• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker-Peters

He didnt? I remember plenty of times where he was a complete and utter liability.

Clearly always an incredible athlete, but especially early on, barely a defender.

Similar could be said of Rose. Look how both turned out...

I am one of those that suspects next season Aurier will go up through the levels, I think by Christmas people will be loving him.

I honestly and truly hope that you are right, as I would like nothing more for Serge Aurier and for that matter, every single player we ever sign to be a success. At the moment I'd be surprised if this were to be the case with Serge Aurier, but we can only hope.

Feels like some have seen more in Aurier than I have. I dont see a quality final ball, I dont see good decision making in and around the box. I see some pace and some fight which I like but the two other points are the qualities we need moving forward.

Tripps for me is now very accomplished around the box, never losing the ball. But seems to have lost his step to get the crosses in.

KWP shows a lot of talent going forward and is tenacious around his own box whilst not being over the top.

For me its a no brainer. I would ship out one of Aurier or tripps and let KWP battle for the spot. IF he is part of two Right Backs he will get more games. But one of Tripps and Aurier has to go and im leaning towards keeping Tripps as we dont have time to hope that Aurier can become the player we hope over another half season. A lot of players take a season to settle in. But you see good flashes. Sanchez for example is still settling in. But Aurier does a lot of average things.

Feels like some have seen more in Aurier than I have. I dont see a quality final ball, I dont see good decision making in and around the box. I see some pace and some fight which I like but the two other points are the qualities we need moving forward.

Tripps for me is now very accomplished around the box, never losing the ball. But seems to have lost his step to get the crosses in.

KWP shows a lot of talent going forward and is tenacious around his own box whilst not being over the top.

For me its a no brainer. I would ship out one of Aurier or tripps and let KWP battle for the spot. IF he is part of two Right Backs he will get more games. But one of Tripps and Aurier has to go and im leaning towards keeping Tripps as we dont have time to hope that Aurier can become the player we hope over another half season. A lot of players take a season to settle in. But you see good flashes. Sanchez for example is still settling in. But Aurier does a lot of average things.

I’d keep Trippier as he is the one that’s least like to the other two...

I’ve seen nothing of Aurier that stands out which is my main concern and KWP has looked as accomplished in his two starts

Selling Trippier is madness IMO. He has grown as a player this season, and has for the most part been playing really well - certainly better than Aurier in the games I've seen.

Great news about that new KWP contract though!

This kid is good already.

He's raw, and he makes mistakes, and he's young.

But he's good.

I'd have him as one of our two RBs by the end of the window - with the other being Aurier.
Yes, but having two "rookies" in Harley and KWP might be a bit too much. Perhaps that is why he didn't get enough game time this season. Aurier was deemed to be a senior pro (his cack performances aside), so perhaps that is why he got the nods ahead of KWP.

Every time I see Aurier in the line up I think there is a potential for a penalty to be given away. The guy constantly gets on the wrong side and dives in - for me he is a liability.

Tripps has shown he can cross the ball, he isnt the fastest but he is a pretty competent defender, and a grown into a really decent player. KWP has potential and Poch obviously rates him. Personally I like him alot.

I would get rid of Aurier, and try to bring KWP up to competing woth Trippier for the RB slot.

I think that’s a myth personally, he’s no quicker than Trippier to my eyes.

We are nothing like Chelsea, never have been, so what relevance does that even have?

I think he looked a much better player yesterday. I freely admit its a small sample size to go on. That said, fitter, stronger, more assured, more assertive - I thought his performance was leagues above his game against Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

So, I think, him being with us this season has done him a lot of good. He has developed. This is a fundamentally simple point, made from the POV to counter those who have been banging on about him all season as if the club dont know what they are doing.

I think they do. I would say this season has been of great value to him.

And, as Ive also said, I think he needs a loan now to add experience to the skills he has gained.

I didn't say we are anything like Chelsea. I used them as an example of how youth players signing contract after contract doesn't necessarily mean anything in terms of how the players view their prospects, especially if those players are spurs fans. Not that we operate a similar youth policy to Chelsea.

That is fair enough, he did look better. Though like I said, we don't know how good he'd have looked with 30 extra games this season, whether with us or elsewhere.

If I was KWP, I'd be looking at the likes of TAA as my contemporary (even though he's actually much younger than Walker Peters). I'd see someone who's played a full season of games, come on leaps and bounds, is about to play a CL final and go to the world Cup and wondering why that couldn't have been similar for me.

And this isn't a problem for us only (though it has already happened a couple. Of times and looks like it may be happening again ) but for all of the better teams in the PL, many of whom seem to be losing young talent abroad exactly for this reason.

Either way, I'm sure we both hope that he has a great season full of games next season.

Its a chicken and egg thing. Without a year training with our (fudging good) team, would he have developed sufficiently?

I would wager, should he go on loan now, he will get more from it having been with our squad all year and working at that level.

I do agree, he certainly needs games now, I just dont buy that last season was somehow wasted. I think it could have been of tremendous value, and (albeit on not a huge amount of evidence) I think he has improved significantly in this time.

And then he signs a new deal.

Yes, it could be for any number of reasons, but is it actually unfair to suggest its because he thinks this is where his career is best served?

I think not.

At Chelsea? I still maintain its something of an empty point, who can even explain what goes on there?

At other clubs, it seems a fairly straightforward situation of :

Player thinks it is best to stay and work = signs
Player thinks there are better opportunities elsewhere = leaves.

KWP signed, which for me speaks volumes.

Played the whole game yesterday, which was good to see.

To those who watched the whole game, how did he play overall? It did seem like he was struggling vs Michail Antonio in the first half

To those who watched the whole game, how did he play overall? It did seem like he was struggling vs Michail Antonio in the first half

He mostly played well but made some errors. He was out-muscled a couple of times but the main concern would be positionally West Ham got in and got a couple of shots away where balls were slid down his side or into the RB area and Foyth had to cover. Was also marking Perez for their goal and completely lost the flight of it. They are things that are only likely to be ironed out if he gets game time but equally you don't want to be making those mistakes in the league or CL.

would have got a few yellow cards in a league game (obviously he wouldn't have continued to foul in the same way on a yellow) - he looked fairly shakey the full game imo.

Not writing him off or anything just wasn't impressed yesterday.

We are affecting his development by keeping him here.

He needs to go on loan, he’s not going to get a look in here - rightly or wrongly - at the moment.

Thought he looked quite shaky. Fell on his ass a lot, maybe slippery boots? Outmuscled a lot of times, out of position quite a few times. Not his best match for us, but then again, the lad needs a few games to get going. If the right team wants to loan him, I'd say go for it.

Back