonable help with regards to decent candidates versus gender and racial make-up.

Back