• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Sat 5 January - 3rd round FA cup tie against Notts County. It's been written

No chance. There is not time to hold the test events and it would be very expensive to move over the Christmas period. I doubt that the police would support an early January opening either.

I think the club want it to open with a "big" game, no doubt they'll be looking at man utd January 13th if it's possible the stadium will be ready by then... If I'd have to guess, I'd say that's the one and all of this further delay talk is smoke and mirrors

Dont we have to give fans a month notice of any match? If true, then on that basis if we are to have the January 13th Man Utd game we need to know by the 13th December 2018. With no dates confirmed for the events yet, and they possibly need to have a months notice too then I reckon the Utd game is too close unless they announce the events now for December. I'm going to guess it will be 2nd February and Saudi Sportswashing Machine game.

I think the stadium delays vs "if we are so far with opening, why are the club doing x or y" discussion points are interesting.

I would have thought that the negative PR if the club said last summer that "the delay etc caused by (insert your reason) has meant we will not be able to open until next season" would have been more catastrophic compared to keeping the hope of "nearly there, nearly there" every couple of months.

If the delay is strung along over months the hope some of us have remains and the club look a lot less unrealistic; wasn't there industrial commentary saying that doing the kind of intricate work in a year was wildly optimistic?
How many of us have turned the finger to laugh at Chelski and the possibility of them having to move out of Stamford Bridge for 3 years for their redevelopment?
If Levy had said in Summer 2017 that we'd be away from WHL for TWO whole seasons how many of you would have had a meh feeling given the hassle of Wembley?
Levy and bluffing is nothing new lol.

From all the 'negative' commentary/ITK etc so far (very little has been shown to be bs if we're honest so far), i think we have to prepare ourselves to only be able to play at NWHL in April at the earliest. We also have to prepare for no signings again in January as you can imagine the impact on cashflow (though that is another discussion in itself, which i'm not going anywhere near..)

How glorious would it be for me to be wrong by 3 months eh?

I can't see it though..

I think the club want it to open with a "big" game, no doubt they'll be looking at man utd January 13th if it's possible the stadium will be ready by then... If I'd have to guess, I'd say that's the one and all of this further delay talk is smoke and mirrors

I would LOVE it if you're right...sadly i can't see it and i think the Wembley extension contingency announcement is a step towards preparing our minds for another full season away...
Contingencies are always in place behind the scenes but not always announced in such a way imo

Dont we have to give fans a month notice of any match? If true, then on that basis if we are to have the January 13th Man Utd game we need to know by the 13th December 2018. With no dates confirmed for the events yet, and they possibly need to have a months notice too then I reckon the Utd game is too close unless they announce the events now for December. I'm going to guess it will be 2nd February and Saudi Sportswashing Machine game.
The club has repeatedly said that there will be some sort of update in early December (look at the end of the last update regarding the wembley "contingency" for example), that's also the reason I'm hoping for the man utd game. And who said that the test events, unlike matches, have to be announced a month in advance? I know I might sound overly optimistic, but I honestly think there's a chance the December announcement will enclose both the opening date and the test events dates.

Rose tinted glasses etc, but we're all spurs supporters aren't we? Might as well act like it

The club has repeatedly said that there will be some sort of update in early December (look at the end of the last update regarding the wembley "contingency" for example), that's also the reason I'm hoping for the man utd game. And who said that the test events, unlike matches, have to be announced a month in advance? I know I might sound overly optimistic, but I honestly think there's a chance the December announcement will enclose both the opening date and the test events dates.

Rose tinted glasses etc, but we're all spurs supporters aren't we? Might as well act like it

I understand the general sentiment on being optimistic, but i don't think NOT having rose-tinted glasses when thinking that there might be some truth in the less positive aspect of the stadium build means that one is "not acting like a Spurs supporter."

I don't think the club would care whether it was open for a big game or a small one to be honest. I think the first possible game Spurs can play at the new stadium will be played there.

Back