• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

We are talking about a building that is 500m long with 10 floors, with an immense amount of technical gadgets. Also, all of the wiring is in places out of sight and difficult to reach now that everything else is completed. It's a massive massive task to re-do it!

Someone's massive oversight. Whoever 'they' are, they built a stadium, and seem to have forgotton about or had a monumental rooster up with the wireing of the safty systems. Maybe they can't easily find the faults. Have to trawl through all the cabeling to find the faulty sections? You'd think there were ways to test these things.

Someone's massive oversight. Whoever 'they' are, they built a stadium, and seem to have forgotton about or had a monumental rooster up with the wireing of the safty systems. Maybe they can't easily find the faults. Have to trawl through all the cabeling to find the faulty sections? You'd think there were ways to test these things.
Someone I work with says hes been told a load of West Ham fans deliberately sabotaged the wiring and have been heard bragging about it. I appreciate these are easy type rumours to be created, but not exactly beyond the realms of possibility....

Someone I work with says hes been told a load of West Ham fans deliberately sabotaged the wiring and have been heard bragging about it. I appreciate these are easy type rumours to be created, but not exactly beyond the realms of possibility....

Claims like that always happen. There was meant to be a Portsmouth too buried in the Southampton stadium but I doubt it really happened. They would be pretty dumb to risk their jobs for that I am sure (but there again .. West Ham)

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk Pro

I would think those videos of the dancing on the pitch and the lighting going off are to show to Music companies in the future for having concerts there. Its a good way to do a promo video showcasing what the stadium can do in comparison to indoor arenas and other venues.

Players and Manager being there is probably so they can see it all coming. The inside of the stadium is looking almost finished so they can start to dream about it.

There were stories in the papers this week that the players would be given a tour of the stadium soon to get familiar with it.

I’ve heard spammers, I’ve heard arse fans, ive heard Chelsea
All a load of gonad*s IMO
Having worked on huge projects like this and especially the services I’m sure the subbies have had loads of commissioning issues as nothing here is standard

There are ways of testing these things. That's how we know they're broken.

I still can't believe that I was foolish enough to bet that we'd be finished and open on time seeing how much was left to do! But I do think we are getting close now!
You didn't bet it would be FINISHED.
You bet it would be operational to host a game of footy i.e. a grass rectangle with seats around it.
I'm watching Haringey Borough right now on BBC2, a grass rectangle with a few hundred seats around it.

Remember old WHL had one corner smashed out of it, and you had to access it by going under/through the new West Stand on a temporary surface, nipping between all the building works and cranes...

The stadium could have been ready in September for SOME SORT of football with SOME fans watching, IF all the safety systems were ready.

E.g. they could have opened 2 or 3 stands that were ready and 50% of boxes etc in week 1

It’s most likely not true but imagining for a moment that it was true... yes, the sabotage will have cost us hugely from a financial perspective, and led to an unplanned second stint at Wembley. But the unintended consequence is that it has allowed us to bring forward other works that would otherwise have been scheduled for after the official opening.
Meaning that when we do play our first game there it will be even more magnificent than would have been the case in mid-September. Thus the actions of the supposed saboteurs will have resulted in even greater lauding of the stadium and enhanced publicity for the club. So they’ve kind of done us a favour in some ways.

It’s most likely not true but imagining for a moment that it was true... yes, the sabotage will have cost us hugely from a financial perspective, and led to an unplanned second stint at Wembley. But the unintended consequence is that it has allowed us to bring forward other works that would otherwise have been scheduled for after the official opening.
Meaning that when we do play our first game there it will be even more magnificent than would have been the case in mid-September. Thus the actions of the supposed saboteurs will have resulted in even greater lauding of the stadium and enhanced publicity for the club. So they’ve kind of done us a favour in some ways.

With all due respect that warm fuzzy feeling you get by seeing everything completed the first time you turn up is nothing compared to the millions and it will be millions we have lost in revenue.

Conjecture on my part, but probably why we did not sign anyone in the summer. Poch has done an amazing job keeping us in touch, he would actually be my manager of the season if the season finished tomorrow. I do though reserve the right to complain about him when I feel he makes a mistake.

These stadium videos with the music look awesome and remind me of the cycling in London as it is the same sort of thing they have at the 6day racing.

Bloody Hell!

image.php

Was talking to a woman in the pub who worked on the construction. She said the delay was just contractors being contractors and making promises they couldn't fulfill. I brought up this wiring thing and she laughed when I said the rumors about rival fans. Said there was no way and she had heard nothing about the wiring causing the delay.

Interesting. Is that the first official test event out of the way?

That one looks to have been for corporate/invited guests So not official but a test nonetheless I suppose.
The first official test event was held before the delays were announced, so two more to go, assuming they don't have to repeat the first one.

Back